1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello to you all

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Dickyboy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Dickyboy

Dickyboy Member

Hi just wanted to say hi to everyone.
    I've just registered and tried meditation about 15 years ago with some minor success. Believe or not ever since then I have tried to get back into meditation but as we all know there's about a million and one things more important than just sitting down doing nothing at all!!!! So when I found out about Project meditation I thought that this might be the catalyst for me to really get back into it seriously!

Anyway nice to meet you all, hope we will all benefit and have some real success with it. Thanks also to Micheal for this wonderful site.

Best Wishes

Richard

2. butterfly angel

butterfly angel Member

Hello and welcome!!!! :) :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Richard

Welcome to the community. I know exactly how you feel about just sitting down doing nothing at all and there being a million and one things more important to do!! I used to feel exactly the same, I think probably because I thought it was lazy to do nothing and I was brought up to always work hard and try my very best. When I heard the story of the woodcutter on Discover Meditation It was like a revelation to me. Through practising Michaels courses I find myself so much more productive now. I make decisions so quickly and easily and I don't use television as a distraction anymore. I really live in the now and when I am working I am totally emersed in work, when I am spending family time I never think of work and I always find time for my hour of rejuvenating or meditating. I do my gratitude exercise when I am showering or out walking and this really works well. Admittedly, like anything worth learning, I invested more time during the first week listening and soaking up all the instructions and reports from the courses. I believe this speeded up the process immensely for me. Good luck and enjoy. Happiness and joy to you and yours :) :) :)

4. Ariel

Ariel Member

Hi Richard,

I think exactly the same there is always something much more important to do but is there really anything more important that YOU? :)

Welcome to the community. I hope it really helps you discover meditation and keeps you inspired to achieve the results you desire.

Happy New Year

Ariel x