1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello, new and want to stop drinking and smoking and meditate more!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Eno, May 5, 2013.

1. Eno

Eno Member

Hi all,

I', new here and wanted to ask for advice from anyone who has had difficulties with drinking, drugs and smoking in the past and has transitioned their lifestyles to a more healthy one of meditation, yoga and exercise. I would personally very much want this for myself. I have also had clinical depression in the past which I have by and large overcome.

I don't do drugs any more (haven't for a long time and have no desire to anymore) but I still drink fairly regularly and smoke. I would dearly love not too. I can stop drinking easily but stopping smoking has been much harder.

Do any of you have similar experiences you would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Eno and welcome to the community :)

Here's a comment from a lovely lady called Beth
    "Fifteen months ago my life was a train crash waiting to happen and i was to ashamed to tell the truth of how bad it was and i could not even look at my self. I felt haggard and ugly and very ashamed and addicted to alcahol and cigarettes that i couldnt afford"... to continue reading, click on the following link:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/mind-body-spirit/1587-my-true-confession.html#post7972

One of the benefits of meditation is gradually letting go of habits that do not serve you well. Hope this is of help and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)