1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello, my name is Beth.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by beth, Jan 25, 2008.

1. beth

beth Member

I found this site the other day and have been doing the course. It's brilliant - I feel so lucky. Thank you Michael and God bless you.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Beth and welcome to the community. Which course are you doing? If it's Discover Meditation, have you tried the gratitude exercise yet? I'd love to hear what you think of it. Happiness and joy to you :) :) :)

3. beth

beth Member

Dicover meditation and lifeflow

Hello Pollyanna thanx for your reply. I did discover meditation for 6 times and found it very easy to follow. Its a lot like tm and I did that for almost a year beginning in the millenium. I did the gratitude exercise at the end of each meditation and enjoyed it very much. I felt so happy when I did this and I love the music. I listened to lifeflow 10 today and felt more relaxed than I can ever remember. I felt cold after and would like to know if this is normal. I am so happy to have found this community and hope it will help me. I have been told I suppress my feelings a lot which is probably true. I want to stop smoking and my doctor has told me I need to lower my intake of alcohol. I feel like I need a drink or 2 or 3 at the end of the day to relax so I am hoping lifeflow will help me. I am going to stick to it because I think it's my last chance. My husband paid a lot of money for me to do tm to help my smoking and drinking and nothing changed so I feel guilty. Best wishes Beth X

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Beth, it takes a lot of courage to say what you have and I admire you for that ;) As you enjoy the gratitude exercise so much, keep doing it. When you are really grateful for what you already have you attract more things to be grateful for in your life. It's a very powerful and enjoyable exercise when practised regularly. I agree, the music is beautiful. Very often I feel chilly or cold after doing LifeFlow and this is normal - probably because you are so deeply relaxed. Whe I lie down to do Lifelow I always have a cover over me.
    I think many of us suppress some feelings. Lifeflow has brought up a number of things I used to suppress and I have learned to simply observe them without getting involved and over time they have disapeared. This didn't happen straight away for me. The initial changes I noticed were how deeply relaxed and calm I felt, both during and outside of meditation and how clear thinking and decisive I became. If you have the time read my post (MORE THAN I EXPECTED!!!) You'll find it under Meditation Chatter Box on page 2. It may help you. For sometime after my mother suddenly died at my home, my sister would visit me some evenings and she would talk about her all the time. At that time I couldn't face hearing about my mum - it was too painful and so my coping mechanism was to have a drink probably to blot out the pain. Keep up with Lifeflow and I'm sure your coping mechanisms of smoking and drinking will dwindle away gradually. Try not to feel guilty. We are all human. You now have a wonderful tool that will serve you well for life. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing how you progress. You and your husband will be so proud of what you will achieve. Happiness ad joy to you :) :) :)