1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

hello i'm new to all this

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by miketalon, May 31, 2009.

1. miketalon

miketalon Member

i've been studing taichi for 3 years and heard about TM on the radio, theres a school in my area that wanted 2000.00 for the course, ouch way out of my range thank you so much for offering such a great course for free, i'm still waiting for the bill to come. but thanks again, i cant thank u enough.:)

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Mike and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

Yes, Transcendental Meditation can be costly. It's one of those odd things that's happened over the years. TM is a trademarked name for the Transcendental Meditatation Organisation and, when TM first came across to the West it was told that it was available for everybody. In truth, it is available to everybody... if you have very little income then they will charge you based on your available means, but most people see the basic flat rate they now charge ($2000 I assume you are referring to) and think, wow! I cant' afford that!

The rise in price happened several years ago and many of the TM teachers at the time were not happy about it. As such they left the "organisation" and set themselves up teaching TM under different names, but for a more reasonable price that most people could afford, still taking account of people's means if they really couldn't afford it.

We are fortunate that Michael, the owner of Project Meditation, offers the very same techniques (without some of the ceremonial stuff) to us all, absolutely free of charge. I myself, learn the same techniques from someone for a small charge, but I was glad to find the Project Meditation community (offering the same techniques) where there are like minded people talking about meditation with great depth and understanding.

This truly is a good place to be. So once again, Welcome.

Hugs

Giles

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome aboard Mike!

Great place to "land and learn".........:)

shine on

jim

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Welcome aboard Mike. A wonderful place to learn and just hang out with winners.

gus

5. TylerXavier

TylerXavier New Member

great help

as happy as can be :)

6. Novice Meditator

Novice Meditator Member

Hi guys!

Hi everyone! I am a newly signed up member. Nice to be here :)

Novice Meditator

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome aboard Novice Med!

Real nice forum here. Hope you like it.

shine on

jim

8. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi,
    Mike ,Tyler & Novice welcome to the PMCF.
    This is a great forum,the amazing people here takes you places.
    happy meditating journey.
    love and peace
    daffodil