1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello I am Berni G.L.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by berni.landl, Aug 20, 2009.

1. berni.landl

berni.landl Member

Hello
    My name is Bernadine, Berni for short...I am from California, but I have been in Rochester NY for about 11 years now, 9 as a single parent of a beautiful daughter...Hence the anxiety...I have personally taken many hits, ie emotional, professional, finacial in my attempt to raise my child near her only other primary care taker...her dad...
    I have been hopitalized once 5 years ago because the Doctor gave me the wrong sample meds...I had complete breakdown to the point of being "threatened" with ETC (electro shock therapy)
    I now wish to try meditation because, the last thing my daughter and I want is another unfortunate event...we are finally healing and coming together in understanding that there is a way to make everything stronger, our love for eachother, our relationship and ourselves...meditation was one of the "skills" brought to attention in the recovery process....I want to be medication free...at the moment I am ...but as she turns 16 and I am remedial parent...I feel stresses that I am learning to deal with that I have difficulty keeping balanced...I hope that I can find understanding, compassion, empathy and insight here...as I pray for miracles in my life....I believe I was led here by one.
    Thank you
    bernie

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Meditation is indeed a natural part of a healthy human life, so you should try to find some time for it each day. At first it is difficult to find, especially if we have lived a life without it. It is not that meditation itself is hard - it is very natural - but getting there, through the compact layers of habitual thoughts and feelings, takes some time. I say this so you won't be discouraged if you don't immediately break through to a wonderful experience. Some do, but if it takes some time this is also natural, not a sign from above that you were never meant to meditate. It is as natural as walking or talking, part of the standard package of human abilities. But like them, it takes a little time to get used to.

Have you downloaded the free "Discover meditation" audio course yet? If you have not already studied mediation elsewhere, it is a very good start. Once you have tried this and have an idea how to meditate, you may want to download the free sample of LifeFlow brainwave entrainment. After listening to it for a few minutes quietly, the sound effects should cause a state of mind that is more suitable for meditation than normal restless thinking.

I wish you great success, for your own part and for the benefit of your daughter. Do not hesitate to post at the forums if something comes up.

3. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Welcome Bernadine. I am positive here you will find a lot of support, and not only for meditation. May joy be with you and your daughter - and her father.
    Hugs,
    CB

4. berni.landl

berni.landl Member

thsnk you

thank you for the welcome and the information
    peace

5. berni.landl

berni.landl Member

thank you for the welcom

I downloaded the Discover Meditaion, thank you Itlandlm...I have already made time for meditation in the morning when I awake and sometimes for extra relief, gentle music when I get home...I am planning to start the program on my next day off...this Wed...cuz then I can be sure not to have to take my benedryl for my alleriges and be 24 hrs free...
    Charlie Brown, I feel every child needs to know both parents...as long as the child is safe...I wanted to give her a happy daddy and a happy mommy even if we could not stay married...all in all...she know she is loved by the 2 most important people in her life...thank you for your blessings...
    I am so looking forward to joining and working on a healthier lifestyle...a healthier Mom equals a healthier child
    with gratitude:)

6. jason100

jason100 Member

I'm new to the group

I'm Jason from San Jose California. I have a lot of background in mind control ,hypnosis and meditation but only recently discovered I was not meditation in a useful way and so began a quest to understand more about it, and how to use it. I've found this course useful, but I'm more interested in the results of practioners.

For Berni, I suggest she read Eckhart Tolle's books. He's the one that got me started on a better path, and he is the best at explaining just how an enlightening experience can change you permanently. I was a clinical hypnotist for many years and used hypnosis and self hypnosis to profoundly affect many areas of my life as well as my clients. However, meditation practice offers a superior experience, where spiritual awareness open a completely different approach to repairing your life.

Is there a quick way to find the most recent postings? Its seems this blog is backwards, starting with blog back in 2008 and one must search for the latest ones. I think you should fix that.

Jason