1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello from Utah

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by jasonearle4, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jasonearle4

jasonearle4 Member

Hi. My name is Jason. I've been practicing meditation as a part of my martial arts training since 2001. I love learning all things associated with it and what can be done with it. I've had many great experiences with it and I am looking forward to hearing more and learning more from where and whoever I can. I am excited to be here!

2. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Welcome

Hey Jason,
    Welcome to this forum! I'm pretty sure you're the Jason from my PSY 2400 class. I'm glad you found this forum. I don't know if you've had a chance to download and go through Michael's free meditation course, but I suggest that you give it a try.

I imagine you have a lot of insights to share here with your own meditation experiences over the past several years. Also, if you happen to have any questions or need a little support with some of the "stuff" meditation may be bringing up, then this is sure a good place to come. I have found that the people who post here are some of the most kind and supportive people I've ever met. Take care. I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. --Keith :)

3. jasonearle4

jasonearle4 Member

Thanks! This is that same Jason. I am having trouble downloading anything from this website. I may have my IT guy at work here take a look and see what's wrong with it. I've read some of your postings and they are great. I look forward to having those types of experiences myself, in addition to the ones I've already had.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

What martial arts do you practice ?

Does your martial arts really incorporate meditation ? that is soooooo cool !
    Tell me more dude ! :)

5. jasonearle4

jasonearle4 Member

I'll be as brief as possible because it is a little bit of a story. My teacher, James Kelly, was a student of GrandMaster Ed Parker who founded American Kenpo Karate. So, this is the base art. He also studied Ooshin, Kung Fu, and Danzan Ryu Jui-Jitsu. When he taught us, he incorporated what he learned from all of them into one. Anyway, I got my black belt in that mix of arts which covered the material needed to get a black belt in Jui-Jitsu and in American Kenpo. We did lots of meditation exercises, my favorite was what he called Chi Transfer Healing, which I have used a few times with amazing results. Anyway, I inhereted the system after he retired and had some health issues which caused him to forget all his 30+ years of martial arts training (although the muscle memory is still there) and I organized the art how I wanted to have it and I am really trying to expand on the meditation foundation he built for me, as well as build on other physical aspects. When people ask me what style I study or teach, I tell them the base arts but I don't really like to tie myself to one style since I pretty much try to pull any information I find useful to incorporate into the learning and teaching, whatever art or philosophy it comes from. I don't believe there is one best art or one best way of doing something, just maybe a better way for me or for the individual or perhaps a better teacher or better students. so I don't really believe in such thing as "the best" just maybe better. you can check out my website if you like. I am not very computer or design savy but I got it up and working. Page 1.

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Welcome Jason
    gus

7. joejordan65

joejordan65 Member

Hello Jason,

It's great to welcome you to the forum!

I look forward to reading and replying to your posts in the future.

Take Care,

Joe Jordan