1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello from India

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by siva, Sep 24, 2008.

1. siva

siva Member

Hello fellow PMers,
    I've been meditating on and off for a year, mostly off than on :)
    I've tried some guided meditations from The Art of Living and have tried their Sudharshan Kriya meditation also, in addition to their Sahaj Samadhi.
    I recently came across Binaural beats when I started doing the photoreading course by Learning Strategies and one search led to another and found myself trying the Discover Meditation CD by Mike.
    I've to say that this is the simplest way of explanation and the simplest method so far!! I'm currently doing the course and already find some not-so-pleasant memories from the past coming to me during meditation. So far, I'm trying to be just an observer of these feelings. I also tried the LifeFlow demo, liked it and have just downloaded LifeFlow 10. I'll be trying it after finishing the Discover Meditation course.
    Any tips for the beginner?

Siva

2. Imed

Imed Member

Hello Siva, I'm very glad you are able to take part in lifeflow with the rest of us. I think that you will really enjoy it and experience great benefits.

As far as tips go, it sounds like you are on the right track as far as just observing the feelings that you are experiencing. When someone doesn't observe their feelings but rather identifies with them, than that particular feeling can become "stuck" so to speak and last a lot longer.

Also, it is important to know, that every single person who meditates, will have a very different and unique experience compared to everyone else. In fact, each of your own meditation sessions will differ from session to session. Just know that, and know that whatever happens to you, is what should be happening to you, and you are exactly where you are supposed to be. Everything you experience, is perfectly "right" for you, so accept your experiences, whether percieved as positive or negative, and allow everything to just happen as it is.

Also, the main goal of meditation is to improve your awareness in everyday life. Think of meditation as "practice" and life as the "game". Apply your awareness of the present moment not only to meditation, but also to your life moment by moment. At first, it will be hard, and your mind will wander a lot, but that is perfectly normal, and just noticing this mind chatter is a success. Once you notice it, bring your awareness back to the present moment (like you would bring your awareness back to breath, mantra, etc. during your meditation.

Lastly, I don't know if you know who Eckhart Tolle is, but he is an enlightened author who teaches us how to be in the present moment. If you would like to get of taste of his work, I would recommend the book Practicing the Power of Now. It is a simplified but very helpful version, of his main book, The Power of Now which to me, seemed a little repetitive.

Anyways, feel free to ask if you have any more questions. Best of luck on your journey and know you are not alone.

Much Love,
    Eric

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Greetings

Welcome Siva and thanks Eric for taking time to share some of your thoughts. I looked at your profile and notice that you're only 19 years old, and yet you speak with the wisdom of someone much older. I keep getting blown away when I let go of judgments and preconceptions. Everyone has such amazing stories, and when I listen to them with an open heart, I always feel deep connections being made. I wish you both wellness and happiness this day. --Keith :)

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Indeed Keith, and I have to say, I am also amazed that someone of 19 years old would be interested in this !

The potential that Imed has is amazing, and I am quite sure he will have a wonderfull life as he has a head start !

The only other tip I can give Siva is: Persivere !
    Keep doing your meditations, the rewards will come in small and great packages over time !
    If in anyway possible, try not to miss a meditation a day, and when you are very busy, do a short 10 minutes meditation before sleep.
    Every meditation will help !

5. Imed

Imed Member

Thank you both Montant Keith and Edwin. I just keep thinking how blessed I am to have Lifeflow and this community and the opportunity to follow this spiritual path. I am very interested in Spirituality (as I think it is the most important thing in the world) and therefore have done a lot of reading and on it over the past couple months. Unfortunately though, through all of my "research" I have learned that you can not awaken through facts and knowledge. This is because awakening cannot be conceptualized by the mind, and there is a point where knowing will actually hinders you from awakening. This is why Eckhart Tolle calls his work "Pointers". They are not enlightenment, just sign posts that point to it. I definitely have not mastered what I know, but I am working on it, and I believe that Lifeflow will make it that much easier. I guess my advice for myself and for others in my position would to completely accept where I am. I accept that my mind still wanders, and I must renew that acceptance moment by moment. Let the Divine (God, Nature, there are many names for it) guide me on my path. I actually don't have to do any work other than sitting back, and letting the Divine do the rest :)

Thanks again for your kind words.

Love,
    Eric

6. siva

siva Member

Thanks for all your wishes. I'm lucky to have found a community like this. This is of such a help to beginners like me.

Siva

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

The funny thing is, I have been at it for a year now, and I still consider myself a beginner, I am learning every day !

I think it is the journey itself that matters, not the destination !