1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello from Cincinnati OH

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Cmprettyinpink78, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Cmprettyinpink78

Cmprettyinpink78 Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am from Cincinnati, and I purchased the Lifeflow product over the weekend! i am very excited to start the program as I have been trying to meditate for months. The past 3 nights I have been listening to the CD's before going to be, and pay attention to my breathing. Eventually I do fall asleep, but usually wake up when the video is done. I can feel myself relax, and get so relaxed that I feel like I am floating, but then when I get that feeling I tend to tense back up. I am thinking this is the meditative state that one my feel only briefly at first right?

Looking forward to connecting with others and reading about others experience.

Thanks,

Christy :D

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Christy and welcome to the Project Meditation community.

Have you also tried the free "Discover Meditation" cd's you can download from this site? They will guide you in a style of meditation known as mantra meditation, rather than focusing on the breath (not that focusing on the breath is wrong, it's just that sometimes people can end up controlling their breathing rather than letting it flow naturally and that can cause discomfort or lightheadedness etc.)

Anyway, yes, it does sound like you're getting into meditative states. The fact that you're 'tensing back up' sounds like when the mind notices that you're in the meditative state and says "wow look at this!" which then distracts you and makes you try to look at the state itself, which you cannot see, and in turn actually brings you out of the state with a start! ;) It's quite normal, and with practice will become less often.

Hugs

Giles

3. Lucy_R

Lucy_R Member

Long time ago, when I first started meditating by focusing on my breath, same thing would happen. At first I was also, like wow! The sensation of the feeling, like Giles said, would distract me of the meditation itself, but after awhile I got used to that feeling and wasn't paying attention to it any more.

Lu ;)