1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by LightLizard, Apr 16, 2009.

1. LightLizard

LightLizard New Member

Hi all. I've been a meditator for some years, but after downloading the free sample of the entrainment sounds i found it to be very, very effective, even in it's compressed format.
    i'm a 60-year-old male living with kidney disease and i re ly on daily dialysis to stay alive, or nightly dialysis, i should say.
    I have long believed that the way to inner peace for all will be found by balancing the hemispheres of the brain.
    I was a tai chi and qigong instructor for ten years before i was diagnosed.
    Now, i live on a disability with my wife and cat on beautiful vancouver island.
    i am also a musician and made my living at that for many years, previous to my tai chi endeavors.
    nice to find a place like this.

thank you!

peace and light

~LightLizard~

2. sliccy

sliccy Member

Hey, nice to meet you LightLizard. Thanks for the short biography.

I really can relate, I have been meditating for about a year now. When I tried the 11 minute demo of LifeFlow I was amazed at what just had happened. After, using the demo for a few days I decided to start up a subscription.

Anyway, good to meet you....see ya around.

3. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome fellow Canadian!

Hey LightLizard,
    I'm a fellow Canadian living along the beautiful Ottawa river valley. Welcome to this forum where support is just a keyboard away given by real nice people from "all the corners". I am a newbie (on level 9) and yes the LifeFlow demo also convinced me from the word "go".

here is wishing you a great LF journey

take care

jim

4. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I'll say hi too, as I'm a fellow-Canadian, living in rural Quebec. Welcome.
    I wonder what positive benefits LF will bring to you LightLizard. I've always been fascinated by the interface between health and meditation and will look forward to hearing your feedback.
    Bhavya

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I'm an american

can I say hi too!;)

6. Fergusclan

Fergusclan Member

CANADA TAKES OVER PROJECT MEDITATION!!

I'm from AB- Welcome.

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome Fergu...

Yes, cool stuff.... we do have a few more Canadians active on the forum at this time. It is my hope though that us folks follow each other though our meditation guided by LifeFlow journeys over the coming days, months and years. I really believe that varying degrees of value will come to us all and we will all be better for our efforts...
    The time lines seem long but taking into consideration the importance of gradual "emersion" down to delta (then there are gamma tracks...) I am doing each level 60 days plus. Gradual change is more "balanced" change....

Cool place this forum.......

And Gus buddy you are big time welcome to say hi too...any, any time!!!

take care

jim

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Lol damn those Canooks :p

welcome all new members, hope you are here to stay :)

A friend of the family is on dialisis, it's no walk in the park. How are you coping ?
    I hope your health and spirit will benefit from meditation :)

Like Seatrend said, we are only a keyboard away !

9. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Edwin, Edwin.....it's "Canucks"!!!!! and yes we are really all abit crazy:):)

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Whoops ! :p Got that one wrong. I make a lot of writing mistakes, but I stopped trying to improve my writing, usually I get my message across anyway :eek:
    Still, I am Dutch, I would like to see you try to keep up a conversation in my language ;)

I know 3 Canucks through a gaming clan I used to be in, all very nice guys. A bit crazy, but easy on the digestion system :rolleyes:

11. Ravo

Ravo Member

Yuk Yuk Yuk

Welcome Lightwizard & all , I have a feeling you are really going to like it here, I am from down under, how do you think I feel LOL :):):)

Cheers

Ravo

12. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Edwin,

My comment did seem much too forceful with the approach my quick (brain in idle state) post took.

Edwin, please accept my sincere apologies.

Your messages given on this forum are always lucid, concise and delivered in a caring manner.

I was very, very surprised when I discovered that your mother tongue was Dutch after reading some of your initial posts. Your English language skill is amazing and my reaction to comment was born from something that I need to understand further.

Hopefully over time on my journey I will understand.

Sincerely,

jim

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Dude ! :) Don't worry, when you see emoticons next to my text they are there to indicate how the comments are meant, and I was just joking, really !
    I have read several of your posts, and am happy with your dedication to the forum, you are a real benefit to us here !

And btw, it is hard to hurt me, since by default I always try to read people's posts like they have the best intentions, and guess what, they do :) !

So, please don't think there is anything bad going on between us, I was just a bit frisky ( did he really say frisky ? ) when I made that post. :eek:

14. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Your written English is a lot better than that of my Dutch ex partner Edwin!! If I could write a fraction as well in Dutch, I would be pretty proud of myself!! Hi Lightlizard, I am a recent newbie too, still on level 10 atm, but definitely feeling the benefits. I have tried unsuccessfully to meditate for years, on and off, and Lifeflow is the first method that has allowed me to finally quiet my always overactive mind, combined with having read Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now' which impressed the importance of not becoming a prisoner of your thoughts, especially those which dwell in the past, and in the future.

Heather