1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello from a newby :0)

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Schism, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Schism

Schism Member

I bought the LifeFlow downloads four days ago and I'm keen to get onto this forum to hear about everyone's experiences. This is my second time using brain entrainment. The first was a number of years back when trying Equisync. I had significant positive results in the short time I used it, managed to get sidetracked in life and then fell off the bandwagon. This time I'm sticking with it because the results I'd say will be very fruitful down the track.

A very quick background about me. Have suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life, an especially long time without treatment. I became quite dependent on recreational use of speed, ecstacy, alcohol, marijuana and occasionally cocaine which severely worsened my untreated anxiety sending me into a nervous breakdown and severe depression. My recovery then began, a long road, trying many different treatments, both western and alternative eventually taking medication. Getting myself to a point where I could achieve goals, being a massage therapist and then joining the police force just over one year ago.

I have always battled in silence with my achievements. Pure effort and determination is what has got me there in the end. I'm 33 and I have been taking Aropax anti-depressants, as well as a few others in the past 8 years. I believe meds work for a little while however don't always solve the underlying problems, especially when greater life challenges arise.

I am very tired of struggling with social anxiety mixed with depression and a very low self esteem. I have been meditating on and off for 8 or more years, the last 3 doing kelee meditation in which I've made leaps and bounds letting go of old emotional traumas, however I have only scratched the surface. I had gotten to a point with regular meditation where I just couldn't go deep enough to release deeply set emotions and compartments.

I get the feeling I may make leaps and bounds with the Life Flow program.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and hearing your stories and your experiences.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Schism and welcome to the Project Meditation Community,

I look forward to seeing you around on the discussions.

And thank you for your introduction. It's good to know a bit about the people we're talking to.

Hugs

Giles

3. Schism

Schism Member

Hi Giles,
    thank you for the welcome. It'll be great to have time to read some of the discussions on here, few days off work from tomorrow should do it!

I listened to the creative flow cd at the gym before work this morning. I thought I might combine it with exercise occasionally alongside using the cd's to meditate.

How long have you been using Life flow?

E

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Schism,

Welcome, enjoy your stay. :)

I just thought social anxiety, general anxiety and joining the police force? I could say ironically that fits the profile of an officer LOL but to be serious, thats quite brave.

Looking forward to hear from your experiences,
    Atb Phil