1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Uncle Albert, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert Member

Hello people my real name is Mitch i was recommended to this site by a friend. I suffer from severe ADHD and OCD and i was wondering what are the benefits of meditation and Lifeflow in regards to treating it or managing it effectively.

I'm still a beginner at this stuff and need advice and tips thanks.:)

2. Space Fox Now With Lasers

Space Fox Now With Lasers Member

Hey

Hey Mitch. I'm Fox, and I was on Ritalin and Prozac through many of my formative years, so I know what it's like to suffer from ADHD and depression. (I'm not really overly OCD though) I can still feel the long term effects of those drugs even though I've been off of them for years.

The main reason I purchased LF was to try and repair the damage that I believe those drugs did to my brain. In 6th grade I had an IQ of 155 and had been considered a child genius since I started school. Today, my IQ is 135. Not bad but I still have so much brain fog from years of prescription drug use.

I was thankfully able to get off of both drugs through diet and exercise, but my brain still feels slow. My goal with LF is to get my old brain back. And I believe it's possible through the research I've done. I am also using Lumosity to speed up the ol' skull-meat. Lumosity and LF go GREAT together!

Maybe we can keep in touch and help each other out. Good luck.

3. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert Member

Thanks for the advice Starfox ill think ill try lumosity out as well :).

4. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert Member

Hmmm i never knew the long term damage of prescription drugs i take Concerta for my ADHD if its as bad as you say it is i might consider quitting it.

5. Space Fox Now With Lasers

Concerta

Haha. I lol'd when you called me Starfox^^ Nice 'stache, btw. Is that you in the picture?

Well, I'm not entirely familiar with Concerta. However, I believe that ADHD drugs are worse for kids than they are for adults. As a recreational drug user, I can say that Ritalin is definitely just as powerful as small doses of speed or cocaine. I have done pretty much every drug you can name with a few exceptions, but the years I spent taking Ritalin is still my deepest regret. It's a schedule 1 drug. That's why it has a street value of $5 for a 20mg pill.

Good luck with your decision.

6. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert Member

Nope that's Paul Mccartney i'm a Beatles fan ha ha... What's a schedule one drug by the way?

7. Space Fox Now With Lasers

my mistake

My bad. It's actually classified as a schedule 2 drug. This is the same classification as meth and cocaine. 1 is the most dangerous and 5 is the least dangerous.