1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by syed21188, Aug 28, 2013.

1. syed21188

syed21188 Member

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a experience doing meditation today. I was meditating and I felt like I was very small in my own body. It felt that my body was sooo heavy and large and I was very tiny. Then I felt like I could almost move around in my own body.

What is this? Can anyone help me out.

Thank-you and any help or comment would be appreciated.

Ahmed

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

When we meditate we can experience all sorts of visual, mental, emotional, physical or even spiritual sensations.
    However the point of meditation is to just accept these things and let them pass, bringing ourselves back to the focus of meditation, rather than letting these things distract us (of course if you're physically uncomfortable, then adjust yourself so that you regain comfort).

Lots of people try and interpret what they experience during meditation, and seek others to explain these things. Personally I just see these as different sensations; other people may read something into them based on their own beliefs or understandings; but if you want to try and understand them then you will have to ask yourself what they mean to you. ;)

Hugs

Giles

3. syed21188

syed21188 Member

Hello GilesC,

I appreciate your answer to my question. But I was wondering is there any way to tell by experience or sensations how close someone could be to say samadhi?

Ahmed

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

When you experience samadhi, you'll just know it because you become it. It's not related to physical, emotional, or mental sensations.

Reaching Samadhi is not something that can be described in words, it's something you just Know when you experience it.

Hugs

Giles