1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello, everyone! =)

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Shrimpantsy, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Shrimpantsy

Shrimpantsy Member

I'll keep this somewhat short, as I'm unsure if this forum is for me.

I'm a 22 year old man from Norway, who has suffered from depression and OCD-tendencies for quite some time now. I've had an interest in meditation for years, but have always been better at dreaming than acting. I figured the summer was a as good a time as any to finally get serious about meditation, and perhaps as importantly, learn to follow through on projects.

I am not a spiritual guy, and while I admire a lot of the thoughts in Budhism, I do not yearn for anything beyond what I can observe. I CAN observe the pleasant effects of meditation, and I guess that's why I am here.

I am hoping that being part of a community will give me the extra push I need to finally integrate meditation in my everyday life. I also bet you guys have a lot of tips to help me through potential obstacles on my road to bliss:p

Is there room for an agnostic, currently uninterested in merchandise, on this forum?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Shrimpantsy and welcome to the community :)

of course there's room for you here. There's a wealth of knowledge here so please feel free to look around and treat it like a smorgasbord - take what is useful to you and leave behind what doesn't fit in with your own perspectives.

Wishing you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

From one agnostic/atheist to another.... of course there is. :)

Meditation doesn't require a belief system, though some people do like to tie it in with their own, but that's their choice.

As for the merchandise... well, you can download the "Discover Meditation" course for free, and you can get the demo of Lifeflow for free too (though you'll get some emails encouraging you to purchase - as I'm sure you're aware). Discover Meditation is a great way to learn meditation and have something to guide you in the early stages. The Lifeflow demo you can add on when you're ready (and as it doesn't have any marketing or anything in the demo you can just put it on repeat for as long as you are choosing to meditate). The good thing about Project Meditation is that there isn't really any hard selling, and you're never committed to anything if you don't want to be, as the admin are often offering deals or discounts, or sometimes just giving things away for free. They seem more interested in people helping each other learn to meditate and share experiences than just pushing products... at least that's my experience.

Hugs

Giles

4. Shrimpantsy

Shrimpantsy Member

Thanks, pollyana. Nothing like a little Scandinavian glossary to make a Norwegian feel at home=)

Thanks to you as well, Giles. I actually wasn't aware of the free course. Seems you have answered my first question before I got to ask it: Where to start?

I'll see you both around, I hope!