1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello Everyone, How to overcome violence within yourself?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by OdinSon, Jun 14, 2013.

1. OdinSon

OdinSon New Member

Hi I'm new here, I'm wondering if any of you can give me some advise about how to deal with extremely violent impulses and how to actually control and sort of canalize them towards an easier path, Thanks!

2. Novus

Novus Member

Hi OdinSon

I'm speaking from my own experience and I am not telling anything like an ultimate truth.

I personally sometimes also do have very violent thoughts, mostly I'm imaging myself in fighting-scenes with other people. I have these thoughts since I can think. I guess my ego produces them to show me from time to time what I'm able to be like.
    First of all you have to understand that everyone has a "dark" side. It's part of every human being. Supressing or even denying it is in my opinion pretty dangerous, because then it's possible these thoughts burst out of you in some point in your life and you can't control them. So better live them out in fantasy. You don't have to feel guilty about it, it's ok.

It's also very important to understand that you are not bound to these thoughts! At any given moment you can decide to stop thinking about it and to move your attention either to other thoughts or completely shut them down for a while -> meditation. :)

Again for me the trick is to kinda go with it, not trying to mentally fight it. As soons as the "steam" is out I get into a neutral state, calming myself down and then I'm able to think about happy stuff again.

I hope this is helpful. Have a good time! ;)