1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello everybody

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by kimo, Sep 5, 2008.

1. kimo

kimo Member

Been a while since I've visited but here I am. Giving meditation a try again after going through some of the wierdest and scariest moments of my life that no doubt came from a big release of negativity that was backlogged in my system. I have a tendency to rush into things and my first try at meditation had me freaked out for a while but it's okay now. This time around I am taking it much slower and being careful not to do too much too soon. I am open to any help and insight that anyone has for me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

kimo,
    I, for one, can relate to how scary it can be getting to know what is going on within ones head.
    Please do respect yourself and take all the time you need to get comfortable with the process of letting go of all the accumulated trash (that's what I call it).

Following the specific instructions in Michaels free "Discover Meditation Course" can help too.

Welcome aboard and please stay in touch. It can help you stay motivated.

Gus

3. kimo

kimo Member

Thanks

Thank you Gus for the info/insight. I thought I was alone in that experience. I will take a look at the Discovering Meditation so I can continue on this path safely. Thanks again and I will be in touch often.

Kimo

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Kimo, I have to say I think it is very brave that you decided to give meditation another go. Most people would simply say " No way, I am not doing that again " and you managed to get over that fear and give it another try !

I personally think that it might be wise to adress the biggest issues first through techniques like the Sedona Method and/or EFT.
    This will help you with the issues that scare you the most at the moment, and can give you enormous peace instantly.
    Meditation can be practiced always, if done correctly, but if you feel overwhelmed again by a powerfull emotion or memory, try Sedona and/or EFT again.

Both meditation and the other techniques I described are all about release, and as scary as this might be, you will be a reborn person when you succeed !

Please keep us posted, we are more than willing to help wherever needed.

Links:
    The Power of Letting Go - A Sample of How the Sedona Method Works
    EFT Provides Impressive Health and Emotional Freedom--New Discovery Often Works Where Nothing Else ( register for free to get a basic course as a .PDF )

the techniques seem a bit "new age" but they work none the less !

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin,
    I checked out both links. Interesting stuff; for sure.
    Gus

6. kimo

kimo Member

Hey Edwin,

Thanks for the info. I will be taking a look at the different programs that you suggested. As far as the meditation goes even though I went through the bad experience it's as if I have to try again almost as if I can't not try again. Is that considered "normal" or what? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Kimo

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

It's that "still small voice" within; beckoning you to continue beyond the fear and the unknown. There is a part of you that remembers the peace beyond it. I'd say that is pretty normal.

Blessings,
    Gus

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

What Gus said :)

As long as you start slowly, you can overcome the biggest problems through meditation.
    You might even want to use meditation to bring up the unresolved issues, and if through meditation you can't let it go, try EFT or Sedona method to let it go.

You will have to get used to a lot of busy thoughts popping up during meditation I'm afraid, this is a vital part of the meditation/healing process.
    Like most people, I misunderstood the process of meditation in the beginning.

I thought the goal of meditation was to concentrate on the mantra up to a point where your mind was completely free of thoughts.
    Later I found out that this is almost impossible, even for experienced meditators, it's like the Olympic medal for meditation ;)
    I found out that there is no goal to meditation, meditation is the goal.
    This sounds a bit weird, but it's true !
    The thoughts that pop up that I wanted to suppress with my mantra kept coming back, because I pushed them away again and again.

This is a very tiresome way of meditation, and a very unsuccessfull one, as there is no improvement.
    The idea is to take a step back and try to observe your thoughts and emotions from a distance. This way you won't get sucked into a daydream, but you can see it come, you accept it, and you can let it go as the next thought comes up. If you practice mantra meditation, the easyest way is to simply say the mantra once as soon as you realise you are daydreaming.
    Don't beat yourself up when you are daydreaming, in time you will learn to not respond to the thoughts that come up, but to simply let them pass.
    Michael uses the analogy of thoughts drifting by as clouds in the sky, if you don't respond to the thoughts, they will simply come and go like clouds.

I wish you great meditation sessions, and may you reach your inner calm as soon as possible :)

9. Angel95

Angel95 Member

Edwin Thank you...

Hi Edwin,

I just wanted to say that I am currently on LF7 and after reading your message about The Sedona Method and EFT, I decided to read up on both of them. Thank you so much, as through both these methods, I have had amazing results which I have not been able to do through just meditating. I have been meditating now for just over 5 years and earlier this year I stumbled upon LF which has made vast improvements in my life. When I was only meditating prior to finding LF, I kept coming across blocks in my life which I could just not release, but having worked with the Sedona and EFT method now, I have really started to get rid of the blocks that stopped me from really enjoying my meditation and the little chatter inside my head has disappeared. My intuition has become stronger and its interesting to see how much progress I have gained from LF.

I just want to say thank you to Michael, yourself and everyone else who makes this forum happen. I am so pleased LF made its way into my life as there are so many wonderful people on this forum who share their knowledge and experience in helping us all to build a happier life. Thank you for sharing and keep passing on the experience and knowledge.

Namaste
    Angel95:)
    xxxx

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

:) Thanks !

I am glad I was able to help !
    LF7 is amazing isn't it ?