1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello and a very warm welcome!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Michael Mackenzie, Dec 13, 2007.

1. pjbjdr

pjbjdr New Member

:DHi, thanks for the welcome. I'll be back after I read some more on here.

2. BS

BS Member

hi

hi, im new to all this, as in chatting in the forum. I started meditating last year for the first time, this was to bring inner peace into my life, however once i started to feel more at peace it soon wore off. My meditating went from once a day to every other, then to once a week, and now not at all.

I want to get re-focused and wanted to know if i needed to start right back at the begining again or if i could continue where i left off. i am on life 7 at the moment.

your help please??

3. kathryndexter

kathryndexter Member

i expected to be pleasantly entertained, maybe mildly stirred, but after my 2nd session i was completely shocked... turned upside down and shaken out... now on day 3 and i cant wait for all the surprises around every corner... honestly this is the best thing ive done for myself (dare i say) EVER... thank you, thank you, thank you

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm very happy for you Kathryn and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there BS, you'll probably gain more by beginning with LF10 again and trust me you won't miss out. I'll post some links to a few interesting threads you may find helpful tomorrow - until then, I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

6. yion

yion Member

Hi there all,

I am very new to this. Well not to meditation but to writing messages in a community. Feels a bit strange. I only just started with the Discover Meditation CDs (finished CD3 today). I don't really want to rush it because it is very enjoyable. I have been exposed to meditation since I was quite young (a long, long time ago) but I can't say I was ever serious about it. I actually got here after trying the sample LifeFlow track. Right now I am just really enjoying the meditation lessons without the LifeFlow track. I think I will let myself savor on its own for a while. I still listen to the sample track before I got to sleep. It is very relaxing.

But before this message gets too long, I do want to thank Michael for the course. It is a very, very generous offering and I won't fail to remember it in my gratitude sessions (those are really amazing and I have done such things before so making an extra note of it means something). Thanks again Michael, I hope you can feel all the gratitude when you connect to the greater whole during meditation.

Thanks also to all the supporter and those cheering us newcomers on. I look forward to enriching exchanges with you all.

regards,
    yi

7. aleka

aleka Member

Hello

I just joined yesterday and this is my first time using meditation. I hope I can do this right.

Aleka

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Aleka and welcome to the community. I think you'll find through listening to Michael on Discover Meditation it's really quite simple. Enjoy and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

9. rjc

rjc Member

Thank you for the wonderful journey in meditation! I look forward to enjoying every step.

10. sstephan

sstephan New Member

Hello Everyone!

Greetings, My name is Sara and I just joined. I have been reading threads and I feel happy to be here. I am relatively new to meditation, but I have been in the process of examining my life for quite a while. I hope it never ends. Meditation and quiet reflection has brought me to a new place in my own understanding of myself and life. I only know I have so much more to learn and discover. I'm glad to find this community so dedicated to education in well-being. I hope to be able to contribute in some way. Thank you for your welcome!

11. Madhav

Madhav New Member

Hello Project Meditation team

:) I have an interest in meditation since about 12 years (1998) but I found the correct forum only in your site. I have found the "life flow" very effective.

12. Healing Star

Healing Star New Member

Hello and thank you!

I have been having the worst time meditating. I have tried different techniques and tones to help me meditate with no success. I can't wait to get started and hope for many success stories from me.

Healing Star

13. JJ7

JJ7 Member

The world of meditation

Hi Michael

I am new and have only meditated 6 times in my life
    and that is with help from you and this amazing site.
    I look very much forward to experience the world of meditation

I am very grateful for getting this chance and all for free, which
    is the reason why I have opportunity to do so.

Thankyou peace and love

JJ7

14. takis45

takis45 New Member

hi

your site is super nice work.you help me to med and all of your wisdom is welcome to me.thanks

15. Vienna

Vienna New Member

Hello, Back to You

Hello Michael, and thanks for the welcome. I think your site is excellent, and I hope to learn from you and all here. I'm an intermediate Zen meditator - few and far between in the Rocky Mountains of Montana - and no doubt will find your materials on meditation of great help. As I progress, I hope to help others as well.

Many Thanks!
    Vienna

16. marudelatorre

marudelatorre Member

Thanks

I really want to thank you for all the emails you`v sent to me.
    I`m here participating in your comunity thanks to you.
    I`ve enjoyed the free sample and the midnight express MP3 you`ve sent to me ;)
    God bless you!

17. jimbob007

jimbob007 Member

Hi
    I am new to the site and pretty new to meditation.

I have not applied the use of a mantra before. i wonder if you could advise me so that I might work most effectively. I have tried using Hay-ram as my mantra and unlike the demonstration which suggests you say it to yourself fairly quickly, I have found myself saying a prolonged Hay to the inspiration and then a prolonged ram to accompany expiration. In early stages I have found it tricky to concentrate on the breath and the mantra and do otherwise?

Many thanks
    John

18. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi John,

See if you can just focus on the mantra and let the breath just do what it does naturally.

;)

Hugs

Giles

19. lilybaby1

lilybaby1 Member

I am new so excuse any mistakes- thanks Michael

I am enjoying my new experience, I am already feeling less stressed and O b
    boy what a relief. deep breathing definitely is part of that. Lilybaby1 It is sure going to take sometime to figure out what all the signs are.

20. milenaBELLI

milenaBELLI New Member

tanks graces over you

hi, I am Milena
    first time in this forum,
    first time that I have Meditation
    I hope all the best for you and the others
    Easy Sarva
    Milena