1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Hello all.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by zeriva, Dec 22, 2008.

1. zeriva

zeriva Member

My name is Dominique.

I am an psychologist, or at least I hope I can be considered so.
    I have been reading some of the introductions, I find so much pain and distress that I like to suggest a great tool for people who are suffering and need an immediate help, it is called EFT " Emotional Freedom Techniques"
    I am using EFT with my patients with extraordinary results. You can learn the all routine in 15 minutes and it is free!

Here is the link: EFT Home - World Center for EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
    Also for people who are using LifeFlow EFT is precious to help relax the body and de-stress the mind quickly when you need to.

For 18 years now I meditate with joy. Even though I suggest to patients they meditate it wasn't till I hit a brick-wall of professional burn-out I started learning meditation. I can now deal with other people's suffering without it tearing me apart and yet I am more caring and focused in what I do as well.

I have used Holosync for the last 6 months , but Harris is too pushy for me, so I am trying LifeFlow. What a difference in such a short space of time!
    Sorry for my English, but I am French, nobody is perfect!

2. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Hi Dominique :) I'm new here too, but wanted to welcome you to a site where you will find some of the nicest, most intelligent and freaky people you'll ever meet who aren't lock up in a phyche ward ...yet :) :p ;).....speaking personally of course :p

You mentioned Harris, is that Bill Harris you speak of by any chance?

A x

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Dominique,
    Welcome to the forum. I have a brother-in-law that is a psycholigist. He talks about the high burnout rate in his field. He finally was able to council part time and teach part time. That is how he copes. You'll love LifeFlow and the forum! I have looked at EFT; maybe not hard enough though. The Sedona Method is similar I understand but out of my reach right now as far as price.
    Don't worry Dominique, there are no perfect people here; you're in good company.

gus

4. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Dominique, EFT totally rocks! I've gotten instant results for specific, acute stuff with EFT, and also partial freedom from some on-going stuff (anger, etc.). I'm hoping that the combo of EFT and LifeFlow turns that partial freedom into total--or near total. I learned EFT from a sister who used it to make her life tolerable again after a severe back injury and debilitating pain. It's amazing to me that the material is available free on the website.

RE: Bill Harris and Holosync, I'm a former Holosync user and that guy really knows how to market his products, his friends' products, his friends' dog's products, etc. I used Holosync for just over a year and other than being overwhelmed by the tsunami of sales pitches, have absolutely nothing bad to say about it, especially since it led me to LifeFlow...faster results for way less investment.

5. zeriva

zeriva Member

YES, YES YES EFT totally rocks! and it is FREEEEEEEE, every body should have EFT in their tool box!

6. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Hi WeeHoo

I never got the chance try Holosync...simply because I was totally put off by Bill Harris's marketing methods. Pushy wasn't the word Dominque and WeeHoo!! the last email I received from him stated in the Subject Title "Can you be bribed?" further on in the email I was told I wasn't to tell anyone he'd make apparant 'concessions' for me just because I hadn't bought anything from him yet!!!! :mad: I was so angry to be sent an email like that! I instantly replied with "Indeed I cannot, don't contact me again!" adding "Let me ask you a question....How can you sleep at night knowing what you know and then thinking of your Karma?" then unsubscribed from his marketing material. I'm sorry Mr Harris but you chose the wrong person to try and 'bribe'. I'm not as vunerable as I used to be and am getting stronger everyday and you helped me see that. Cheers Mate! :) :)

Please don't get me wrong, I can keep secrets, but this is manipulation of people, some in desperate need, which I can't abide.

I then found Michael and Project Meditation :):):) and I will eternally thank the Powers that Be for directing me to this site. :cool: I have never felt so welcome and accepted just for being me in such a short space of time. Thanks guys and girlies :)

Thanks for the heads up on EFT Dominque - I'll check it out xx

Peace

A x

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  7. Scott_11:11

Scott_11:11 Member

Ha. I do find that amusing Anni because I could be bribed. I was sitting on the fence about Holosync until that point. I knew I wanted to try it, but I was waiting to justify the money. But when he sent that "bribe" email, I joined because, very simply, I got a bunch of free stuff. If I was going to order the first level anyways, I might as well get the most for my money. So I got a free autofonix CD, a seminar on CD and Bill's book, which is pretty good regardless of which BWE program you're using.

So I do find it interesting that you got that letter and was offended by it. I got the letter and saw it as a sweetening of the pot. I recently sent my Holosync back just because I decided it wasn't doing what I wanted, but I got to keep all my freebies. So it worked out well for me.

Ya Bill Harris is quite a marketer, but what he's selling isn't a very ordinary product. It's a very small percentage of the population that would take a chance on something like Holosync or LifeFlow. So before you can show people how well it works, you have to get them to buy in first. I do believe these programs work, but what they can do for you doesn't mean anything if you can't get people over the hump of their suspicions.

I did find it somewhat annoying that he was always pushing someone else's product on me. But I can step back and see it differently as well. If you had cancer, wouldn't you want to know about every possible cure from all different researchers? So here's a bunch of different authors and experts with their different products. I'm sure they all work for some and maybe not for others. It's up to us to decide whether they are worthwhile. All Harris does is put it out there and allow people to make the choice. And if he can bring a few more people to his product and make his living while helping people change their lives, I don't see any scandal in that.

Hope that wasn't too preachy :p . I just found it interesting that people get so riled over him. Clever little pain body.

Be Well

8. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Thanks for your reply Scott and I'm glad I was able to put a smile on your face sweeti :p ;) Granted I don't know enough about the benefits, as my suspicious mind (or intuition) didn't want to investigate the method thru Mr Harris due 'only' to his marketing techniques, what I find ironically funny but also ' very interesting' is on this thread alone there are 3 EX-holosync users who are now on the same site looking for more than Mr Harris' product could offer them, but one that my 'instinct' lead me to without spending a penny......yet

Enjoy your freebies :)

No offence intended Scott, or anyone who has tried this method, but I simply don't have the finances or the time to try an abundance of different methods, especially if they're not what I need to help me at this time in my life. So I need to be 'absolutely' sure that I get it right, first time. I hope you understand.

Peace and love sweetstuff

A x

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  9. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Scott, I'm in agreement...the hyper-marketing of Holosync never offended me; I'm a former marketing writer and so just watched all their stuff land in my inbox with a sense of awe at how persistent they are, and how they really know how to use every direct mail marketing tactic I've ever heard of, and a few others besides. And as I said, I have nothing bad to say about Holosync.

I'm doing a series of online courses with Bill Harris right now, and that guy really knows how to teach. He's clearly done a huge amount of study of meditation, religious systems, methods of viewing the world...he's incredibly well-educated about how our brains work and perceive the world around us, and what that means for how we live.

As far as the meditation CDs go, though, I've just got this gut feeling that things are moving faster now that I'm using LifeForce, and I'm grateful for that.

10. Scott_11:11

Precisely. I have nothing particularly bad to say about Holosync. It certainly works for many people. I decided that I didn't want to pay thousands of dollars and wait ten years to get to the end. I'm hoping LifeFlow is a quicker more efficient path. As far as the marketing, I must have checked a box somewhere because at a certain point I stopped getting the emails and rarely got the mail. I always knew he was trying to sell me something. I could see the structure of the letters. It was all very transparent. He is selling a product that works, to varying degrees. It'd be different if all the marketing was used to push a product that didn't work.

11. zeriva

zeriva Member

There’s no doubt Bill Harris is a heck of a marketer.. I’m just not the right audience I guess!

12. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Happy Place Alert....

Chill Guys Please. :confused:

As you may have noticed I am quite a direct, open and honest individual..:p and was just giving my opinion based on my experience. When I found this site and reading through the threads I noticed that everyone was allowed to express they're opinions leading to a healthy and positive way to help release pent up emotions that hinder us in our daily lives. Mines is suppressed anger...obviously ;) and debiliting restrictions put on us by feeling unable to express our views constructively albeit in my case passionately which can be misconstrued as aggression or overly defensive. If you notice in my last thread I edited it because I knew I had to apologise to Scott and my immedate response was said in haste due to the fact that I felt some of your wordings were trying to mock me directly and a defensive reply ensued...I don't want to fight :(

I still believe I made the right decision to move on from Bill Harris' product for a few reasons (as I've already said in my previous edited post Financially (Which is one of the reasons you said Scott why you didn't want to pursue Holosync any further. Timescale (another reason for Scott and for you WeeHoo as I understand)...correct me if I'm wrong....and I'm sure you both will, with no problems :p which is GOOD. It means we are all getting stronger...by whatever means necessary to each individual.;). I haven't and never would say anything bad about Holosync, How can I? I've never tried it..! If it works for people I say GREAT! :) I'm truly happy for you. But all I'm saying is...ok let me put it in a different way....Imagine how much more money Mr Bill Harris could get if he toned his marketing onslaught down a bit....how many more people could he help/reach or how many loyal and grateful customers he would have?

I just believe Project Meditation has the right balance as far as I can see just now. They have a good product to sell (by the way I tried the LF trial ...Wow :) - as a wee side line...Can it help with backache? It's just I've tried it twice and on both occassions my back's been killing me, but afterwards, I swear the pain was gone!! :eek:) until the next day :) sorry I diegress...Project Meditation has a good product, good support system, good marketing system, and excellent price....plus a try before you buy system. They allow you to choose when your ready, they're not bombarding you with Buy Me Buy Now emails which I personally as a potential customer respond better to, I imagine there are a few others out there like me...or at least I hope so..:( because when I feel under pressure to buy something I make lousy choices and end up regretting my purchase and have to begin my search again to find what I truly need or want. I just need time these days to mull over the possiblities until I feel I've made the right choice for me. Which is another milestone for me.. I don't have the priviledge anymore to take too many chances anymore and need to focus on what I need, seek it out and get the right help at the right price.

But where I find beauty in a forum like this is there is genuine friendships, openness, honesty, love, peace and harmony, no pressure, acceptance and if anyone is not quite there yet...there is always someone who is a little further on their path who is able to offer their hand virtually speaking and give the support necessary to help you carry on your own, and even if you don't have someone's support you can always use meditation to take you to your own happy place to find your center again :) thank you Mr Michael McKenzie ;)

By the way I did a wee bit investigation into ETF...but I'll keep my findings to myself...:) only jesting... Peace.

God Bless Guys Merry Christmas :) and I hope that all your heart-felt wishes come true in 2009.

A x

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  13. Scott_11:11

I am sorry if I left an impression that I was attacking. I certainly wasn't. I tried to be careful with my wording and even threw a few smileys in there to keep it light. I was merely having a discussion. I'll leave it there. Be well.

14. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Annie, Scott, WeeHoo - just a quick note to say that I don't respond well to hard sales pitches either. We're all different which makes life so interesting! :):):)

15. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Yes!!!!! I knew there had to be one....joking case closed ;) :) Merry Christmas one 'n all!! :p Thanks very much to you both :) Just preparing a very special and loving meal for my boys tommorrow as we speak or rather type....with a small tipple I might add.. :) Best Wishes to everyone. Hope all our dreams come true..! :eek:

Peace

A x

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008