1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Heart Palpitations

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by JCG, Aug 15, 2010.

1. JCG

JCG Member

Ever since I had my one and only panic attack in november last year, I have had nearly constant heart palpitations everyday. Doctors have ruled out anything serious through various tests. They don't know whats going on.

It's becoming hard to deal with now. Not knowing the cause drives me mad, if I knew the cause I work on it. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable in my own body which makes living in the present pretty hard.

I realise this has nothing to do with meditation but im hoping someone on here might be able to help me out.

Thanks

2. Midnight

Midnight Member

Have you been practicing meditation at all?

All negativity arises from resistance to what is. While it may be difficult to accept the fact you don't know what might be causing your heart palpitations (and while i'm no doctor, I would guess it is coming from stress) your resistance doesn't help you very much.

Learn to accept everything as it is. If you cannot solve the problem at the present moment, there is no need to worry about it. I myself am becoming better at letting go, and I can tell you from experience that I used to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, but none of it was necessary at all.

Learn to accept the fact you have this condition. It is impermanent and you will get passed it. :)

I feel you may benefit from reading a book called Many Lives, Many Masters. It tremendously removed my fear of death, which turns out to be the root of many fears. Just a suggestion.

3. Grey

Grey Member

4. JCG

JCG Member

Thanks so much for the replies.

Whilst there is no doubt stress and anxiety makes it worse, this increased heart rate is nearly 24/7. It's not ridiculously fast but enough for me to notice.

As I have already mentioned I have seen doctors and had various tests all no avail. At the moment I think it could be an adrenal problem as it was a panic attack that initially set them off.

I have not yet begun to meditate, I think its time.

Peace

5. jada

jada Member

i m in the same situation my friend, i wake up every morning with the feel of vomiting, (im a man btw) its been more than 2 months now. i ve been to several doctors, no one knows exactly whats the problem, the more i was thinking about the more anxious i was feeling, stop thinking about it , i know its difficault, but it helps at least to not feel anxious of not knowing what you have. am also reading The Power of Now , its helping me understand a lot of things...

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Still, its not the intelectual understanding that will help you. Its the application of this knowledge :p

So sit down for a minute, and be with your fears. If you dont feel able to do that, try it with a psychotherapist. If that still doesnt work, you will at least know what to do, when you´re ready for it :)

Atb,
    Pan

7. Liana2

Liana2 Member

Hello,

I am reading this and I hope I can help a little bit. Maybe you having a short of magnesium, this is a important mineral !

WaterCure | The Miracles of Water to Cure Diseases
    And take a look at this, the body needs WATER...and SALT.

Love,
    Liana

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

After some research, I found out that the Zechstein ocean is also situated underneath the Netherlands, and in Veendam there allready is a facility that harvests this ancient source of magnesium.

Informatie

It is the same pure magnesiumsalts bed that Ta-tsu-wa is talking about, and the website has an online webshop for convenience. :cool:

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Do you take this magnesium Edwin? And if so, did you feel any difference?

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

After discussing it with my wife we decided to give it a try.
    I am ordering it today, and I will let you know the results :)

If you want I would be happy to send you a sample !

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Im curious about how it will effect you both. I´ve often read that such a deficit can cause troubles, but im unsure about a "global" effect, so that a single vitamin or mineral can be a cure for the mass.

Nevertheless, im curious about your results :)

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Me too !

However,

I trust Ta-tsu-wa 120% when it comes to claims like this.
    If it would have come from someone I didn't know as well I might have been sceptical, but not with this guy ;).

14. Liana2

Liana2 Member

Very good Edwin!

I am curious to haha

Ik heb de website opgeslagen van de magnesium olie. Ik lees later ook even!

Thank you)

Liana

15. Liana2

Liana2 Member

16. jada

jada Member

i ve been taking magnesium orotate for week, and i m seeing a lot of progress, i think its helping :D i have more control on my emotions, also feel more relaxed

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

Jup i´ve read those suggestions from Ta-tsu-wa back then, and ordered this magnesium. I tried it with a pump spray a few days, but unfortunately it didnt help much. Maybe i should try it again :)

Yes, i would entrust Ta-tsu-wa my life too!

Hi Liane, seems like i missed your introduction post!

18. Midnight

Midnight Member

I've been reading about magnesium too, and I think it would be interesting to try out. But it looks really expensive...

19. jada

jada Member

i buy magnesium oretate tablets, 500mg, i take one a day, it cost about 10 euros...not that expensive

20. Edwin

Edwin Member

From what I understand from Ta-tsu-wa magnesium will be absorbed in the body far more effectively by the skin than by the digestive system.