1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Head and eyes becomes very heavy while meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by amit.sharma623, Jun 20, 2011.

1. amit.sharma623

amit.sharma623 New Member

Hi All,

I am relatively new to meditation, I have been doing mindfulness of breathing for past 3 months but for some few weeks when I am in meditation session after few minutes the area of forehead and eyes become very heavy and I feel a force is pulling that area. Please give any suggestions about it, is it normal to feel heaviness or something is wrong in my meditation, I always keep my mind-body relax in session.

Please share some experience and advice on this issue.

Regards
    Amit

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi amit and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

There are many possible reasons why this could be. A simple reason is rolling the eyes upwards inside the head when meditating, causing a strain on the eye muscles, simply by trying too hard to meditate. I'm sure others will come along with different possibilities.

Hugs

Giles

3. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Uh, this may not sound very scientific or analytical, but I'd suggest you just keep meditating, getting deeper and deeper, and this problem will resolve itself.

In my own experience, I often have physical "issues" during meditation. Last week, for instance, I felt my head was being pulled strongly to the left. I resisted for a while, then just let it go. Because I was deeply "under", I had no real idea if my physical head was indeed moving left; but it certainly felt that way. Then, inexplicably, the exact same thing happened on the right side.

I let that one go, too...and the problem suddenly dissolved, resolved, or whatever. It just went away, and hasn't returned.

For some reason, meditation causes a lot of weird physical sensations. I think it's quite normal to be concerned about them. But, if you just keep your focus and don't worry, it seems that 99% of them simply evaporate, in time.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator