1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Having difficulty with new awareness

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by TheRisingOne, Dec 4, 2010.

1. veggietovegan

veggietovegan Member

Meditation, as I heard, has some "dangers." Now these are not really "dangers" in the sense that you will lose your life or something, but you will become alert, ancient memories awaken, and sometimes you may not know how to deal with it. That's why it is always better to meditate in groups or meditate under the guidance of a teacher.

2. Tansy

Tansy Member

Thanks so much everyone for your replies, the support here is so helpful, even just having the opportunity to write things down is really therapeutic.

Looking back at what I wrote I can see that 2 months really is no time at all to be expecting dramatic results especially after a lifetime of developing poor thinking habits. In fact 'expecting' results at all is clearly the wrong thing to do! It all makes complete sense intellectually but it's such a big mind shift that I imagine it takes some time to really start 'feeling' a new and more positive perspective - I do at least see that it is possible though :)

Meditation rather than medication is definitely the best way forward for me right now and am looking forward to my Sedona Method book arriving next week (thanks for the recommendation!).

Wishing you all a joyful 2011

xxx

3. givethanks

givethanks Member

To me- Meditation is a state of self-awareness. when one becomes aware, they truly begin to listen to there inner self. You never noticed before because you where keeping busy trying to control the flow of your life. then one day, suddenly you are smacked by the proverbial backhand of this isn't working for me anymore. Somethings wrong. for no reason at all you feel lethargic. apathy rules you. you feel like all the effort you put into being somebody has put you the farthest away from yourself. You begin to feel things you never noticed. you have to start owning up to all the things you have kept hidden and deep with in you.

to the lone practitioner, this will be a scary time. meditation will bring up alot of feelings. Based on what you have been told all your life, these feelings will often be interpreted as negative. If meditation could ever be considered dangerous, it is to those who use it, but lack a spiritual awakening. Without guidance, patients, and a thirst for the spiritual truth, you won't make it. Until i understood what that love and hate are two sides of the same coin, i was completely lost in my meditations.

begin a journey of spiritual awakening along with your meditations and you will truly be in for the time of your life. there are many resources out there that can really wake you up. some go travel to India, some hire gurus. I myself practice alone and rely on books and the internet. I was really shook to the core by The Book of Understanding, by osho. its only a beginning but i encourage you read it if you feel the inspiration to do so. another that truly spoke to me was eckheart tolle. he is a bit more gentle than osho ahahhaha.

Alas I wish you the best of luck. Its an amazing journey that is worth taking. Remember it only works if you do it. Meditation as a concept sounds nice but there is no benefit without practice.

P.S. The reason pre-mature awakening of kundalini is considered is because it opens up your cosmic conciseness, and any other beings on that level. Without fully understanding, often times the practitioner is brought to insanity and schizophrenia, no longer aware of what thoughts are his own, be playful in your practice, have positive intentions and ask for the protection and love of the universe.

In my opinion- maybe not yours.
    Cheers!