1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Has anyone had this experience?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by rykel, Feb 6, 2008.

1. rykel

rykel Member

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this experience while meditating.

I usually meditate on the bus on my way to work. And normally I would follow my breath in and out. At some point 5 to 10 mins into the meditation, sometimes I would reach this state where my conciousness enters this space where it is both very bright and very dark at the same time. The only way I can describe it is kinda like looking at a full eclipse and seeing the outline of the sun. In this state I also feel this overwhelming sensation of bliss. The interesting part of this is that whenever I've been able to reach this state, when I come out of the session, I always feel completely refreshed, calm and happy. Whereas if I don't get into this state but come close, I'm usually a little drowsy when I come out.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Anyone know what brainwave pattern is associated with this sort of experience? I'm thinking low theta because this state is usually just past the point where I would normally have free flowing images.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

R