1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Happy Birthday Edwin!

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Imed, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Imed

Imed Member

Hey Edwin, I just wanted to say happy birthday and thank you for everything that you have done so far for this community. I hope your birthday is great!

Love,
    Eric

2. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Happy Birthday old man!

Speaking of being an old man, 100 years ago you would have been reaching the end of your years by now. Life expectancy at birth in the United States in 1900 was 47 years. Wow! And people nowadays are pushing 120!!! More than twice the years!

I love being here and based on your posts I know you're glad to be here too.

Shine on,
    Joshua

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Well Happy Birthday Edwin;)

Gus

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanx guys :)

The morning started out great, my daughters sang for me, and they gave me self made drawings/artwork :)

I will be celebrating it officially coming sunday, so this morning was like a special extra treat !

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Wishing you a very happy birthday Edwin - may life simply keep getting better and better for you - I somehow think it will ;) I wish you an abundance of inner peace and joy :) :) :)

6. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Many Happy Returns Of The Day!

Had to chip in too! Happy Birthday Dude :D

Just finishing off your new group meditation forum.

PW ;)

Forgot to say: I need a picture so I can include your "Mod" status for members to see! Like my crazy monkey man thingy on the left.

[email protected]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  7. Edwin

Edwin Member

[​IMG]
    I always think that humor is the best way to stay humble.

This is me wearing one of my daughters sunglasses, will that work ? :p

8. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Nice Glasses

Perfecto! I will get my photoshop skills in gear! PW

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

LMAO !!

Oh boy nobody is going to take me serious now HAHAHA

10. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Happy Birthday

Edwin,
    I got to work this morning, and I logged on to the forum. In reading some of the recent posts, I noticed it was your birthday. Happy Birthday, my friend! I'm noticing that something strange and unexpected and wonderful is happening. Like you, and apparently like most of the rest of us who have been drawn to "Project Meditation," we all have similar stories of how we arrived here. For some of us it has been one extreme event that has served as a catalyst that impels us to search for a "different" way of being. For others, it has been a sense of dissatisfaction with the "old ways" of being and relating to one another.

We are coming from all walks of life and from all countries. Certain books, teachers, movies, etc. that have been lovingly placed in our paths and are serving as markers on trails into unknown and unexplored territory. Names and people I haven't met in person, yet--names like:
    -Imed
    -goodoljoshua
    -purplevibe
    -bashmaki
    -Edwin
    -Twinkletoes
    -pollyanna
    -Peaceful Warrior
    -Bhavya
    -etc., etc., etc.
    are in my awareness and are resonating in my heart.

I am grateful that Bhavya (I think) shared about Gregg Braden and his research into how there is a "divine matrix" (in my religious tradition, the word "God" works for me) that connects us all, AND that in ways mysterious and wonderful and beautiful, we are all truly connected to one another. I think the technology of the "worldwide web" is a "form" manifestation of "divine web" that connects us all.

When I pause, stand back, and get out of my head, I start to get a sense of this wonderful thing that is happening. Through only a few brief key strokes on my computer, I can reach out, and in a way, be in contact with you my friends. Because of each of our willingness to be vulnerable and share "some of our stories, we are no longer strangers, but are friends.

Edwin, thank you so much for the picture you shared and telling a little about your sweet daughters. I have never been to the Netherlands, or Europe, but I can imagine the joy you experience with your family. I can image the sights and sounds and smells of your home and country. I don't pretend to know how--however, my experiences with the internet give me an inkling--but I sense we are evolving spiritually to the moment when TIME, SPACE, and MOTION will no longer be seen as barriers but will be joyful "essences" in which we playfully romp. When our hearts remain true and bright and our intentions are focused, we in a moment can simply be with one another--and I don't mean theoretically, I mean in reality. We will choose to be with one another in person. I can imagine us walking side by side as you share with me some of your favorite haunts. And I see, you and I going for a nature walk along a beautiful mountain stream up the South Fork of Provo Canyon near to where I now live.

Geez, Edwin, and the rest of you who may read this, please forgive me for going on and on. I just want to say that each of you choosing to share and be present here means a lot to me and I wish us all peace, happiness, and happy journeying. Signing out for a bit. With love, --Keith aka "Montana Keith"

11. chris063

chris063 Member

Happy birthday Edwin!! Cool specs you look great in them!! :)

12. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Yes Chris, I agree. Nice pic. of Edwin.

The glasses are You Edwin ;)

Gus

13. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Edwin, I just was browsing through and realised I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! I hope it was a good one. :):)
    Wishing you the BEST!
    Bhavya

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanx for all the kind words guys, and yes the birthday was everything I hoped for

Not only did I get to spend time with friends and family, I also got "the power of Now", " A new Earth" and "the Quiet"

Got lots of reading to do :)

I am a bit busy so I can't be as much on the forums as I would like, but soon I will be back to moderate our new thread :)

15. Edward G.

Edward G. Member

I missed out on your birthday!
    For sure it was a good one!
    All the best, Edward

16. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

So good...

Hi all, Keith that was a wonderful piece of writing! Yes, I now see the worldwide web as a kind of divine web that links us all. We would not have access to any of this without it, sometimes when one is wandering in the wilderness it is good to be able to reach out and touch.

There does seem to be a wonderful thing happening at the moment, I feel it too, I have been a bit out of touch for a week in lots of ways, and it is great to re-connect, it has encouraged me do some spiritual reading, meditation and gratitude for what I have and where I am right at this moment in time. Today, I feel good, because I have done the work, but also because I read some enlightenment on this web-site, and now I have reached this thread I know why Edwin suddenly appeared in those glasses - it is heart-warming to know they are your daughter's glasses Edwin, and to hear your story about your daughters singing to you and giving you artwork. What more can a parent ask for? Aren't children wonderful, don't they teach us so much about how to see the world? I happily stomp about in puddles with my 6 year old and really enjoy life through his eyes, of course I can also show him stuff that I have learned, a few times now when he is having difficulty sleeping I have used a meditative relaxation technique on him that I learned a long time ago in yoga class, 'I relax my toes, I relax my toes, my toes are relaxed, I relax my calves, I relax my calves, my calves are relaxed, I relax my thighs...' and so on up to the head, by which time he is usually snoring and I feel really relaxed and at peace too! We have also managed to stop and take a few deep breaths when things are getting a little stressed! We can all teach our children the meditation techniques and knowledge we have, think how this can multiply. It's not just those with children, we can pass on the knowledge to friends and family and just by being at peace we can change things around us. sorry if I am going on a bit, I just feel very at peace today, after a bit of a roller-coaster ride, and it feels so G-O-O-D!

Yes, Keith we have all come to this through various routes, often similar, and I have found myself attracted to people recently who already know about Eckhart Tolle, the Law of Attraction etc. and others who really need something at the moment, as I explained to a friend the other day, she happened to need this stuff the same time as I did, luckily I had just stumbled across this web-site and some wonderful books and videos, we are all getting there and getting it, the peace, the awareness and the knowledge, and we CAN walk together, and even hold each other up at times, I know you all did that for me yesterday, whether you knew it or not! Thank goodness we can reach out and touch all over the world, and send out some light, love and peace to you all :eek:

17. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thank you

purplevibe (What a wonderful and interesting name. I wonder what the story is of how you came up with it.) Thank you so much for reading my post and for your kind and thoughtful comments. Your comments make a positive difference in my life. I wish you (and the other forum readers, and posters) peace and happy journeying. Take care. --Keith :)

18. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

Hi Keith, isn't it wonderful to be part of this forum, there is a lot of love going around!

To answer your question, I came up with Purplevibe as a username when I first accessed the site, it just came to me, but I have had a longtime 'thing' for purple, since I was a child. Purple/violet is the colour for the crown chakra (yogic), which governs spiritual awareness and connection with your higher self, I have meditated a lot with the chakras, using colour meditation, starting at the base, which is red and going up throught the chakras, their meaning and colours, to the crown. I am no expert on chakras, there is a lot of information on the web, but my other reason was that I had just been trying to send some 'positive vibes' out to a friend, who ishaving a tough time at the moment, we had just texted each other and I had told her I had sent out some vibes for her, I won't discuss her personal situation on here, sufficient to say I was sending out vibes to the Universe. That all came together in my head really when I was registering on here, I don't think it is my thinking alone, I think it comes from that purple chakra/higher consciousness. It just seems right for me at the moment! peace and happy journeying to you too.

19. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Ya gotta love it when stuff like this happens ;)

Gus

20. sa1983ad

sa1983ad Member

Happy birthday Edwin with enormous joy and happiness to you and your family.