1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Guidance Required

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by JohnEdward, Mar 14, 2012.

1. JohnEdward

JohnEdward New Member

Hi, i have been meditating for about 2 weeks now and i have a question.

When i meditate, it takes me about 10 mins to see the purple shiny ball but, after concentrating 5 minutes on it, it disappear and never come back. Is it because I'm not good enough yet or does it simply means "Alright, you have meditated enough for today"?

Thanks

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi John,

Firstly, it's not a case of not being good enough yet.

It's not clear what form of meditation you are doing. I've come across the experiences of seeing colours and shapes etc. whilst meditating, but never come across a technique where the focus of meditation was to actually try and see a "purple shiny ball". One thing I can say is that it would be perfectly normal for it to disappear and not come back, and I suspect this purple shiny ball you are seeing is simply the feedback in the visual cortex that we get when we close our eyes etc., so it's nothing to do with having meditated enough.

Have you tried downloading the free "Discover Meditation" course from this site? It teaches a mantra based meditation which doesn't require any focus or expectation of seeing something like you describe.

Hugs

Giles