1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Green Fuzzy Clouds

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by semphris, Jan 31, 2014.

1. semphris

semphris New Member

I have some thoughts I wanted to run by folks and maybe ask a question or 2.
    I've been meditating off and on for a very long time. I follow no specific discipline. I started doing it when I was about 8 in acting classes as a way of clearing our minds and preparing for improve.

Over the last year and a half I have had a reduced capacity to deal with stress to the point where I get physically ill. I've turned to meditation as part f my routine to shed some of that stress. I've read the Master Key System mostly because I was curious. I've looked into clearing chakras and heard opinions about opening the third eye. There happens to be a Buddhist Monk out here in the desert (yeah that shocked me too) and I've sat with him to meditate or just talk. I like to keep my objectivity so I'm willing to listen to mostly anything. I feel that keeping an open mind helps me gain more than otherwise.

So I've been experiencing something interesting lately. When I close my eyes to start meditation I sit for a bit and let the thoughts process. Eventually things settle down and I start concentrating on my breathing. All the while there are green, purple, and sometimes red clouds passing before my vision.

Now, I use to think that these clouds were just negative versions of images caused by rods/cones settling down after being saturated by light. Something similar to why doctors wear the green scrubs (red color from blood can saturate the rods/cones making them less sensitive so they were the green to off set this effect). Maybe its caused by light shining through my eye lids? Perhaps its related to something I've read somewhere saying that its energy coming from the chakras. I've read/heard allot of stuff regarding the pineal gland I wondered if maybe the clouds are what the gland sees since its similar in construct to the eye. Who knows? I just know they are there and I find them curious.

Anyhow, I let the clouds pass by. Any attempt to look at them simply causes them to move as the eye reorientates. Kind of like when you try to focus on floaties that exist inside your eye. After about 30 min or so I found that the edges of the clouds start to come into focus and that I could actually track with them as they passed across my vision. All the while I just breath and observe. The longer I did this the slower the clouds moved. Eventually they'd stop moving all together and I get to see a detailed image. Nothing special. It mostly looks like a half moon splotch. Very clear but with a sort of fractal nature at the edges. Shortly afterwards ALL of the clouds simply vanish. Gone. Fin. No goodbyes. Just "poof", ninja vanish...

Any idea or thoughts on what I am observing?

Oh. High by the way!:)

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator