1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Going Deeper

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Seamus1522, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Seamus1522

Seamus1522 Member

A young woman at work this past week asked me about meditation and after referring her to this site we sat a chatted about meditation's benefits, techniques, frustrations and successes. Most folks new to meditation seem to believe after 2 or 3 times they should be right up along side the Dali Lama. It takes time, patience and above all patience and more patience...

When listening to LifeFlow imagine yourself going deep inside your mind. Not inside your body, but inside your mind. First question someone asks is "Where is my mind?" As you try to patiently go inward to the center of your mind, occasionally think downward. Again not inside your body. It's not in your stomache or liver. You'll know you're getting there when you relax and you can feel your muscles relax and breathe come more naturally.

Watch your thoughts but try not to think about them and become involved in them. Just watch them and let them fall away. This takes work and practise and above all patience... Try it and see what happens. Don't force it - just be still and listen. The voice of your Inner Self is waiting and has been very patient. Once you're more used to the stillness and peace you may begin to hear the first whispers of wisdom that follow. Use the Lifeflow to flow into that place that is peace and love and the home of your True Self. Trust me it's there... patience and effort. It's honestly worth it.

In Truth & Light

2. John

John Member

I personally find that meditating and practicing deep abdominal breathing breating ( count to 4 on inspiration and feeling abdomen expand and slowly exhale counting 6 to 10 --or even better using a appropriate phrased mantra to synchronise with breathing ) helps me relax and go deeper .On expiration it feels like a wave going through ones mind .
    Good news is that one can do this anytime anywhere without the need of a CD player etc.

3. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Deeper

John, and Seamus 1522,

I would have to agree with you. I had purchased a Positive Thinking audio cassette tape about 30 years ago. I used that a lot and then moved and it got packed away. I found it about 5 months ago and listened to it once more before I found this site. The tape really did a good job of relaxing you and providing you with a visual that helped you relax and discharge negative thoughts and replace them with positive light. One of the phrases that I remember is " relax even more and go deeper" This has stuck with me and I mentally do it every time I meditate. For me that was a good start. I try to go deeper and deeper each time I meditate.

Now when I use Life flow, I use the relaxation technique and find that I can direct my thoughts to feel as if I have no physical body. I concentrate my thoughts and imagine that all is contained in the area of my mind. What I have noticed is that as I meditate that this works very well and I now am getting the feeling that I am wearing a visor or invisible goggles. There is a slight pressure around my eyes that extends all around and through the back of my mind. I believe that this is a result of the brain entrainment process. I am content to be at this stage, and will be happy to move forward when the time feels right. When I come out of meditation my body feels heavy and it takes a few minutes to get energy back to arms and legs.