1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

God is in all of us.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by filly33, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Jeb

Jeb Member

Not a problem

We are what we are and exactly what we need to be at the time that we are, Edward. We are never over the top; we just are. That's the beauty of all creation!

2. filly33

filly33 Member

Here here.

3. Jeb

Jeb Member

It's even more than that, Mitch. We breath the oxygen that has been given off by the plants on this planet. Those same plants live on the CO2 we produce. The sun feeds the photosynthesis process, feeding the leaves. The earth is fertilized by the remains of all once living things. We can see our ancestors in everything that is living. Even as I write this, molecules that Mitch has breathed are flowing into my lungs and transferring into my blood to feed the cells of my body. Every thought has electrical energy associated with it... that energy, says Einstein, can neither be created nor destroyed. It lives on forever. So we are truly in all things, and all things are a part of God and of ourselves (if there really is a thing called "ourselves"). The concept is as big as eternity, and it's exciting as hell to contemplate! (Maybe not the best analogy!) And we are eternal beings!

4. Edward G.

Edward G. Member

A toast...

I toast to that!:)

5. casan

casan Member

Thank You!

I love this place.

Thank you all :)

6. Edward G.

Edward G. Member

Hiccup!Burp!:)

7. filly33

filly33 Member

There is still so much to learn

I just finished A New Earth (after a short break from the last chapter for various reasons, but I am glad I came back to it). One important thing that I have learned from this book is that consciousness has to be brought into every aspect of my life. Consciousness means a few things to me. It means the acceptance of what is happening, the hardest of which, for me, is accepting what I do and say, and not thinking about it before it happens and thinking about it after is ends (this is pretty trivial but hey, I'm young and confused). With acceptance comes another part of consciousness, which is being conscious it at every moment, and enjoying it. This has been super difficult as well because people at school easily get on my nerves. I have been getting tests of consciousness thrown at me left and right since starting awakening. A few days ago in gym we were doing archery and I shot an arrow too high, so high in fact that it struck the wall above the protective meshing and ricocheted all the way back to where people we're seated. I felt so embarrassed. Not waking from my unconsciousness yet I looked back at my friends with a dumb look on my face and another arrow in my hand apparently hoping to strengthen my sense of self by showing them that "I don't care what just happened, I'm bad ass like that" when this guy I didn't even know said to me "don't shoot that thing at me". Of course, in my unconscious state I simply said "Yeah, I'm gonna shoot it at you" sarcastically. Then he, with a smug look on his face that at the time completely pissed me off, said that he would "punch me in the face". So I rolled my eyes, loaded my bow and went on with my shooting. But I still wasn't conscious. For the next 5 hours I thought about what happened to me. I regretted shooting the bow so high and thought over in my head the many things I should have said to that guy (somehow knowing this whole time that this was my ego yet not caring). This was last thursday and only now am I getting over it, which is awful. But, it's the way it is, so I have to be conscious and accept it, which is what I'm getting at with this story. If I had just been conscious from the very beginning, from the moment I picked up that bow and knew that I would be shooting an arrow, no matter what way I spun it in my head, then my consciousness would bring about a peaceful outcome. Talk about learning from your own mistakes. Be well my friends.

Mitch

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

9. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

You're doing really well!

Ah Mitch, you're hard on yourself. It sounds like you think you have to be perfectly serene and centered all the time which is really really difficult in my humble opinion! Especially when you're at school with all kind of people that are struggling to find their place in the scheme of things.

All through this incident, you were aware! That to me is consciousness at work, witnessing what's arising, no matter what it is. When we're getting triggered and are in the middle of a 'storm' then that's the reality of the moment. Observing without judging, knowing that when the thought comes, "I'm being an idiot to be caught in my ego. I'm not behaving well" is just another thought. It's the play of the personality, the dance of the mind/body. The real you, the observer, is just looking at it which is what you did. And even though it took some days to detach, now you know that whatever was at play - maybe the need to be cool with your peers - is a hook for you as a personality. Next time, you may react differently. Maybe it'll take a little less time to stop beating yourself up over it. But ultimately these are just thoughts about yourself as a body/mind. Just watch them arise, notice their flavour, how one builds up on another, and be aware of what is noticing. Who is it that sees all of this? When you start to inquire into that, peace comes.
    It seems to me that you're doing really well! I wish I'd been working on this when I was your age. You're riding the wave of awakening humanity and it brings me hope for the human race!
    Wishing you a fabulous day
    Bhavya :):):)

10. Jeb

Jeb Member

Mitch. Think about this: maybe on that wall that you hit was a brand new and heretofore unknown virus that if allowed to spread would totally obliterate mankind. Your arrowhead smashed and killed that virus. No more threat. You saved us! Reframe the incident and you become a hero. You even saved the life of that smartass who badmouthed you! Damn, am I thankful Mitch missed the target!

11. filly33

filly33 Member

That is some funny shit my friend!

12. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thank you

Mitch,
    It's always good to read your posts. Thanks so much for sharing that "arrow story." I can so relate it to similar experiences in my own life. And Jeb, thank you for putting a smile on my face. As I read the possibility of what this miss shot arrow saved us all from, I smiled with relief. Thank goodness things don't always turn out how our egos expect them to. Take care my friends. --Keith :)

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

What do you mean, he missed the target ! HE HIT THAT GERM SPOT ON ! :D

14. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Mitch,
    Bhavay has some good points here. Don't be so hard on yourself. This thing takes time. The awareness factor is a big one. It is said to be the beginning of the end. Hard to discount that.
    gus