Gamma waves

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Foojoy, May 23, 2008.

1. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Wehr
    Have you check out the FAQs on this site, especially the following:
    http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Meditation should bring us benefits of greater peace and insight etc into our lives. (OK should is a bad word but....)
    Have you noticed any positive results in your use of Centering Prayer? What are you looking for? If you still had telepathy as a personal resource, what would you want even more as a result of your spiritual practices?

There's no doubt that Lifeflow can help you entrain to particular frequencies to enhance your work and meditation. But I'm not clear about what you're asking. Do you suspect it's your practices that leave you dissatisfied, or do you feel you're not going deep enough or gaining more clarity? Or is it just that you want the telepathy to return?

I did a "Centering Prayer" retreat a long while ago and liked it - if I remember, it was mantra based. I don't know what Welcoming Prayer is though, so if you feel like sharing I'd be interested.

At any rate, I hope you find what you're looking for
    Bhavya

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. bbj

bbj Member

Gamma

Yes please

3. landosmiles

landosmiles Member

I finished with LF 1 at the beginning of this year. The results have been wonderful. Since then i have used mainly LF1 and LF7. I have also meditated with Nirvana track and have decided to start using nirvana on a daily basis. The problem for me is that until now, the nirvana doesn`t seem to have a noticeable effect on my conciousness, it seems like my mind isn`t quite ready for all the track has to offer. This was not the case with other LF tracks, i felt the benefits almost immediately. I now that patience is the biggest virtue, especcially when it comes to meditation but am I doing something wrong or expecting too much from the track? I certainly don`t feel the "wow" effect of great pleasure that some of you have described using gamma tracks.

Peace,

Martin

4. ellie76

ellie76 Member

Higher brain frequencies

Very interesting. Yes please, try to look at this Michael

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Martin

Are you looking for this "wow" effect during your meditation?
    Often if we go into something with expectations we completely miss what happens and thus believe nothing happened. This can be common if we read or listen to other people's experiences and then expect the same for ourselves... but we are all different. I often notice this with people who choose to learn Reiki. They have expectations about the Reiki attunement process, in that they will experience some magical "wow" that will blow them away, but then they're dissappointed and say they felt nothing. The Reiki attunement will have worked, but they were so focused on their expectations that they fail to see the "reality" of Reiki.

How about if you simply use the track and have no expectations about it? ;)

Often the benefits of meditation or other techniques is noticed in our daily lives and often over a period of time, rather than actually during the process of doing the techniques.

:)

Hugs

Giles

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Martin, first of all I'm glad you have had wonderfulful results with LF. Like you, I also used to use LF1 and LF7 for awhile after completing the series - I guess they were my favourites at the time :)

When I received the gamma tracks I particularly loved meditating to Nirvana. Since then I have amazed myself by going back to LF10/9/8 etc and noticing even more improvements in my daily life over various periods of time as I am sure you will too.

Here are some of Michael's notes which I have kept in a journal - I hope they are of use to you:-

"Awaken & Nirvana include an exciting new technology which I call "universal constant technology" which fully compliments and works along side the current Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic technology that makes up the LifeFlow Meditation Series. These gamma tracks contain a special, proprietary design addition that give them an extra little kick over and above the design of the other LifeFlow tracks.

I have chosen the 40Hz frequency because it has received the most research so far and it is intriguing because it tends to entrain the brain at multiple frequencies in accordance with the brain's own natural rhythms.

Because of this multi-entrainment aspect, a 40Hz track can be used for relaxation, meditation, creativity, study, stress reduction, and so forth equally well. This is a frequency that has had great success in dealing with conditions such as ADD.
    Other frequencies tend to work best for more specific types of activities.

You can experience ecstatic states of consciousness with them. If you were of an eastern religious orientation you would refer to these states as Nirvana, Samadhi or shamanic trance. In a more common manner of speaking they would call such states "Christ Consciousness" or "Krishna Consciousness".

You will gain the most benefits if you either have some meditation experience under your belt, or have progressed into some of the deeper levels of LifeFlow, or have worked with other spiritual/metaphysical disciplines previously."

As Giles says, just meditate with the gamma tracks in the normal way you do with LF and one important fact to remember is, there are various benefits to be continually gained from all the alpha, theta and delta levels - I'm certain they will serve you well throughout your life.

I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on your continuing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

7. landosmiles

landosmiles Member

Thanks guys, something "clicked" after reading your posts - had a very deep meditation with the nirvana track yesterday :):)

8. Midnight

Midnight Member

What is the difference between awaken and nirvana? If I remember correctly, they're both at 40hz, right?

9. hjelleo

hjelleo Member

Gamma tracks availabe for download or cds ?

Hi !
    Bought the complete box of CDs a couple of years ago,
    and have gone through the whole programme.
    Are the gamma tracks available to donload or buy on CDs ?
    Thanks for LF !

10. LiveRod

LiveRod Member

Yes to Gamma

Yes to exploring Gamma

11. myriam

myriam Member

strange sensation

Hello

Still working with lf1 for about a month now. A week ago I had a strange experience. I use a mantra and so called spinal breathing. Suddenly I experienced a kind of milky white space expanding in front of me (third eye region) and a strong wave of panic around my heart.:eek: My heart started beating very fast. I forced myself to continue the meditation and get back to my mantra and the fear faded away but it was quite startling! I reduced the next sessions from one hour to 35 minutes. Now I am back meditating to 1 hour. Did anyone had a similar experience ? The milky white space gives a sensation of 'dissapearing'. The fear I suppose is a reaction of the ego and the body follows (heart beating fast) but what is that milky white stuf? :confused:

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

In short: it is You ! the real You.

The source of all life, of everything that manifests around us and everything that isn't in the manifest. Some people prefer the name God.

13. GilesC

GilesC Member

I believe they come with both the downloaded and the bought box set now, but at the time you purchased it, that may have been before these tracks were available.
    If you contact support using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page they should be able to advise whether you can get these tracks or not.

Hugs

Giles

14. myriam

myriam Member

what happens after?

thnx for the reply edwin

It is a pitty I do not experience the extatic thing and so on :(, You could be right but I feel I only reached the surface I think, or would this be an other illusion (buddhist wise speaking)? If I manage to overcome the anxiety, and go deeper, what would happen? It is strange it occurs with lf1 I was under the impression that the brain was only tuned in Alfa. So does that mean the brain went beyond alfa?
    A little bit confused?:eek: The strange thing is I started to have physical problems I did not have for years, again it could be a coincidence, well it will pass I supose but it is difficult to meditate with a nagging sensation of pain.

By the way what is the function of the moderator?

greetings:)

15. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Have you heard the story about the monk who one day came to his supervisor and told him: "This morning while I meditated, I saw a great white light, and out of the light, the Buddha spoke to me!"
    The older monk replied: "If you keep focusing on your breath, this too will pass by itself eventually."

Do these experiences cause you to feel that you are a Very Important Person, or do they deepen your experience of being allowed to live in this world, by the grace of everyone around you, by the grace of the plants that you eat and the air that you breathe, and do you see the spark of light in everyone and everything? Do you realize (with direct certainty) that deep inside, perhaps hidden even from themselves, everyone has this brightness at least as a potential? By this you can tell apart Illusion from Enlightenment.

You are not duty-bound to press forward if things get scary or painful. Just try to learn as much from it as you can at the stage where you are, and you will be ready to move further when the time is right.

16. myriam

myriam Member

yes, in the daily life awarness is deeper

Do I feel the experiences make me "special"?:) I am fully aware (I think) of the tricks of the ego awareness. That is why I am carefull with the interpretation of the experiences during meditation. Because we all interpret things from our conditioned point the vieuw. So even if eventually we reach a state of ultimate consciousness how do we now for sure? Because it would be impossible to explain. You are very right to say that the state of mind in daily life is a barometer of the progress we make, and yes there is a clear difference after 20 years of meditation (with a few huge gaps) bud I still do not have the feeling dispite very profound experiences that I did reach the full potential of consciousness behind the ego construction and I do not know if I ever will:( But if with this sadhana or discipline there is more understanding for my fellow men, greater empathy with all living beings and a greater grasp of the deeper state of onneness we indeed all posess (and probably are looking for otherwise we would not meditate with lifeflow), than ok that is a real benefit, that everyone can achief, and every experience we experience be it my experience or your's or everyone elses for that matter can make us richer and help us grow. I believe this is the purpose of project meditation. :)

17. Griffin

Griffin Member

Yes please!

18. pita2389

pita2389 Member

YES I would be very interested.

19. voltigeur

voltigeur Member

Lambda tracks?

Having gone through the LF programme and through all the extras like Midnight Express and the Gamma tracks, I feel the question that now arises is: what chance of a Lambda track and an Epsilon track to complement the programme? I love Gamma meditations (I adore how they often make me giggle like a giddy child with sheer joy!) and would like to try a Lambda state in particular. Does anyone else feel the same?

20. Shammash ha-Chayim

Shammash ha-Chayim New Member

This reply is very interesting and usefull.
    The ecstasy on high magical processes also allows to register gamma brain wave activity. When one is experimenting these kind of altered states of consciousness, there is a melt down of the individual self. This state of union, not always a state of bliss, is very interesting to be observed in experienced magician on a process called assumption. On Jewish Tradition we call this process DEVEKUT. This can be attained on Meditation or on Kabbalah Hekkalot practices.

On both processes the self is disolved and repaced by a unifyed consciousness where the identity of the practitioner is merged with the exterior universe, or with some other entity consciousness, if that is to be applyed.

It is not very easy to put on simple words exactly what is felt by one who experiences this, but generally, the notion of time, of self and of limitations is quite lost. It is like a very vivid dream state but without any sleep associated to it.
    For those who have tried it is very easy to understand what I mean.

For example, it is very interesting to percieve that one can think as a small child (not in a fluufy sense), that concieves his imagination can become real. On that altered state, this conception is not just a mild belief. One actually percieves that mind is active and influencing outside regular inwarding way- reaching for its place on a superiour awareness, where it is merged with a colective mind. This can lead the mind to very vivid concepts and visualization automatic processes where, one is no longer imagining, but seeing. What is aprehended by the mind, ou even by the consciousness above/beyond it, depends much on the goal of the practice and of the method employed.

There are limitations to what this imagination can do, but on such altered states of consciousness, there is a very strong binding with powerfull external forces, either of nature, or of different existencial levels.

To experimenting such a state is a very empowering experience, where one can experience on first hand a connection between the individual and what is above/beyond.

This can be a religious experience on every aspect, but a metaphysical one as well, since the aim is exactly to expand the consciousness outside it's regular boundries.