Gamma waves

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Foojoy, May 23, 2008.

1. LilyB

LilyB Member

awaken and nivana both free?

i have recently purchased the lifeflow meditations 1-10 (with a strict promise not to rush through them or listen to them out of order!)
    i have just filled in the online form to receive Awaken, free (apart from shipping), but it said that Nirvana was $77?
    I have not received an e-mail with any links in for them both being free! Am a bit worried i will miss free Nirvana, due to time difference! (am in Australia)
    Any ideas pls?
    Thanks,
    LilyB

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

For you lucky ones that've graduated to Gamma

Edwin and Pollyanna, I have a question for you. I do understand that there's a learning curve and that it's advisable to first do the alpha, theta, delta before going on to Gamma frequencies, but having done that progression, are you mostly using the Gamma tracks?

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Well, for me since I got the Gamma tracks just less than 2 months ago, I guess I still consider myself growing into the Gamma tracks.

The way I see it, meditation is a technique based on making neural pathways between the left and right brain hemisphere, and LifeFlow aides us in doing that.
    If you have covered the entire LF series, you will have made neural pathways in every brainstate known except Gamma. If you regularly switch tracks, all these pathways will stay active ( and thus won't be broken down by the brain as it always creates new links and breakes down unused ones, "upgrading the computer" you might say ).

Gamma also makes neural pathways like all the other LF tracks, and when I am done with growing into Gamma I will start switching again between all the tracks, including Gamma to keep them all active.

4. Grey

Grey Member

i googled around and found there are a few more frequency ranges. epsilon is below delta. hyper-gamma is above gamma. and lambda is above hyper-gamma. that leaves us some more room to expand into. Edwin you should use your pull with Michael and see if he has plans to produce any tracks to explore these areas.

5. Bobbytwoshoe

Bobbytwoshoe Member

Hi, what about the people who purchased the 10 cd boxset? Thanks...

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Bobby, not quite sure when you will receive both the gamma tracks but one thing I do know is that Michael takes great care of all LifeFlow members. I truly believe that I have enjoyed the greatest benefits by following the LF program as Michael designed it.

Bhavya, my personal preference is definately Nirvana. However, I'm certain some other people will much prefer Awaken. I am still listening to LF tracks and will continue to do this.

I have noticed for quite some time that when my life is extremely busy I tend to meditate to a delta track usually LF1 (for at least a week)

When I need to be creative and am looking for new ideas I meditate to a theta track, usually LF7 (again for at least a week)

And now, with Nirvana I feel it's a more spiritual experience and it's certainly very different to me.

I have never particularly analysed my meditations and most of my observing moments have been outside my actual meditation. Usually when I would feel myself beginning to react to a situation, I recognized the opportunity to observe and then respond to it, accept it or sometimes ignore it.

I think the biggest opportunities for this and I understand that these were deep repressed feelings, came about after 2 or 3 specific dreams that allowed me to deal with betrayal and abandonment.

All in all I feel like My mind, body or spirit knows what it needs and I consciously make sure it gets a good balance.

Phew, I hope that makes sense and I wish you all peace and joy on your continuing journeys of self discovery :) :) :)

P.S. I am however going to try Awaken in my alarm c.d. - I'll let you know how that goes.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Pollyanna,
    Thanks for the rundown on how you utilize the cd's since completing the LF program. It is nice to here that there is a place for LF after completion of the program. I always figured there would be. It is just good to here how.

gus

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hehe, he said pull :p

To be honest, I am not sure I would be interested in those brainstates. Gamma has done some wonderfull things for me allready, but I don't want to push it.

They are natural brainstates, as in they have been measured in a human being, but I am not entirely sure that I would like to experience these states.

The Gamma tracks were made by Michael because he knew of research done on advanced meditators/"awakened masters" who's minds were in the Gamma range, but I am not sure I would like even higher states than this.

I would fist like to see proven that it will benefit my meditation and/or progress towards awakening. I am interested in it tho, just like you :D

9. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Thanks Edwin and Pollyanna. It's really helpful to know how the different entrainments work with our life situations. I'm waiting to complete 1-10 before moving onto Gamma, taking all the good advice from y'all.

Thanks for sharing. It makes a difference - we all benefit :):):)
    Bhavya

10. filly33

filly33 Member

I would really love to try these discs, but I think I might wait till I've done Lifeflow first. The first week of each track is bliss. I can't wait to move further and I feel as though I have an endless supply here. If Michael keeps making these I'll keep buying. Peace.

Mitch

11. joejordan65

joejordan65 Member

Gamma Frequencies

Hello Michael,

I have been wondering if there would be a "next phase" or level to utilize once I had worked through the 10 LifeFlow CD's.

I am on LifeFlow 3 at present.

I would be very interested in a product featuring the Gamma frequencies.

Thank you,

Joe Jordan

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Surprise Joe

Hi Joe, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that Michael has created two amazing gamma tracks "Nirvana" and "Awaken"

What's more, because you will benefit from them more after going progressively down the LifeFlow levels he will make them available to you for free, once you have downloaded LF1 :)

I'm sure you'll find they are so worth the wait - I absolutely love the Nirvana gamma track.

I also continue to use the LF tracks and realise now that I will continue indefinately with them - I am continuing to enjoy and accumulate more and more benefits - until a few months ago I had forgotten how good it felt to meditate to LF10

I wish you much peace and joy on your continuing journey :) :) :)

13. joejordan65

joejordan65 Member

Thanks Pollyanna,

I'm starting LifeFlow 2 tonight.

I will look forward to the two Gamma tracks, once LifeFlow one has been downloaded.

Take Care,

Joe Jordan

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

You're welcome Joe - enjoy :) :) :)

15. Matti

Matti Member

I have bought lifeflow 10-1, Creativeflow and optimal learning, but i got some of the cd's from download links Michael send me, beacause i had some technical problems. So i cant get Nirvana and Awaken cd's, because there is no lifeflow 1 on my account. Can someone unlock them for me. I still have e-mails from Michael so i can show them if needed.

16. jodie

jodie Moderator

Matti, your Gamma tracks.....

I will send these links for you now.
    Take care and enjoy!

:)

17. Matti

Matti Member

Thanks jodie! :)

18. Wehr18

Wehr18 New Member

Gamma meditation techniques

I found this conversation while researching answers to my question - WHICH particular techniques achieve which particular brain wave states.

I'm a daily Christian centering prayer & welcoming prayer person who has practiced these same techniques "religiously" for 15 years. I've noticed that I've achieved a particular state of mind that either tamed the tiger or neutered the cat. Either I've calmed the monkey-mind or I've created apathy. Either I've achieved a so-called higher state of consciousness or I've sedated myself, disengaged and floated off.

Also, since starting this technique 15 years ago, I haven't had telepathic experiences anymore.

From these experiences I've started to ask - where are my brain waves when I'm in Centering Prayer? And of course, how can I manipulate the best brain for being engaged, for instance, in my income producing work, and the best brain for calming the monkey-mind, and the best brain for developing telepathy -- and so forth.

I'm paying attention to the claims of various entrainment websites and cd's, and find the information helpful but not total to my questions. So I wondered if others have noticed something similar or have a comment.

Peace be with you, and also with me,
    Wehr18

19. tootandzoot

tootandzoot Member

gamma wave

I am just beginning to get the feel of this particular recording, and it does feel different. I know that I need to spend more time with it, but just now i experience a different quality of conciousness, and afterwards, a different awareness of sensation (subtle). I shall continue and come back to this thread.
    anyhow, thank you Michael, and I love the sounds of the awakening recording.
    Fi

20. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi,

I don't really know anything about centering prayer, but I'm guessing from your description that's it's essentially the same as the meditative state.

You ask where your brain waves are when you're in this state. The answer, I believe is that they are still there, but calmed and more orderly. I think it can come down to how you see your Self and the connection of that Self to the physical body. Most of our waking life we spend attached to our physical body, and we're actively engaged with our mind/ego. When we enter the meditative state we detach from the activity leaving the mind/brain activity/physical body to run itself, and our true Self enters a state of emptiness where time no longer exists and we become complete awareness (a state of Oneness or BEing or whatever you want to call it). Even still, I believe we maintain a level of attachment to the physical in order to return from the meditative state, but of course I could be wrong :rolleyes: and perhaps we return to another physical body and someone else returns to the body we detached from, taking our our mind, memory, knowledge etc. but in that case we just wouldn't know about it. :eek:

As for training your brain for the best (which is of course subjective in itself), certainly the use of Lifeflow type products has been shown to assist in this area. Likewise, just working to live in the present moment such as the teachings of Advaita or as described by Ekhart Tolle (amongst others), certainly proves a great benefit. As for telepathy, I believe that's a whole topic in itself as well as a matter of belief and understanding and perhaps a little outside the scope of this thread, although for me, I would see telepathy in terms of good strong intuitive abilities, which itself can come about through the aforementioned practices.

Hugs

Giles