1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Frustration & Anger @ Level 9 Question??

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Ravo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Dang! That is a great question. I know that when you lift weights, it pumps up your metabolism for hours afterward, but I have no idea if the strengthening of the left/right brain continues after meditation sessions. However, I'm willing to bet that the brain changes that happen when you meditate don't just suddenly stop when you take off the headphones. Think about it...if you feel calmer after you meditate, that brain-changing effect is still going on, right?

I find that I get all wrapped up in the science of meditation, and the measureable results, and the research, and blah blah blah. I think that others in this community (Edwin and Pollyanna, I'm looking at YOU) are more able to just meditate, without feeling the need to measure progress or feel as if something must be accomplished. I'm grateful that there's room for us all here at LF.

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Good question ! I will try to explain some things.

You guys and gals are making some good points !

Meditation itself is usually seen as the practice of sitting down ( or in some cases like in Zen, certain ways of walking ).
    This is a very good way to strengthen the connections between the hemispheres of the brain, but not the only one.
    If you practice forms of Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, and even martial arts, you also strengthen the connections, just like in meditation.

In fact, there is a form of meditation that is known as Vipassana, that does not end when you stop meditation. Also a Zen master from Vietnam, who now lives in excile in France, Thich Nhat Hanh can be quoted here:
    "You have to practice meditation while you walk, stand, lie down, sit, work - while washing your hands, mopping the floor, drinking tea, talking to friends or what ever you may be doing ".

Meditation in terms of "sitting down to meditate" is much like doing the minimum needed for better living, but when having meditated long enough, you start to see and learn that this also works when not sitting down, but instead riding your bike, or whenever.
    But you don't have to wait until that moment comes, you can actively start with it right now !

Check out this link for a how to: How To Guide item :: Million Meditators :: Million Meditators

Remember from my essay how I talked about making a path by walking it over and over again, and the more you use it, the wider it gets ?

The more you practice meditation, the more you walk the path, the faster it goes.
    The fullfillment can come instantly with this practice, you have now made life your meditation. You should still sit down every day tho !

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  3. Edwin

Edwin Member

It has become somewhat easyer, but I am still human and oftan have to remind myself to let go even now !
    Oh and in case you were wondering, I started with LifeFlow-meditation in December 2007. Had been meditating for about 2-3 months before that allready.

Just so you know how long it might take to get to where I am now.

4. PenguinJAS

PenguinJAS Member

I've just been listening to LifeFlow tracks.

Like another moderator, pollyanna, I simply went through all the tracks out of curiosity. When I got to LF1, it really scared me. I thought: why the style was so different with others? Just like a sudden attack in a spooky movie. There searched the forum to try to find others' experience. It's good to learn that it was the whale's sound. And it is also interesting to learn that people do have different preferences as to the favourite or least fav tracks.

I'd like to write a few words here in response to Edwin's earlier discussion (check it out at page 1 of this thread). He described any negative emotions as some boulders in the way of our meditation.

My view starts from a different angle, but I believe that we are talking about the same thing actually. I think those negative emotions (like anger, frustration, or scare) are deeply rooted in our soul. The sound in the tracks were just pulling them out. When negative emotions attack, congratulations, there comes one of the blockages wired in our mind which stopped us from a happy and wonderful life. At the end of the day, our reality are manifestations of our inner belief. Instead of hating it, pushing it away, say "Ah ha~ I got you~".

Now, when we see our 'toxic' belief in clear with the help of these tracks, just remind us that we are okay. There's no need to judge the tracks, least ourselves. Embrace them, embrace ourselves. Know that we are going to overcome it by learning that we don't need to perceive the track in the way we do. By analogy, all the negative emotions are merely our created perceptions, which has nothing to do with the real life. Even though we find ourselves angry, disappointed, frightened, etc., there's actually nothing to be angry with, disappointed to, frightened of, because we are merely sitting there safely and silently wearing a headphone listening to some digital signals entering our ears. Our real life is just equal to this: safe and silent. Tides inside us are illusions, they are not the solutions they promised to be - the answer was here all the time.

Meditation helps us to focus on our inner self and discover ourselves. When the lesson is learnt, the root of our false belief is pulled out, and our life will be changed forever. To remind, our reality is a manifestation of our inner belief. When the inner us change, everything happen to us changes.

Currently I'm on LF9. I tried LF8 too but find the latter a bit boring. But the Optimal Learning track was great. It gives me a strong confidence in study and the confidence that I can concentrate, and there I can concentrate.

Anyway, I'm still quite new to meditation. I'll continue to explore.

5. Reefdancer

Reefdancer Member

Well, I don't feel anger or any other emotion. I just don't like the pitch and tone of the music of LF9. But I did notice one thing yesterday. Sometimes on LF10 I would "see" a bright light in my right eye and a radiant feeling on my right side. Like if I tried to visualize the light going up and down my spine with the so hum mantra, the right side would always be more dominant. With LF 9 yesterday, the left side seemed brighter or at least the 2 sides seemed to be more integrated. It will be interesting to see what happens today.:rolleyes:
    Added after meditation:
    Well, I'm pleased to report that the music didn't bother me today and I had a good session. It seems with LF9, the time goes by much faster and the session is over before I know it. Went deep, went light, my mind raced, my mind focused, a little bit of everything. The light on my left side was there again, but towards the end, it kind of evened out. Maybe the 2 sides of my brain are getting alligned?

Last edited: May 27, 2010