1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Frustration & Anger @ Level 9 Question??

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Ravo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Ravo

Ravo Member

Hello All......Has anybody gone through frustration or anger moments, :( during Level 9, I have recently been a bit prone to this (I am 2 weeks into Lvl 9) - Level 10 for me was relaxing, insightful made me mellow, Level 9 - feels like it's difficult, I feel like my progress has been stalled and I get frustrated, I have read comments about resitance........I feel like I have it along with impatience and well......FRUSTRATION...any comments would be appreciated.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Ravo,

I dont feel anger like you, but lvl10 was also total relaxing for me while lvl9 is a bit difficult...it depresses me in some way. Maybe thats my way to handle anger, not to feel it :)

We have to go through this, dont we? Better times (lvls) are on the horizon :D

Pan

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Heh, when you have been on this forum as long as me, you seem to run into the same questions over and over again :) It's ok, because everybody who is new to meditation goes through these kind of periods.

It is also interesting to see that a lot of people seem to think that their emotions are a direct result of LifeFlow.
    LifeFlow is no where near as powerfull as people might think, at least not in that way. It is powerfull in only one way: it deepens meditation to a level that most people only get when sitting in a monastary on a mountain top, after 30 years of practice. To ease the mind into the deepest states, LifeFlow has different levels, causing a somewhat higher state of mind every level.

All the emotions ( as well as sensations in the body and mind like cramps, twitching limbs, colours swirling in front of hte eyes ) that people go through can only be blamed to one thing:

Meditation !

Now of course, LifeFlow deepens meditation hugely, so you are plunged into deeper states at an excellerated rate compared to just meditation, and that might have some side effects. You see, meditation is about strengthening the connection between the left and right hemisphere of the brain through the cerebral cortex. The stronger the connection between both sides, the more balanced your life will be, the more creative you will become, the more enlightened you will feel.

The human brain has been estimated to contain 50–100 billion neurons, of which about 10 billion are cortical pyramidal cells. These cells pass signals to each other via around 100 trillion synaptic connections.
    When a connection is used frequently and for longer periods of time, it will widen, meaning that more and more synaptic connections will be made in the same direction, creating a kind of "highway" for the signals, called a neural pathway.

Think of it as a wheat field, if one person walks the same path every day through the field, it will create a small path that is visible in the field. If more and more people walk that path, it will automatically widen.

Why all this info ?

Try to imagine that same wheat field, and you are making a new path through that field, the shortest road from the left side of the field to the right side of the field. However, after about 20 yards, you run into a boulder, slap bang right in front of you. You are annoyed, it it too high to climb over, so you either have to walk around it, or have it removed. Until the boulder is removed, you will still feel annoyed, so in the end you get a bulldozer, or a jackhammer, or dynamite, and move it to the side of the field or crush it into bits, after which you can continue making the path.

Back to the brain:
    During meditation with LifeFlow, a connection is made both by meditation, as well as the resonance frequency's of LifeFlow.
    However, after a few sessions, you run into an emotion ( boulder ), that is probably stored in that particular part of your brain that you are creating your pathway through. This is causing you much annoyance or anger or sadness or whatever. You can't just ignore the emotion, it stays in your way until you have it removed. There are several ways to do this.

If you are aware of what emotion or feeling is getting in your way, try either EFT or the Sedona method ( Jackhammer and Bulldozer ). If you are not aware of what is causing your feelings, try to concentrate on your feeling of anger, and instead of resisting it, surrender to it (Dynamite). The question you should be asking yourself when you feel your anger coming up is : What am I feeling right now?
    This way you concentrate on the feeling that you are experiencing.
    Next question: Am I allowing myself to have this feeling right now ?
    It is ok to have this feeling, just try to observe it, allow it to stay as long as it is needed. Maybe an image will come up when you give it attention, an image from the past, causing this emotion. Or maybe it will just slowly disappear. All is fine. You are sitting and meditating so that this emotion will get all the attention it needs, without resisting it. Anger is not a bad emotion, we just handle our anger in a wrong way, making us think that it is "bad".

Also, a lot of people expect something from their meditation.

Within your question I can read expectation as well:
    Actually, people have been tricked to believe that we can re-live the past. Of course our memory will sometimes say: "Hey, that happens in exactly the same way it did 2 weeks ago !"
    But usually it forgets to say: "well, not exactly, that and that is different, but the rest of it seems to be the same".

Time is always pushing us forward, and even if we would experience the same thing twice, the second time would be different just because you yourself will have changed from the last time.

The same is with meditation. No meditation session can ever be the same, or deliver the same results. It is not the same day, you will not have experienced the same things, and you will not have had the same emotions and in the same order as the day before. You have changed, not only by your last meditation session, but by life itself.
    If you keep expecting your meditation session to be the same as the last, you are actually sabotaging your progress:
    In a way, it should say: "I feel like my progress is being stalled by me and I get frustrated"

And the cure is again acceptance.

Just go into meditation with an attitude of " I wonder what will happen this meditation session ", without expectancy and just trying to accept whatever happens during it. Busy mind ? It is probably clearing lots of small stuff from your mind, you are meant to experience this busy session, so your next one can be amazing.
    Keep getting the same arguement you had earlyer that day repeating in your head ?
    You can't go further with your meditation until you accept what has happened.
    Keep falling asleep during meditation ? You are tired, you need the sleep. Keep trying and try to add one extra hour to your nightrest.

Wrote another essay :) But I hope you can relate to what I said, and maybe it will help you !

4. Ravo

Ravo Member

Frustration and Anger Level 9

:)Thanks Pan, I really appreciated your input.
    :D Wow, Edwin, I am deeply appreciative of your help, it makes perfect sense now that you have articulated it in this way - I can see why you are a super moderator, I really appreciate you taking the time to map that out for me. I will continue to absorb your post, I think the thing that hit me with my anger was that it was directed to my 17 year old daughter (I yelled at her) whom I love dearly and I was so remorseful following the incident that I blamed something outside of myself...... Cheers and many thanks once again for your time, Ravo

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's just as much fun writing it as it is reading your appreciation :)

I stumbled upon a quote
    that made me think about this post, and I checked back to see if you had read it allready, and you had, life seems to be filled with these kinds of coincidences :)

About your post, feelings of remorse can certainly interfere with our meditation sessions !
    I am glad that I could help you :)

6. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Lightening up!

Hi Edwin and Ravo
    That's a wonderful explanation, Edwin. I'm joining the cheering section. You really take the time to answer questions, clearly and thoroughly and I always enjoy reading them. :):):)

When I come across an emotional block I also think of it as something hard but them I work at dissolving or melting it (rather than crushing or pulverizing... because big machinery scares me!) :eek:

I'm finding the Sedona Method really helpful with that. I can gradually melt layer after layer of whatever it is, gently and ecologically. It's hard work but satisfying.

I was listening to Mooji on Utube last night where he said that "thank you" is a wonderful mantra. No matter what difficulties come knocking at the door, if we have gratitude for the opportunity to overcome more of our negative unconscious patterns, we get to ride on the fast train to pure enlightenment.

Here's to lightening up! :p;)
    Bhavya

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

LOL when talking to another guy I sometimes go into "Manly Man" mode hahaha !
    Thank you for adding the feminine side to the story :)
    Sedona and Mooji are wonderfull :)
    I'll drink to that, just no alcohol, it gets in the way of my meditation ;)

8. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Edwin, I love the wheat field/boulder analogy. I tried to explain brain plasticity to my kids using the example of a record (you know...put it on a turntable and it goes around...) and that led to a big involved conversation about records...This iPod generation is making things interesting! Anyway, I'm all for blowing up the boulder. Totally works for me. Thanks for the visual.

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks WeeHoo !

Actually Bhavya's more gentle approach has a nice (better ) ring to it :)
    Getting in touch with my feminine side :D

10. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Not better or nicer, just different

I would hesitate to label either method (dissolving the boulder vs blowing up the boulder) as "better" than the other. Different things work for different people. When I was a kid, my brothers and sisters and I blew up a lot of stuff and it was tons of fun, so I'm more disposed to take that path as a visual aid. Explosives = fun family memories = meditation progress for me, but obviously not for everyone.

11. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

This is a wonderful thread - thank you for all the valuable input Edwin and WeeHoo :D

12. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Well actually WeeHoo has a point. There are times when blowing something up seems appropriate! :p It depends on the nature of the obstruction :eek:

13. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Another EFT point

This harks back to the lengthy post Edwin made earlier in this thread, where he wrote "If you are aware of what emotion or feeling is getting in your way, try EFT or the Sedona method..." As mentioned here before, EFT works best if you can be really specific with it. But you can also use it to help yourself get specific. For instance, you would go through a round or two of tapping saying something like "Even though I'm feeling angry and frustrated and I'm not sure why, ... etc." and I would be willing to bet that a few rounds of tapping would bring the emotion in much sharper focus. Within a few minutes you'd probably be tapping on a deeper emotion than the one with which you started.

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

Brrr i really dont like level 9, or to be more specific...the emotions it brings up in me. Now i dont feel depressed anymore, but really angry and frustrated just like Ravo. I always stopped it after 20-30mins, but wanted to do the whole session today...pfff that was too much i think. Besides that, im always falling asleep and get really tired after 40mins of lvl9.

The good thing with that is, that its touching something in me, which i have to work on...but its...aargghh *gg*

Pan

15. Ras

Ras Member

I recently got lifeflow 9 after having usede LF 10 (and meditation without LF) for quite a while and havent experinced any frustration or anger...

I guess this is because i usede lifeflow 10 for such a long while first. Remember its not a race to get to lifeflow 1...dont be afraid to take a step back and stay with LF 10 untill you can reach the same state LF 10 brings you without the actual aid of LF... :)

16. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

LF10 for awhile yet..

Hi Rav and Pan,
    I really appreciated Edwin's great "essay" (his thoughts). I have placed the quote that deals with my "sleeping" with LF10. Just started getting more nightrest so it will be abit before I can go though all of LF10 without the zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. today I did advance further however :):):)
    I will be taking Edwin's advice and mixing in some (without LF) once I can cleanly get through LF10 "awake" (the body rest is pretty solid after dropping asleep on LF10 every time :):):))

I have no clue what LF9 sounds like but LF10 may just go for more than 2 months. As you Rav have mentioned...."it is not a race" :):):)

thanks all for great thread inputs!

take care

jim

17. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

EFT, Sedona and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

I recently got Pilot-type headphones and discovered that LF with them was more potent. I decided I'd go back to LF7 - my favourite (I was up to LF4) - and had a really deep experience. But since then it's been more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs than I'd like.

Falling asleep during meditation has been an issue for me ever since I started 28 years ago - not always, but periodically. Especially when life is too full or stressful. My take is that it's my ego's avoidance tactic. I'm not especially upset about it...what's the point of that? But as Edwin suggested, I'm turning in earlier and stepping back to just observe this phenomena.

EFT and Sedona work for me because it brings me to the question, do I actually choose to let go of something. I can talk the talk, but when it comes to an issue, am I actually going to release it? After all, what's stopping me but my own resistance? And am I going to let ego abort my meditation, or move on into a deeper connection?

It's a fascinating process. I can't wait to see how it comes out! :p

Bhavya

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hm gonna try LF10 and see if i also fall asleep with it...if so, then i really need more sleep :)

I have no problem with negative feelings, emotions or whatever - as long as something is happening and changing within me. In fact, im used to those feelings.

I dont see it like a race, getting from 10 to 1...but im always impatient with myself and want to push it harder and faster, and that never worked anyway lol.

Pan

19. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

And speaking of sleep, having posted that I'm falling.......asleep........during meditation, that just stopped after my last post. So nothing stays the same :p . What's that saying? Nothing permanent exists except impermanence itself :D

20. soulvids

soulvids Member

As always, great info! I've been meaning to ask this for quite some time. Is the strengthening of the connection between the left and right hemisphere of the brain limited to your meditation session or does it continue around the clock.