1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Former Holosync User

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by jcsisle, Nov 13, 2008.

1. jcsisle

jcsisle Member

I used Holosync for 18 months before changing to LifeFlow. When beginning with Holosync it was a wonderful experience. It was the first time I had really attempted to meditate and was successful. I feel that I gained alot from that program until I started using the 4th set of CD's, Awaking Level 3. I know that some irritation, upheaval is expected, but it started and never stopped. I decided to look for another program and after trying several decided on LifeFlow. The experience has been very good. I've also had some irritation and upheavel with this program also, but not to the extent and duration of Holosync.

Now my question is. I started with Lifeflow 10 and am now on 8. Can anyone tell me how the levels in Lifeflow compare with the levels in Holosync? I wanted to go through Lifeflow just as if I had never used another program. I also changed up the way that I was meditating. With Holosync I used the lotus position, now with Lifeflow I am using the program laying down right before I turn in for the night. For awhile I thought I was sleeping right through the whole 40 minutes, then I figured out that I am coming out of the meditation right before it's over or within a few seconds of completion. I sleep much better at night and dream more than I have done in years.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my Holosync.

JC

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

First, I have to set something straight. Even tho I have no experience with Holosync, the irritation you describe are related to meditation, not to an entrainment program. I don't think Holosync is to blame for your irritation.
    No entrainment program, nor Holosync nor LifeFlow has that kind of power over people's brain. You become irritated, not the program.

Usually this comes along when we try to control our feelings or the meditation itself, or some emotion is struggling to get out but you won't let it subconciously. Maybe you could elaborate the feeling a bit more ?

For as far as I know, they don't compare. I won't go into effectiveness of one over the other, because I don't feel comfortable with that, but they are made entirely differently from each other. The difference is fundamental !
    Sounds like the best thing to do in my opinion ! Please do try to use your emotions as a guidance system. Generally speaking, people use LifeFlow about a month up to 2 months before going to the next level. However one time I used one of the levels for a longer time, I think it was LifeFlow 2, just because it made me feel so good. If you feel Holosync has improved you so much that you might go to the next level sooner, you are also free to do so, but be carefull not to rush through it. So maybe going through LifeFlow as if you haven't used another program would be best indeed !

3. jcsisle

jcsisle Member

Thanks for responding. My irritation is very strange. It's like feeling antsy, somewhat depressed, but not having any reason to be so. A real downer feeling. I had this happen during each level of Holosync and I just felt it was something that was trying to resolve itself and eventually it would, but in Level 3 it just persisted for weeks. I thought maybe at first I might have moved up a level too fast, so I went back to Level 2 and worked with it for awhile, but the antsy was still there. I've experienced it with Lifeflow also, but it passes after a day or so.

JC

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks for elaborating. :)

It still sounds like some unresolved issue that needs to get solved.
    There is a chance that LifeFlow might have helped you allready with this, but if it were to happen again, please remember to just let go.

Let go of your resistance, let go of your expectations, let go of your feeling of negativity, just let go and accept whatever feeling you have.
    If you think the feeling is getting too strong, try to move back a little, observe it from a distance, and smile, both at yourself as well as at your feelings. If images or memories or whatever else comes up, accept it, smile at it, but don't get cought up in them. Allow them to pass by as if they are clouds in the sky, something that comes up and leaves without any interferance with you.

Please come back if this doesn't work or when you feel I completely got it wrong or missed the point.

Meditate every day :)

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

jcsisle,
    I've been experiencing some of this lately with LF#7. It seems to come and go. I had a rough weekend of it. We'll see how the week plays out. I've actually struggles with LF# 7 more than any others. The interesting thing is; I like listening to it more than any of the others.
    go figure,
    gus

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have the same with LF 5 actually, the sounds of the waves crashing onto the beach are supposed to be soothing, but for some reason they irritate me after a while, making me restless...

Guess we all have that sometimes. It is not always needed to look for a deeper meaning, sometimes we turn out to be just human ;)

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi JC,
    you're just gradually going down further with each LifeFlow C.D. to deeper levels condusive to meditation. It's important to stay at each level until you feel comfortable or normal with it and you notice improvements in your daily life (feel less stressed or calmer when things happen etc.)

When anything surfaces during or after meditation, if you sub-consciously resist whatever it is you may feel irritable or uncomfortable. Have you used the Discover Meditation course with the gratitude exercise on? Many people are amazed when they go back and give this a try - It can often be the missing link. I wish you peace and happiness :) :) :)

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

If you want to use the Gratitude music Pollyanna mentioned after your LF level, here is the link to download it:

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...initial-meditation-course-gratitude_music.zip

Michael generously made it public for us so we all can enjoy it.
    It really is good advice, the gratitude exercise is very powerfull !!!

9. shesgg

shesgg Member

My favorite is LF 7 as well. I am now on LF 4 and with each level, I get more happy and peaceful.

I have experienced that agitated feeling but I attributed it to going for more than a couple of days without meditating. If I start feeling stress, I know too much time has passed and I turn on the recording. If I can't meditate at the moment, I turn it on and have it repeat all day with the recording in the background.

Also, if you become complacent and drift off into your thoughts, don't focus on your breathing or just sleep all the time while listening, I feel that can contribute to the discomfort.

I don't enjoy falling asleep with the recording on, I love the deep breathing and focusing on meditational techniques rather than just allowing the thing to happen to you.

Lots of people feel that anything is ok but you can have a much better experience if you try different techniques.

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I guess I firmly believe as you do. I much prefer to be engaged while listening to the CD's in the morning. Mostly I either repeat a mantra or concentrate on the breath. I find either of these will allow me to stay in the moment and alert.
    I meditate regularly at 5:30 AM mostly while listening to LF but sometimes not. I always drift to sleep at night while listening to LF.
    I meditated for years before LF and always struggled with falling asleep at different times. It has only been since I came to LF that I use a mantra or breath concentration. It makes a huge difference.

gus

11. Tufty

Tufty Member

I too was a Holosync user for some 3.5 years and completed Purification Level 1 and put in huge, dedicated efforts with it all. I experienced horrendous upheavel throughout that time but persisted as I thought I would eventually resolve it all. I became disillusioned as I wasn't feeling any different, my issues weren't easing and when I heard Bill Harris say that everyone he meets who has completed the Awakening Levels is OK with the world I just shoke my head and said 'Well that's just not true for me.' I was far from OK.
    I am on LF6, first time around, and would say that in 4.5 months on Lifeflow I have progressed further than with Holosync. The technology is so far advanced with what I can feel it is doing to me, my confidence has massively increased along with my awareness. I have had some tough times with each level but because I feel I am actually getting somewhere this time I love listening. I am in overwhelm as I write this but am very used to these nervous system feelings now and can use EFT to smooth it out within a couple of hours.
    I would say that Michael has created something that in my opinion is so much more powerful, quicker, deeper, only 40 minutes long rather than 1 hour to 1.5 hours and along with Optimal Learning and Creative Flow (which still hit me hard) has to be the best available at the moment until technology advances yet again and I am very pleased I made the switch.
    I used to wonder how I would feel after 7 or 8 years on Holosync but now I wonder how I will be this time next year on Lifeflow and that is a massive difference in life quality.

12. Salahblr

Salahblr Member

I am glad to see that I was not the only one who could not live with Holosync. Although my attempts stopped when the bells at random continued to distract my concentration and peace. I find Life Flow much more peaceful and pleasant. I am a new user and have yet to experience an impact on my life. regards.

13. JimA

JimA Member

Switching from Holosync to LF

I am curious about making the change from Holosync to LF. I have used the Holosync Awakening Prologue for about four months and it feels like time to move to the next stage. However I am reluctant to continue with Holosync primarily because of its exorbitant cost. My question is, if making the switch to LF, is there a comparable level to begin with?

14. Tufty

Tufty Member

From my own experience the technology with Lifeflow is very different and gives the brain and the meridians stimulus quite unlike that of Holosync. I felt a real push even from just the demo so I would advise starting at Level 10 and see how you go with it. I love the fact that when you've been through all 10 levels you can go back and get deeper results with listening again to certain levels.

Michael apparently has been getting get results with level 7, Pollyanna has been getting great results from level 3 and the journey just seems to go deeper and deeper and you don't have to spend 7 to 10 years waiting to get to a reasonable point where you can say you actually feel different. It has taken just 4 months for me to suddenly realise that I am actually sleeping better every single night after maybe 25 years of nightmares occurring twice a week or so and pretty light sleep leaving me exhausted. Now I wake up earlier and have been asleep a lot deeper every night. That is a massive leap forward for me and am very encouraged for the future with what Lifeflow is offering.

The less expense is an added bonus but if something works it is worth every penny believe me after spending a small fortune on trying to improve my health.