1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

forehead pressure?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by mariasylvia, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mariasylvia

mariasylvia Member

Hello All

was wondering if any of you had forehead pressure when listening to LifeFlow?
    thanks!!

Maria

2. yesrod

yesrod Member

Yes but not like a headache. Kind of pleasant

3. suekerr

suekerr Member

Yes, I quite often feel a bit of pressure around my forehead and cheek bones / jaw bones. But pleasant, not painful.

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Sometimes when people start to meditate (or even some longer term meditators who haven't discovered otherwise), rather than relax and let the meditation happen, they believe they have to almost force their eyes shut and look upwards inside their head. This can cause a strain on the eye muscles, especially if attempted to be held for long periods such as the 40 minutes of lifeflow, and that strain will be felt as a headache or pressure in the head.

Personally, I've not found Lifeflow itself to be a cause of any physical issues like that.

Hugs

Giles

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Im using a blindfold for that case, so i dont need to care if my eyes are closed, half closed or open...works good for me.

6. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Yes, but not on the forehead.I get pressures from the top of the head and downwards.
    Daffodil2

7. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

I get you, I get a whirling feeling in my forehead, my third eye, which I just go with ... it is all part of my meditation, and makes me feel a connection. Whatever you feel, just go with it, it is your experience, don't feel it is bad, it isn't, go with the flow... and all will flow towards you, with you, for you, the universe is a wonderous thing.... :)

8. Brutus977

Brutus977 New Member

Embrace it

I've been meditating for some time now. I mainly use chakra and breathing techniques. I first experienced this sensation after the first time i did the kirtan kriya. It was cool to have something tangible I could observe. I'll tell you this. It's just the beginning of what you will experience if you choose to continue meditating. After a while I got to a point where my entire body felt like it was awash in a magnetic field. Then I found I could control it's intensity to specific areas just by focusing my awareness. Allot of this may depend on how healthy and how open your channels are. Diet and exercise are really important. I notice that when I eat clean and stay hydrated I feel like a big antenna. After thanksgiving dinner I felt almost numb. Too much heavy starch and fat.
    After noticing the sensation in for forehead try not focusing on it and breathing through it. The energies will start moving other places. For me it feels like little fingers squirming in my head. When I focus on my crown I get a sensation of something pulling /pushing through the top of my head. You may get sharp itches or pains at times. This is energy breaking through points that were once blocked. Anyway keep at it. It only gets better:D