1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

For people in the U.K.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Nov 4, 2010.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm sure November the 5th is going to prove enlightening and eventful :)

Before it all begins, here's a little tip to all in the U.K. As the 5th of November is also bonfire night there will be lots of fireworks and loud bangs which frightens lots of pets even though they are kept indoors.

You can help your pets stay calm by playing a LifeFlow track for them because they work wonderfully over speakers :)

If you don't have LifeFlow you can play the free track "Peace and Harmony" that Michael gave away recently.

Your loyal little friends will love you for this :)

Wishing you all an abundance of peace, joy and a truly enlightening day :) :) :)

2. rutart

rutart Member

Hi Pollyanna,

I'm not from the UK and unfortunately can't see bonfire night :( , sure it's fantastic!!!
    We've recently got a 2 months old puppy (originally English one :rolleyes:) and "Peace and Harmony" is his favorite one! I never saw such a calm and relaxed puppy :D :D :D. He sleeps downstairs and we put P&H every night before we go to bed :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Good advice Polly,

Fortunately, our cat is quite used to loud noises as his first night alone as a kitten was when there was a massive thunderstorm.

Looks like there may be a little too much rain here anyway, so maybe tomorrow or Sunday will be better.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Awwwww, what a lucky puppy to have such kind and thoughtful owners :)

Yes, as Giles kindly pointed out, the fireworks may stretch out over the week-end.

Much peace and joy to all :) :) :)

5. chris063

chris063 Member

We have a BEAUTIFUL view of other people's fireworks displays from our patio doors right now!!

Thank you for the reminder Pollyanna, about playing LifeFlow or Peace and Harmony, I don't have any pets at the moment but I DO have two little monsters who could most certainly do with settling down into some nice Peace and Harmony!!!

Hope you are keeping safe and well.

Much Light to you,

Chris :):):)

6. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

bonfire night and diwali

Thank you for your advice about pets. It is a great thing to do, to play some LF relaxing music for your pets, my golden retriever used to hide under the table on November 5th. But there are 3 other reasons for my post : I want to say 'Happy Diwali' to those also celebrating Diwali tonight. I have been lucky enough to enjoy some Diwali sweets that my neighbour brought round and have been wishing 'Happy Diwali' to many of my neighbours. I also watched a Diwali dance at my son's primary school which involved Asian, Black (African or West Indian) and white European children, it was great to see everyone involved, I had assumed (wrongly) that it would only be Asian children participating in the dancing. I was so glad that everyone was involved in this celebration and it had been explained to the children, as I found out from my son. Unfortunately it has rained here, but my son still enjoyed fireworks that his Dad set off in the rain, it was not hard rain fortunately. But I know that a lot of the other fireworks we saw were from those celebrating Diwali.

I also wish those celebrating Eid a 'Happy Eid' as it also 'Eid-Ul-Fitr'. I wanted to make sure I said the right thing to my Muslim neighbour so I said 'Happy Eid' when I saw him this evening and he said 'Happy Diwali', so we are all celebrating here!

We are lucky also that the fire-fighters, who were on strike, decided to go back to work tonight so that everyone is safe, so thanks to them too! (This was a London-based strike only). I was worried that there would be serious casualties, so thanks to the fire-fighters everyone here could relax and enjoy their fireworks, for whatever reason they were celebrating.

But yes the ones not celebrating will be the animals who do not understand why there are all these loud bangs, as humans we can appreciate that people are celebrating something, even if it is blowing up parliament and not a celebration of a religious festival. Pollyanna, has, as usual, come up with the best advice and I thank you Pollyanna, from my green leather sofa (P will get this, those who don't - I wished for a leather sofa and got one when my neighbour wanted to get rid of theirs), this is tinged with sadness now, as the lady who gave it to me has now died.

I have another story about that regarding meditating. When my friend Dolores was diagnosed with stomach cancer that was terminal I developed such bad neck ache that I couldn't move my neck or arm and ended up in A & E, she died three weeks later. My physiotherapist said that I had two nerves down my arm which were jarring due to neck problems. Strange, you may think as I have been doing yoga for 20 years. Yes, I have reasons for neck pain, carrying too much shopping, studying late into the night on a lap-top, but it developed at this time. The night that she passed on I meditated for her (on her, thinking of her) til 3 a.m., she died at 3.20 a.m. The next day I had no neck pain WHATSOEVER and total movement, this is someone who had to take codeine to function, someone who doesn't normally take painkillers. I was using heat wraps permanently and taking strong painkillers all day and night every day and night, apart from this day. Think on that ... I have only one answer ... meditation is good.

This post has ended up going much further than I thought, but there you are, life is not simple, but if we trust in the universe we will get the answers we desire, we just need to then believe that they are true. Then work on it. Do it everyday. So yes, I sit on my green sofa, tinged with joy for Dolores. xxx:):):):):):)

P.S. My meditation was based on Lifeflow but I was using a mantra from 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead', I used this mantra when my Dad passed on, which was coincidental, is anything coincidental? I don't think so, I say that because it seemed so, I had started to use the mantra and found out later it was the mantra the Tibetan Buddhists use on the passing of someone. The universe works in mysterious ways ...

7. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

bonfire night and diwali and eid

By the way, when I said I meditated for my friend until 3 a.m. I was not meditating all the time, it was interspersed with reading 'The Tibetan Book of The Dead', I was not solely meditating for hours on end. I could not manage to do that! I thought that my words were rather inaccurate; however meditating, one could say, is not clearing the mind but concentrating the mind, focusing, that is what I did that night/morning.

Happy meditating, diwali, eid, bonfire night to everyone, whatever you are doingl! x

8. M L K

M L K Member

Purplevibe,

Your friend Dolores was fortunate indeed to have you "accompany" her as she approached death. I have no doubt you helped ease her transition.

And now, best wishes as you celebrate your holidays in this life. Margaret

9. purplevibe

purplevibe Member

thank you for your lovely thoughts, I hope so too. x

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Sorry to hear about your friend Trish, though it is lovely to hear from you :)When I read about your carrying heavy shopping it reminded me of a time when I was divorced with 2 little chidren, no car, no washing machine etc. and a long walk carrying heavy plastic shopping bags that almost cut into my hands. Yet, like you, I was grateful for my children and the dream I had to create a better life for them.

Three decades on, (it seems like three or more lifetimes ago), I have a wonderful and kind husband and each of my children have kind and loving partners. I have granchildren who bring so much joy everyday. I hope your studies and exams continue to go well for you and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. I imagine how ever well you do, you'll always have a place for your green sofa from Delores ;)