1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Follow your heart......

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Ariel, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Ariel

Ariel Member

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a new book for myself called Follow Your Heart by Andrew Matthews also the author of Being Happy. Both great books.

It promotes "Your mission in life is not to be WITHOUT PROBLEMS - YOUR mission is to GET EXCITED".

Follow your heart is a simplified version of many books. It mentions the law of attraction, Meditation, positive thinking and so on. It is a great book to start you off. I find some books a little too deep or head mashing but this was AMAZING.

I really do recommend it to anyone looking for a little inspiration down their road to success.

I am starting my own business and it really gives me a boost of confidence, hope and inspiration.

A little write up about the book:-

THE BOOK IS ABOUT....
    Doing what you love.
    Dealing with bills and broken legs.
    Discovering your own power.
    Finding peace of mind.
    Dealing with disasters.
    Not blaming your mother.

IT'S ABOUT....
    How HAPPY people think.
    Why RICH people make money, even by accident.
    What LOSERS do, and how not to be like them.

It has humor which makes it light reading making it easy to pick up and read a few pages or a 100 whatever takes your fancy.

I really wanted to write a post about it and also find out what other people’s favorite books are and how they helped them??

Great to be around like minded people. I just love it ;)

Look forward to you replies and recommendations.

Have an outstanding day :cool:

Ariel x

2. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

The Power of Now

I'm just finishing up my first ever read of The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Revolutionary for me. Do a search on him in YouTube. I'm sure you'll want to check out more of his material after you do. I found myself peacefully saying "Yes!" or "Wow" to everything he talks about. A modern mystic without doubt. (and I'm a poet and don't even know it - lol)

Just finished Siddhartha. Very enjoyable.

Before that . . . The Last Days of Socrates by Plato. Boring. Socrates wasn't as wise as western culture makes him out to be.

Before that . . . An American Mystic by Michael Gurian. !!! LOVED it! INSPIRING!

Please, let me know what you think about Eckhart Tolle. Anyone out there familiar with him?

Joshua

P.S. Thanks for starting this thread. Good on ya mate!

3. Julielz

Julielz Member

Good Ole Joshua... we meet again.

LOVE Eckhart Tolle. Read him years ago when Oprah first jumped on his train. True soul living life as an infinite meditation. I pass this book along to so many. What a gift, eh?

I am reading:

Reluctant Healer - David Elliott
    A Course in Miracles

-and-

Science of Mind - Ernest Holmes

All good reads. I need something light, though. Any recommendations?

Mucho Love, Julie

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Ariel,
    I have also read "Being Happy" and will no doubt read "Follow your heart" in the future. I am a great believer in keeping things simple and not complicating things and "being happy" is a great example. Wow you have a whole life ahead of you to read some great books. Joy and happiness to you :) :) :)

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

The Power of Now

Hi Joshua,
    if it's as good as the title indicates it's got to be amazing. I'll let you know when I have read it. Happiness and joy and the power of now to you :) :) :)

6. Andrew

Andrew Member

Good Ol' Dale

I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie several years ago, in junior high. I didn't retain a lot of specific information from it, and haven't read it since, but the book resonated to me, and in a way I didn't quite realize at the time, it helped mold my view of interacting with people in a profound way. You know the one guy who always seems to be able to make friends with anyone and everyone, and within five minutes of meeting someone is talking to them like they're an old friend? That's me. And much of that comes from Mr. Carnegie. Sadly, I have friends who casually deal out insults without a second thought, justifying it because "well, it's true..." and then wonder why everyone seems out to get them.

I'm a joyful person--even my personal rune is Wunjo, the rune of joy--and I've come to an understanding that happy people are naturally friendly...and that, if you care to become a happier person, learning to interact well with others is a great step in that direction.

In short, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is truly a must-read.

7. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

I agree Andrew. Dale Carnegie wrote a masterpiece. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's still in the top 10 of the 'most books sold' ever.

Timeless classic, no doubt about that! Michael :)

8. Ariel

Ariel Member

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

I think I will have to give this book my attention. Thank you for the recommendation.

Keep them all coming. I have now started reading Being Happy also by Andrew Matthews. I have read this book a few years ago and I loved it. It again was so simple and in many ways explained to me the way I was living back then. The book explained how it was all down to me to change it.

I really love how everyone is helping each other out in the community its really great. I know I keep saying it but its true – I love being around like minded people. Meditation, positive thinking and feeling good are as important as eating and sleeping.
    If we are not HAPPY then I’m sure that can’t be healthy.

Keep smiling

Have a great weekend ;)

Ariel

9. ferrigno

ferrigno Member

These books are must reads:

1. "Practising the Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

2. "The Inner Art of Meditation" by Jack Kornfield (audio book)

3. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

4. "Roots of Buddhist Psychology" by Jack Kornfield (audio book)

5. "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie

6. "Buddhism without Beliefs" by Stephen Batchelor

10. Edwin

Edwin Member