1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Fluoride

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Panthau, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi,

I´ve been reading some nasty things about this stuff, that it makes people will-less and that its very toxic.

Any experiences or ideas?

Pan

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

In the 70's researchers in the US found out that there was a town in the US where the number of cavaties and other teeth related problems were a lot less compared to the rest of America.

They found out that the spring used for the town's watersupply contained a higher amount of natural fluoride due to the type of rock in that area.
    Pretty soon, the government ordered all watercompanies to add fluoride to their watersupply.
    However, other researchers soon found out that there was a lot more risk of cancer in that specific town where it all started.

After more research it was discovered that fluoride causes cancer, and watercompanies were forced to undo their efforts.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Interesting. Ive read that the U.S. the drinkwater contains extra Fluoride.
    And that also a lot of different psychopharmaka contains it, as it weakens the willpower.

Weird!

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

So what you are suggesting is that US citizens had more willpower before they had fluoride added to their water ? ;)

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

I honestly have no clue. Im just finding a lot of resources on the inet talking about toxic stuff in our daily food. On one hand im curios whats true about that, on the other hand i wonder how one could avoid this (besides living as a hermit and plant your own food).

So you have no worries about these things? I didnt found any whole-grain bread in any supermarket in holland, so maybe the dutchman dont worry that much about their food? :D

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am more worried about taste enhancers, like Monosodiumglutamate ( MSG ) also known in Europe as E621.

In small dosages it is considered quite harmless. However, in large dosages, it has quite a lot of negative effects on our body.
    However, there are a lot of products that have this additive in it, and if you are not careful, it might be that the dosage might get too high.

Also diet sweeteners can have negative effects on the body. Since people don't want to get fat, but still want to savour their sweet tooth, they buy products with diet sweeteners. For instance, aspartam, supposively harmless, is actually a neurotoxin used in chemical warfare. But in very small dosages it tastes quite sweet. Now if you constantly buy diet products, what harm are you causing to your system ?

Other diet sweeteners may not be as harmful as aspartam, but they do actually make you gain weight, just like taste enhancers btw.

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

I have read something about Aspartam. So we´re feeding our body daily with stuff that destroys our DNA, makes us sick, weakens our willpower and fogs our consciousness. These taste enhancers, like Glutamat, lets our brain think that that, what we eat, tastes stronger then it is.

Sounds all like a big nightmare. Even if i use fluoride free toothpaste and jodine and fluorid free salt, theres still enough of this stuff in our normal food...seems like no escape.

Btw, im using Stevia as a sugar alternative (Crystal Stevia with 30% laevulose).

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

That is somewhat of a wrong assumption.

Let me make a bold statement:

Poison doesn't exist.

First of all: What is poison ? We call a substance that causes harm to our bodies poison.

There is no substance that as a single molecule is able to bring harm to our body.
    Some of the most poisonous substances might be going through your body this very instance, without your body noticing any effect.
    It is not the substance itself, but the dosage.

Given the right dosage, cucumbers or brussel sprouts might be poisonous. Unlikely, but still...

Every substance that can be found on earth, can be found in your body. There is no escaping that. Some substances are needed in your body, and some of these substances are extremely harmfull when consumed in too high dosages. Like salt for instance. On the other hand, every scientist sais that salt in too high dosages like we eat as westerners, is bad for your body, and in Japan the diet is extremely salt, and they are the healthyest people on the planet. Go figure.

You don't have to worry about never eating a certain substance ever again.
    Just try to be conscious about the dosages.
    For instance, don't chew sugarfree gum all day, or drink 3 bottles diet cola a day. I stay away from diet products as much as I can, but won't refuse a glass when it is offered to me. And I have been known to chew gum before an important business meeting so I won't have to worry about my breath when I am talking to the customer. But I won't do that all day !

Fluoride too is a natural, normal chemical that can be found everywhere. Who knows, it might even be healthy in the right dosage.:cool:

9. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yup, of course thats a point. Its just that sodium floride does even in smallest doses, taken over a longer period, produce certain deseases and other not so good results, such as calcification of the pineal gland. This isnt something new, so its hard to understand why usa and western europe still do fluoride in the drinkwater.

Have you read about the neurodermatitis thing? A german guy has found a cure (there were several clinical trials) for it in the early ´90s
    but no pharma concern wanted to produce it. In fact, they wanted to buy it of off the guy,
    but not produce it, so they can sell their own morbid stuff. Healthy people do bring no money!
    The guy who found the cure was mobbed so hard, he nearly died.

Now that there have been a coverage about this from a broadcast station in germany, a small pharma group started to produce this stuff,
    its available now in austria, germany and switzerland. Dunno about other countrys, i think they will follow.

The funny thing about that is, that this cure contains only vitamin b12, an emulsifier and avocado oil. Any adverse effects
    are nearly completly impossible. Anyone with dermal problems should try this stuff.

Regividerm

Heres the coverage, although in german: DasErste - Reportage / Dokumentation: 'die story': Heilung unerwünscht

10. vagitoe

vagitoe New Member

http://www.fluorideresearch.org/backissues.pdf
    From this collection of scientific journals (I had to keep an encylopedia open the whole time so I could comprehend what I was reading.) I learned that fluoride can weaken bones, act as a carcinogen, cause alzehiemers and inhibit growth in children under the age of six if received in sufficient doses.

The Flouride Debate | Question 16 | How much is needed?
    I also found that the dosage of 0.05 mg/kg/day was a tolerable amount of fluoride, but we receive well over a full gram of fluoride a day. This means that a 88 pound (40kg) child could consume 10 mg of fluoride a day as a tolerable upper intake level.

Skeletal Fluorosis - Chemical & Engineering News
    I found that there is a disease called "Skellital Fluorosis." Skeletal fluorosis is almost unknown in countries that actively put fluoride in their water, though. There are only about a dozen cases reported in the United States ever. It is usually causes by severe fluoride contamination or by inhalation of fluoride laden smoke in factories - never by government controlled fluoridation of water.

Fluoridated Water: Questions and Answers - National Cancer Institute
    I found that fluoride is very unlikely to be a carcinogen in humans unless it is taken in high doses - much higher than you can normally consume without making toothpaste a part of your diet.

http://www.hopkinsmn.com/services/water/pdf/water-quality2004.pdf
    Acourding to the 2004 Drinking Water Report, the maximum amount of fluoride allowed in water is 4.0 ppm (parts per million). I did some calculations, and I think that the maximum amount anyone is getting is about 5 grams a day - an amount that even a 2 year old would find tolerable.

So that is what I found. There is just so much out there about fluoride on both sides that I wonder why there isn't a bigger controversy about this.

Then it occurred to me.

If fluoride "makes people will-less" as you say, then perhaps the reason that there is so little debate over fluoride is actually a direct result of its effects on the mind. I tried looking up some credible information about it, but all I could find were wild, unverifiable claims about Nazis and Communists using fluoride to try and control people, Colgate actually being a secret wing of the government, and Aluminium companies making fluoride a "legal pollutant". So, consider the mind control angle plausible but unlikely.

11. JCG

JCG Member

Hi, could anyone help me in finding out wether the anti depressant remeron/mirtazapine contains fluoride.

Thankyou :)

12. Edwin

Edwin Member