1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

First two weeks of Life-flow and Anxiety

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by rbjazztp, Apr 22, 2009.

1. rbjazztp

rbjazztp Member

Hi,
    My name is Richard. I am new to the forum as well as Life-flow. Having dealt with severe anxiety/phobias (off and on) for 20+ years, I decided to give Life-flow a try.
    I started listening to Life Flow 10 for 40 minutes(w/headphones) on Friday April 10th (while falling a sleep) and have been listening each night while falling a sleep since.
    I have also been listening to Life flow fully awake with speakers while doing my Daily affirmations. I have not started to Meditate yet. In the last few days I have noticed an increase of Anxiety and feelings of confusion/"spaceyness" Should I continue listening to Life-flow 10 as I have been (bedtime and morning w/affirmations)? Will these emotions release/dissolve on their own or is their something I should/could do to help release them. Thanks!
    All the best,
    Richard

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

It's very likely that the Lifeflow is bringing up emtional issues that you have been holding onto and supressing (or repressing). As such, it is your ideal opportunity to recognise what these issues relate to and deal with them.

Ok, it's easier said than done and there's a multitude of things you could have a go with to help.

Continuing to use Lifeflow and to do meditation will be beneficial as this will help to still the mind and bring the brain into balance. I'm not sure about using Lifeflow with speakers as this will not allow for the binaural beats to work correctly or accurately. I'm no expert on binaural beats but I do know that it's important for the sound from left and right speakers to be reaching each ear at the same time otherwise it will alter the effect. As such, I don't know if having the sounds of of synchronisation has any adverse effect or not. That's one for the experts in that area to answer methinks. ;)

One thing you could look up to help with emotions, anxieties, phobies etc. is EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). You can download the manual for this for free from EFT Home - World Center for EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) (the founders website) and very quickly start treating yourself for some of the issues. If you give this a go and you're stuck, don't understand something or just need some advise, feel free to ask on here and I'll see if I can provide some online help, although you will find lots of examples and free advice on the emofree website too.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Hugs

Giles

3. rbjazztp

rbjazztp Member

Anxiety/First two weeks

Thanks Giles,
    Much appreciated. I have started working with The Sedona Method in addition to Lifeflow. Thanks for the tip on the headphones verses speakers. A few questions: Can I simply listen to the Lifeflow recording(level 10 w/headphones)) while falling asleep each night and gain max benefits? Also, can I listen during the day occasionally in place of bedtime listening. Is once a day enough? Any thoughts on doing affirmations while listening to Lifeflow?
    Thanks Again/Best,
    Richard

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

You will not gain anything from the early levels of LifeFlow while you are actually sleeping, although you may benefit from the time until you fall asleep.

During sleep, the brain by itself produces synchronized waves that are deeper than alpha. If you are still running the alpha soundtract, part of your brain is locked to this and it cannot move on to the deeper levels until the track has ended. So if you fall asleep quickly, the soundtrack could do more harm than good.

It is much better to listen in the morning, if possible. Our sleep is made up of 90 minute cycles, in which we first move down gradually to the deepest level (delta, dreamless sleep) and then gradually up to REM (vivid dreams). The first of these cycles is the deepest. As the night goes on, more and more time is spent in REM. This sleep is also important, but getting too much of it will leave you exhausted, as it is similar to waking life, not synchronized. So if at all possible, it is better to get up 40 minutes earlier and spend that time listening. It will leave you less tired and you will gain the full benefits.

5. rbjazztp

rbjazztp Member

Thankyou~

Thanks Itlandm,
    I am on Day 3 of listening to level 10 in the morning (with headphones) while awake. So far so good. I simply should sit with eyes closed and relax, right? Should I do any type of affirmation i.e inhale Peace, exhale Love
    All the best,
    Richard

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Have you downloaded the free meditation course from this site? It is best if you can use the meditation technique whilst using lifeflow, although lifeflow will work to some extent if you just relax too.

;)

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Richard and welcome to the community. LifeFlow has been specifically designed to enhance and dramatically speed up the process of meditation which has its own unique benefits that you won't gain in any way other than by entering into a meditative state.

However, there are many benefits to be gained by LifeFlow outside of meditation. You can read about these in ongoing support emails you should be receiving, "The Good Life" which Michael sends out every 2 weeks or various threads within the community.

I recommend the fast- track to everyone which begins with the free course "Discover Meditation" It really is very simple and Michael talks you all the way through this.

There is also the gratitude exercise within this which is extremely beneficial.

LifeFlow has the unique audio technology that allows benefits to be enjoyed by listening sometimes with headphones and sometimes over speakers.

If you begin with Discover Meditation, then meditate with LifeFlow 10 once a day, you could also play LifeFlow 10 or Optimal Learning while you do your affirmations at bedtime or upon awakening.

Hope this helps Richard, let us know how you progress. Peace and joy :) :) :)