1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

First time with Life Flow 10

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by The Rainbow Ray, Apr 9, 2009.

1. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

Hello everyone I am new to the community and tried life flow 10 yesterday before bed for the first time. When I was done meditating however I had an awful time trying to fall asleep for the first 15 min after the meditation. There was a ringing in both of my ears and it was extremely LOUD. Does anyone know why this was happening? It is very strange.
    Also I have a bad back and at one point it got really really sore and then it began fading. Is this some kind of a resisitance? Or maybe I have tension and stress stored in those places and it was slowly releasing it?:confused:
    Any input to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Welcome Rainbow Ray
    How loud did you have Lifeflow playing? If you have it down low you shouldn't have any ringing afterward.
    It can take a bit of experimentation to find a comfortable position to meditate in. I also have a sore back so I sit in a chair with strategic cushions placed so my back is in alignment. I find sitting better than lying down so I can stay alert and focused.

And yes, sometimes healing can take place so that pain dissipates after a peak. Everyone's different and further explorations will help you know if this is the case. As far as not being able to fall asleep for 15 minutes, sometimes meditation can energize so if that's the case with you, just time your meditations differently to take advantage of that.

The thing to remember is that Lifeflow isn't going to do anything bad to you. It's a tool to help you concentrate. It'll help you relax and center while balancing your left and right brain. People have different experiences depending on what they've suppressed and how they're living, but whatever comes up is already a part of you. It'll help if you learn to trust yourself and your ability to handle whatever arises. The way Michael has put together the different levels will gently lead you to experience deeper and deeper states. You're in control of how fast you want to move through those levels. I think you'll find the process a very positive one because it'll lead you to your inner spiritual center.

Wishing you joy on your journey :)
    Bhavya

3. mparguey

mparguey Member

Hi Rainbow Ray and welcome,

If you have the tones in your ears......rejoice! You are raising your own vibrational energies!:D

I started to get "ringing" in my ears when I first started to meditate. I was told that it was the sound of my own vibrational energies rising higher. If you listen carefully, you will notice that it is not just one tone but a series of frequencies. Sometimes just for fun or when I need to re-center myself; I listen to the tones and try to divide them. (ex. in one ear I try to hear only the low tones then with my other ear, I'll listen to the high tones, then I will bring the tones together in the center and hear only one unified sound). I find after meditation the energies vibrate at a higher speed and frequency than they did before I meditated.

At first, I too found it to be very annoying and alittle unsettling especially when the tones were so loud that it interfered with my day. I even went to the doctors who told me that there wasn't anything wrong with my hearing. A friend of mine who is a very spiritual person and who has been meditating for many years told me what it was that I was hearing. So now I either control the volume or I investigate (play) with them. Now, at night while I am laying in bed or when I'm really stressed, I listen for them and find them to be a real comfort.:eek:

Much love and light,
    mparguey

4. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

I get a sort of throbbing in my ears when listening to lifeflow, but nothing unpleasant.

Heather

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

welcome Rainbow Ray

LifeFlow has a different affect on different people. You may try meditating with LifeFlow at a different time of day. Like Bhavya said meditation tends to be energizing as well as relaxing. Meditation is actually closer to inactivity than sleeping is from what I've heard.
    If you have back issues you may end up with some discomfort in your back as some things tend to manifest themselves in our weaker spots until released. But as Bhavya has already stated; LifeFlow will not hurt you. It can really only help and compliment whatever program of action you have in place already. It seems to make the brain more dynamic. Micheal has a bunch of very good information available on the forum to help understand how LifeFlow works with your efforts to enhance your wellbeing in many ways.
    Go here to read more.

gus

6. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

I have had ringing in my ears for a very long time. It is usually at a very low level though. I have heard that this ringing is your vibration being raised and sometimes have also heard that it is your angels or guides speaking to you. I just have never had it at the intensity or volume as when I was finished listening for the first time. I haven't experienced it since but have been falling asleep every time that I have listened to the meditation. I know that it is more beneficial to stay awake through this but have had a hard time finding the time earlier in the day. Am I still recieving benefits if I am sleeping through it? :confused:

7. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

Am I still receiving benefits if I fall asleep during my meditations? :eek::confused:

8. Grey

Grey Member

you are receiving the benefit of sleep. if you want the benefits of meditation you have to be in a state of meditation. there is no substitute.

9. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Falling Asleep with LifeFlow

Hi Grey,
    The rational behind Lifeflow guided meditation is that practicing meditation with Lifeflow allows conscious awareness as we advance slowly from Alpha through to Delta. This stated as the very, very much preferred use of Lifeflow.
    Yet, does not the fact that the balanced left-right brain wave entrainment effect alone that "steers" our brain waves for the length of the tracks (from roughly the 8 minute point onward) still provide a cetain degree of benefit?

Would not people that fall asleep at night not be able to at a later point of time then meditate starting from the beginning with LifeFlow10 and still fall asleep with any of the levels that they have thus far reached?
    If people fall asleep the brain will have still had the gradual exposure to the entrainment levels thus allowing a "pre-conditioning" before further mediation effort is applied down the road.

My point is that there are still benefits to taking this approach since we should view LifeFlow as a useful product for the rest of our lives. There really is no hard and fast rigid rules that need to be applied with Lifeflow as we should view all levels as a musician applies scales.

My thoughts are that if there is a benefit of brain entrainment should be the case.

Others thoughts???

take care all

jim

10. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

I thought with life flow even if you fell asleep you would still have some benefits even if it isn't all the benefits if you were stay awake. Seems we are cut down the middle. Does anyone else have any input?:eek:

11. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I think Rainbow Ray . . .

I tend to agree with Grey; benefiting from meditation requires meditation I think; not sleep. However, there are benefits from LF that have nothing to do with meditation; these benefits continue to lend themselves even during sleep from what Micheal says.
    Meditation and LF are two different things. They can benefit each other but they can each have their own effect alone also.

Sleep is good too! I'm a nap guy!

gus

12. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

During sleep, we already naturally produce synchronized brain waves. In the case of night sleep, the brain fairly quickly moves down into theta and delta waves, so if you are still using alpha waves, it would be a bad idea to put on headphones before going to sleep! Your brain would stay entrained to the alpha instead of the deeper layers it would reach naturally.

But when it comes to a catnap while you are meditating in a sitting position, you are not likely to descend to the slower brain waves, and you still get the effect until you fall asleep and after you wake up, so in that case it would be better than nothing.

By the same logic, one should not take time from sleep to do beginner-level meditation, but look for some other activity to borrow time from. More advanced meditators have a naturally lower need for sleep. You will notice that when it comes, as you wake up refreshed before the alarm goes off.

13. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

Even if I fell asleep it would not keep my brain at alpha all night long because the track would end. The weird thing is I usually wake up when it is done. I am getting better at staying awake through it :)

14. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

When I don't recommend listening to alpha at bedtime, it is because the first natural sleep cycle is the deepest of the night. Each sleep cycle lasts for about 90 minutes, so you would only mess up the first part of it, but why do even that? There are so many other hours in the day. Personally I do my main binaural listening straight after I get up in the morning. It gives a gentle transition from sleep to wakefulness and works as a buffer toward the chaos of the coming day. And even if you catnap during that time, you would still have the entrainment going and could continue as soon as you became aware again.

15. The Rainbow Ray

The Rainbow Ray Member

The reason that I do it before bed is because that is the only free time I have in my day to do it. I have two small children at home ... I can't tune out for 40 min and leave them to their own devices lol. So when they are in bed is the time I have to do it. I will keep in mind when they are older that it is better not to do it right before bed.

16. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

When you have kids . . .

You gotta do what you can do; right Rainbow!;)

gus