1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

First experience (real experience)

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by ellisd, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ellisd

ellisd Member

Hi yall im matt, I recently got into meditation, few weeks ago started with holosync prologue, thought that first step was powerful and deep until I just tried this life flow 2.0 lvl 10, I tried the sample first (15 min) and loved it! got me deeper than the 30 minute holosync file, felt much better.

Today I got the hour version of lifeflow 10, within 10 or 15 minutes i was so relaxed, I could only make it to 30 minutes, I was getting some weird spinning feeling and vertigo, its like the feeling when your about to fall asleep I suppose, but its only entraining to alpha, thats what i dont understand...I felt like i was in delta, my breathing was very slow and extremely relaxed...

was spinning first, then felt like I was below my body and above my body...? that was insane, had to stop at 30

other than that im extremely impressed with this program. THank you lifeflow people :)

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Greetings! I wanted to respond since I too have used both Holosync and LifeFlow. Just a small warning: Don't run a full schedule of both of them in the beginning. I did that when I first got LifeFlow and had some funky experiences, including a couple really scary dreams. It's easy to get excited and over-meditate at first, but it is best to build up for a while. After all, your brain has to grow new connections to take advantage of the new experience, and this can take from days up to a few weeks.

It is normal to have various strange experiences while meditating, even if you do it right. This is short-term and should stop when you stop the session. This comes from your awareness being freed from the usual stuff it does, and latching onto mind-objects you are usually not aware of, like bodily sensations and subconscious stuff. It can be pleasant or unpleasant, but it will change over time. So don't worry about it. You will be able to meditate for longer after a while, if you want to. But meditating regularly is more important than the length of each session.

It will be interesting to hear from you about your progress over time. I hope you will enjoy it greatly and notice improvement in many parts of your life!

3. ellisd

ellisd Member

hi!

Well im not doing both holosync and lifeflow even though ive heard of some dude doing both (one in morning and other in evening) but I dont wanna meditate that long, I cant even do the full hour of lifeflow yet, 2 days in, I did 30 minutes first day and 45 the other, to be honest, I get extremely bored just sittin there, I concentrate on my breathing and repeat "Clear mind or mind is clear"

Im guessing that works as a mantra, or is mantra all about the sound vibrations??

I repeat the phrase strictly in my head.

My mind wanders like crazy, but ive heard of a meditation technique called "Mindfullness meditation" where you concentrate on breathing and let your mind wonder, has its benefits just like transcedental.

Im hoping I will gradualy get up to the hour but take my time with it.

thanks for your response itld :)