1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Finally a statement from me.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Edwin, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Almost everybody in this forum knows me, as I am one of the more active members.

I have been a part of this community from the beginning, but this is the first time I post inhere.
    I never felt I would be able to tell my success story before.

This is because, even tho my meditation sessions became more and more magical throughout the year, it didn't feel like success yet, and this has all to do with the rocky year I have been going through.
    My wife had a miscarriage, the business was failing, all my efforts for the LOA seemed to fail, bills bills bills...

I felt that all the things in my life kept me from being really successfull in meditation somehow.
    I kept trying to evolve, learning new abilities like the Sedona and EFT method, and my meditations improved.
    For about 10 months they gave me more relaxation, but not much more than just that: It helped me relax.

Why this post then ?
    Did my troubles go away ?
    Did something happen during my meditations ?

Yes and no !

Ever since I started meditating for an hour, I have found the deep Calm that all long-time meditators talk about.

I walk around all day without worries !
    I still have situations and issues like everybody else that need attention for me to solve them, but they don't bother me like they used to .

The amazing feeling of Calm seems to pour from my body, I feel like everything around me is in pure harmony with my vibration level ( don't know how else to describe it ).

This feeling is supposed to happen after years and years of mediation if I must believe the several Guru's in our world.
    I must conclude that I have an edge on them, something that has speeded the process.

I can only conclude that it was LifeFlow that got me there !

Michael Mackenzie, thank you for changing my life competely.
    I am a new person now, I feel reborn thanks to you !

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Edwin, I am so delighted to read of your calm and happiness! Yes, it's LF but it's also you and all the effort you've been putting into your spiritual path. :):):) There will always be challenges in our lives but when we can return to the source, that which lies beyond the mind and its programming, we can realize how those challenges are just like the wind, blowing dust across the vast expansiveness that we are.
    Wishing you continuing joy on your journey and many blessings for your wife and family
    Love
    Bhavya

3. Grey

Grey Member

synergy with Michael's meditation technique

Michael's meditation technique is so simple and natural. it seems to compliment the life flow tracks perfectly. i feel a synergy between the life flow tracks and this particular meditation technique and i could never have afforded the fee charged by the TM organization to learn the technique. thank you Michael for freely sharing this form of meditation.

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Blessings Edwin; it is well deserved.
    LifeFlow is truly wonderful.

Gus

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks guys ! :)

I know it isn't just LifeFlow, I have tried so very hard to meditate every day for almost a year now.

But I still feel I wouldn't have reached this state on my own in such a relatively short timespan. Maybe LF1 has something to do with it, I started it about 3 weeks ago...

I don't want to over-analyse it, I just want to feel it like I do now :)

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Edwin, my spirit felt a deep sense of emotion and joy as I read about your progress (and also overcoming your challenges) We all need to find and help others find the true inner peace and happiness that is within us all, waiting to be re-discovered. I am so very happy for you.

Because meditation is progressive, I think of it like "priming the pump" of the old water well.

Suppose a group of people were making a long journey and were very thirsty. They came accross an old water pump and began to work the pump up and down again and again but no water came out (however it is coming up the pipe in the ground, but because this is not seen, many will walk away thinking the well is dry.

Some stay on and as they stop priming the pump, to argue whether they are wasting their time and complain of how thirsty they are, the water recedes back into the ground.

As they continue stopping and starting priming the old water pump, the water keeps coming up and going back down and no result is seen, although if they had been consistant and persisted priming the pump the water would have begun to come out in little spurts at first and then it would begin to flow easily.

You have been consistant and persistent Edwin and I have seen you celebrate other peoples successes before you have succeeded yourself and I admire and respect you for that and I celebrate your much deserved success.
    I wish you an abundance of inner peace and happiness on your continuing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

7. Imed

Imed Member

Wow, that is so wonderful, I'm very happy for you Edwin. I bet if Buddha heard your story, he would be jealous because it took him many many years of searching before he was able to get to where you were. If only he had lifeflow :D. Anyways, I'm very happy for you and I hope you can continue in your consistency and experience even greater things. I have read somewhere (probably one of Tolle's books) that the vastness of what you are feeling has no depth, so you will always be able to improve and go deeper and deeper. Continue on your spiritual journey and don't let outside things affect. They are not real (but that's for another discussion).

Love,
    Eric

8. SoulRider

SoulRider Member

Edwin,

I must first start by saying my spirit is touched by yours. I am currently downloading the Meditations CD's and the sample LifeFlow track.

My Google search was for "instruction on meditation" and of all the results on the first page I was drawn to this site, after reading all about LifeFlow, I decided to read the forums. This is the first post I have read, and my spirit is gladened by both your wonderful story, and the genuine heartfelt appreciation and messages that have been left in response.

I have known for many years that meditation was the path, but I always convinced myself that I didn't know how to meditate. Todays search was to find a way for me to dispose of that truth, and make a new truth for myself, that I do know how to meditate.

I feel this site will enable me to realise that truth.

Thankyou Edwin and all my kin that I am yet to meet.

Andy
    x

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks for your kind words Pollyanna and Imed, I can sense the true emotion behind your words and they are like a cozy warm blanket wrapped around me :)

Great story btw Pollyanna !

I don't think I have reached the Buddha's level yet Imed, but this great experience of finding peace certainly is a present that motivates me to persivere :)

Who knows, enlightenment might be right around the corner, and Eckhart Tolle said that you can only reach enlightenment Now, never in the future... I guess that only makes sense when you become enlightened haha :p

10. SoulRider

SoulRider Member

It is a simply revealed statement. You only reach enlightenment now, because NOW is all there is. It is the only moment. The past and the future are nothing but light that has passed you, and light you are yet to see. There is only now. Live entirely in the now, know only this moment. When you live now every moment of every day, you will achieve enlightenment... Now.

Time is purely a way of measuring the distance we move through space, it doesn't exist, the past or the future, live now, not tomorrow, for the reason it never comes, is because it doesn't exist.

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks Andy, and welcome to the forum I might add !

Your explanation of Eckhart Tolle's words is very clear, and I understand the way you explain it, but I still feel that I won't be able to understand it fully until I reach it !

It seems a bit weird to chase after enlightenment while not knowing what it means, but in fact everybody who wants to reach it does. The promise of enlightenment is inspiring, but I won't chase it. I will simply continue my meditations and the moment will probably come when it comes :)

12. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Hi Edwin

It was great to have just read your recent post regarding your success with LF. It really inspires me and I'm sure many others to continue with this wonderful program. I'm so happy for you and wish you continuing peace and happiness.

What a wonderful piece from Pollyanna - absolutely loved reading that.

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks Alison !

Yes I hope I inspire people this way to keep trying !

Meditation itself, without LifeFlow even more than with it, is like buying one of those fitness machines through a home-shopping network, that promises you rock-hard abs:

Millions of Americans and Europeans order one of those, try it for a week, and then stop using it, because it still requires energy and commitment from the user. After a month, they think: ok this isn't for me, I will try that new machine they are showing me, that makes it effortless, and it only takes 5 minutes a day, let's try that !

Of course we all know ourself good enough to know that at the end of the year you end up with 5 machines under your bed ( conveniently storable :p ) and still no rock-hard abs !

With meditation it is no different, if you keep on doing it, the rewards will come, when you quit after a week, it's normal that it won't work.

I hope to inspire people to do as I did, to persivere and try it for a year, and hopefully they will get the same I got :)

14. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Edwin, you and Pollyanna, Michael and everyone else here have certainly inspired me, I have just finished CD2 having downloaded the free course a few months ago! And now I've started I intend to keep going.

Thank you all for the inspiration, encouragement and support :).

15. filly33

filly33 Member

Congrats. Thanks for all your help. Cheers.

16. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin said,
    "It seems a bit weird to chase after enlightenment while not knowing what it means, but in fact everybody who wants to reach it does."

Amen brother! In fact I've come to the conclusion all the books with all the words in the world could not explain what enlightenment is with enough clarity to recognize it IF one ever stopped long enough to realize it!

gus

17. Edwin

Edwin Member

:)

The strange thing is, everybody knows to some extent how it feels, as everybody has experienced it for a few seconds at least a few times in their life.

When you are at some extremely beautifull place in nature, or when you realise for the first time you are in love with someone, or even when you have had a good scare, where your life is threatened, and even during sex !

Usually after a few seconds, the mind kicks in again, trying very hard to label and box your feelings, which we all know is impossible for the mind, as it is emotionless. This process covers up your true emotions of joy, happiness and peace, and because the mind tells you you should feel confused over the emotions as it cannot classify it, it actually triggers emotions itself, so that is why being in love can be so terribly confusing for example.

Some people hit that moment of pure awareness and stay in it, and this is what happened to for instance Eckhart Tolle.
    However it is possible to reach the same state through meditation, and this is why I like the book by Paul Wilson so much: The Quiet.

It is a practical workbook where he has shamelessly taken all kinds of meditation methods he learned over the 40 years of meditation practice, taken out the religious aspects, the aspects that don't work, and added some tips and tricks to enhance it through his neurological research he has done on meditation and mindfullness for the last 10 years.
    He also is able to explain how certain kinds of meditation will help trigger certain glands to speed up hormone production, and what parts of the brain will get stimulated by meditation and the benefits that come from it.

I think his scientific approach to meditation and easy going style of writing ( he is an Ozzy ) go really well with LifeFlow technology. It's simply combining the best of both scientific approaches.

It has helped me greatly in enhancing my feelings of peace and stillness throughout the day.

18. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

oh my Edwin . . .another book :?

so many books so little time.
    gus

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm glad you enjoyed it Alison and I wish you an abundance of peace and happiness on your continuing journey of self discovery :) :) :)

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Good for you Chris and I (and I'm sure everyone else here) wish you an abundance of inner peace and joy on your amazing journey of self discovery :) :) :)