1. MAINTENANCE

The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

Feeling Groggy After Delta?

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by RichP, Jul 10, 2009.

1. RichP

RichP Member

Just used Delta for probably the third time today, and (as before) I've noticed feeling fairly groggy/spaced out afterwards.

Not surprising since Delta is associated with slow-wave sleep and according to wikipedia it can take up to 30mins for cognitive peformance to return, a phenomenon called "sleep inertia".

What have your experiences been with Delta? I was thinking perhaps I'd just sit still for 5-10 minutes, and do my daily stretching after, to slowly come back into the world before getting back to work/daily tasks.

Thoughts?

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

This is never a bad idea :)

It could also be that with your current level of LF you are more likely to drift into a daydream. When daydreaming, you get that groggy feeling, but when meditating you should try to stay aware.
    I had this with a few levels of LF as well.

This is why some Zen masters tried to surprise their students by sneaking up on them and hitting them with a stick ( yes they did, really ).
    According to the Zen masters, the students were only meditating correctly when their awareness was up to a point where they could notice the master sneaking, and move out of the way, or defend themselves.
    Or beat the crap out of their master, but I guess that was not an option :rolleyes:

Happy meditating :)