1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Feedback

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supson

supson Member

Meditation

I really enjoyed her voice and the sounds of the beach. The sounds of the beach help me to bring in more of my senses which deepens my experience.

I live with chronic pain and could use more meditations that help me to cope with the pain. The pain is caused by RA so meditations which help the immune system function properly would also help.

Thanks and have a great day! :)

2. windy

windy Member

Beach meditation

I really like this meditation, I'm very fond of" going to the beach." I enjoy her voice and would like the sounds of the ocean to be a little louder, more realistic. Perhaps a video of the beach scene would be nice for those who open their eyes.
    Thanks for sharing this.

3. sene

sene Member

Meditation

Michael, I enjoyed this meditation and her voice was very soothing. I would like to see a meditation to help Empaths release emotions from other people. I feel overwhelmed today from very sad events, of two people, yesterday. I need a better way to let go of it.
    :(
    Thank you for asking my opinion.

4. Lemartin

Lemartin Member

Lovely.

The voice is nice. Combination of voice and sounds is well arranged.
    Probably, this one might be very good as calming meditation.
    Should be preferred by women.
    For man, after 50, it's not easy to imagine himself to be beautiful.
    Otherwise it is nice.
    Are there any binaural effects ?

5. Tiago Basilio

Tiago Basilio Member

I thynk the voice is simply amazing. In fact, I think that the voice with the sounds of nature alone would be enough. The harp is a bit distracting. Other then that it is an allround good guided meditation for stress purposes.

I would be interested in earing something to boost self confidence and mental power. Along with the anti stress guided meditation, it´s a usefull instrument nowadays :)

TB

6. Emptyspace

Emptyspace Member

What I think adds a nice touch to this meditation is the subtle nature sounds in the background. I find her voice soft and soothing and the length of the meditation seems to fit in at any time of day. I too would like to hear one on Gratitude.

7. Snod Bloomer

Snod Bloomer Member

Eckhart Tolle

I'm currently reading Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now" and would like to start putting his teachings into practice. However, one of the exercises I've tried is aimed at being able to experience your inner energy. This is quite challenging for someone as ego-controlled as I am. I expect to find following Eckhart's teachings very challenging!

So, it would be great if there were some guided meditations aligned with Eckhart's teachings and practices.

8. Emptyspace

Emptyspace Member

I also would like to hear a meditation on feeling worthy.

9. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

great feedback

Please keep it coming, this is great information :)

10. Edward G.

Edward G. Member

Taste...

Thanks for sharing this, Michael!
    Everyone's taste to it's own, though...
    I have no problems with the voice, or guided meditation in total, but I prefer dead silence above all. (With the occasional bird singing...)
    There are many impressions in a day that I have to cope with all ready, so let there be silence, please..:) (LF helps my mindchatter to stop)
    However, should one be living in a city like New York, I can very well imagine that this guided meditation can be most help full.
    And that is what matters most.
    "There are more roads that leads to Rome" as we say in Holland.
    Peace, and be well, Edward

11. Effie

Effie Member

Meditation

I enjoyed the meditation in fact my safe place is one like this and because I like to sail I have been to many places like this. The voice is soothing, the harp was a good choice but I would have liked to ear the sounds of the waves and birds more clearly. I had to really focus to appreciate the natural sounds. Augment the natural and deminish the harp so that there is greater balance. The other problem is that I have a laptop so without external speakers or headphones the sound quality is a problem.
    I teach stress management for La Spirit Hurricane Recovery Program and I encouraged visualization and guided imagery in fact many people need that type of modality to meditate some need silence or minimal stimulization. Over all I loved the imagery:)

12. batest

batest New Member

I enjoyed the lady speaking she had a pleasant voice and imagery. Good positive message - It helps to think of a sunny place when the weather isnt so great. Helps increase mood. Overall, Its a good excersize, I would listen to it again.

13. Celest

Celest Member

Guided Meditation

I really enjoyed the meditation. The womans voice is very relaxing and the affirmations are what i needed. The scene she set was perfect for me because I love water and the ocean.
    Thankyou:)

14. Rosamarie

Rosamarie New Member

I do agree, the music and voice are nice and soothing but the harp at times overwhelms the voice.

15. li-or

li-or Member

guided meditation to relax ,clear your mind from anxiety,and help you get a restful nights sleep that will carrying on playing untill you are soundly asleep and help you wake up relaxed , calm tet full of possitive energy
    a guided meditation to reduce anxiety ,panic,harmfull thoughts on problems,enable the mind to quieten down so instead of fear there is stress reduction which will help you cope through tough days, fighting chonic illness,divorce,death,finacial meltdown,loss of income,job just a few examples

16. Vonko

Vonko Member

I liked this meditation. The voice was fine and it was relaxing. This may sound picky, but my only real problem was the lying on the beach under the sun. It made me feel itchy and burned and I had to work hard to overcome it. It would have been nicer to have been looking at this beautiful scene from a chair in a leafy glade. I did manage to put the feelings aside and enjoyed listening.

I would have liked to have had a time 10 or 15 minute silent meditation at the end.

17. mysticlady1000

mysticlady1000 Member

I would also like to see some meditations related to pregnancy, maybe helping the pregnant woman to focus on a healthy, happy baby or something or related to the stages of the pregnancy. Also, post partem as well would be great.

Also, I was wondering if there are any meditations that are centered around children so that they can follow along with the words and images?

18. grasshopper

grasshopper New Member

guided meditation feedback

The guided meditation was lovely and relaxing. Thanks!

I would love to have a guided meditation on Kundalini/Chakras. It would be terrific to be guided through each chakra with colors to focus on, the related sounds and special breathing techniques associated with each as well.

19. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

My Two Cents

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for asking for my opinion. I like this guided meditation okay. It seemed to be pretty to similar to the ones I've listened to on the Meditation Oasis website (Learn how to meditate, guided meditation CDs, free audios, podcast, blog, instructions). QUESTION: Are you planning to add your LifeFlow technology of binaural beats and monaural and isochronic tones to these guided meditations? Or does listening to a human voice preclude the effectiveness of reaching brain entrainment listening to binaural beats through headphones?

Personally, I prefer just listening to the sounds of nature--I especially like the sounds of rain in LifeFlow 7--overlaying your LifeFlow technology. ANOTHER QUESTION: Do you have any CDs of just white noise of your layering of binaural beats and monaural and isochronic tones? Sometimes I want to just listen to "white hushing sounds" without hearing the sounds of nature or anything. Thanks for the wonderful service you are providing. Take care. --Keith :)

20. burnbabybyrne106

burnbabybyrne106 Member

there is a few moments when the voice says

'i will now give you a few minutes' etc

then out of nowhere the voice 'booms' in, maybe there could be an indication the voice will again arrive, with the gentle music maybe.

because there has been many times when it has broken my concentration.

i also agree with a more concentrated stress relief version :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.