1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Feedback

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

I would like to hear your opinions on this guided meditation?

We are considering asking the author to create a variety of these type of guided meditations for members to make use of and I just wanted to hear your thoughts first.

1. Do you enjoy the persons voice for guided meditations?
    2. What type of guided meditations are you interested in hearing?
    3. Anything else you think would be useful.

Thanks, Enjoy!

[yt]QFvelHlN9Rw[/yt]

2. Telar

Telar Member

The Voice is wonderful the musik nice and relaxing Stressreductions Meditations I think will be a good Idea, and meditations one can use going to bed.

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

The guided meditation here is nice and the voice very soothing and relaxing, however the harp music may be a bit too loud in comparison to the voice, I find myself straining a bit to hear what she is saying.

This of course also has to do with the fact that English is not my native language, but I can imagine that there will be more like me.

I will think of a list of other guided meditations that would interest me this weekend :)

Great effort !!!!

4. Twister

Twister Member

This is very enjoyable. I would like to see guided meditations that focus on relaxation and stress reduction.

5. wiesejan

wiesejan Member

response to guided meditation

I love her voice and the pictures are very relaxing. I'd like to see stress reduction, positive affirmations, and deep meditation relaxation videos. This was very nice. (I also want CDs with subliminal messages and ocean sounds). Thanks

6. lorrie

lorrie Member

Feedback on guided meditations

The voice and music are fine in this meditation.

I am not sure it exists because I haven't seen it anywhere but I would be interested in seeing some meditations specifically around pregnancy. The beginning, middle and preparation for labor. Post partum is also of interest as I am not quite there yet.

7. JanetG

JanetG Member

Guided meditation

This was quite nice, the music was soothing and the voice calming. However, I wish, like in all similar meditation guides, that the speaker spoke a little less and allowed the music to take over for a time. I would rather be allowed to develop my own visualized place, inspired by a some words from the guide, and then set free through music and, eg, the sound of waves, as used on this particular meditation.

8. keithholmes75

keithholmes75 Member

Hi
    I liked this meditation as it was intended for relaxation and stress reduction.
    However I would prefer a guided meditation similar to Buddhist breath meditation and without the music.

9. mauryr

mauryr Member

[I really enjoyed this and found it soothing. This is the type of meditation I need with all the stress I have in my life. Thank you so much. Maury

10. JSF13

JSF13 Member

I like the voice. Perhaps a meditation on Gratitude would be nice.

Joe

11. cazzy70

cazzy70 New Member

guided med

this is just wot is needed , spot on

12. stephen1313

stephen1313 Member

I agree mostly with JanetG, although personally I prefer to be guided into meditation and then left alone with silence until it's time to prepare to return to "the world". I use your CD with the 5, 10 and 20 minute meditation, they are excellent for when you have limited time and can relax in the knowledge that a little bell will waken you gently at the appointed time. MAke one with 30, 40 and 60 minutes please. :)

13. lawrenced

lawrenced Member

Guided Meditation!

The guided meditation posted through You tube is really good. To reap the maximum fruit one must use it before going to sleep. The voice and the music blend together. Sound of the ocean waves would be an added beauty to the meditation if included.

14. Kleban

Kleban Member

Guided meditation

At first the voice sort of annoyed me, but then as I let myself be guided into the meditation I found I liked it. I would like to see more meditations improving mental clarity, and reducing stress.

15. Robert Chan

Robert Chan Member

Hi all,

I agree with Edwin that the music somewhat overpowers the voice of "the guide". I found myself with a little frown of concentration trying to make out the words (not a desired effect!:)).

But the voice was fine and calm, the calmness transferred itself over as I gave it the time to listen and slow down my own mental pacing about.

As for the subjects for the guided meditations, I haven't listened to all the ones Michael has made but the topics/areas all seem to be good things we would look for in guided meds. Peace and health are everybody's needs.

Is project meditation thinking of working on or providing a new set of guided meds with different music and voice(s)?

16. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Yes! This is the plan.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. :)

17. maharishi

maharishi Member

more BWE please

There are no further guided meditations needed.
    I would like to have more BrainWaveEntrainment (BWE) with more changing from one ear to the other. This will bring our brains to new states of consciousness.

18. weplay

weplay Member

Namaste Michael and All,

That's lovely! Thank you.

"forgiving and setting free" feels good!

Namaste

Love

a.

19. VickyJones

VickyJones Member

Loved it! Absolutely beautiful. Perfect. Thank you. It was just what I needed.

I'd love any meditations that take me on a bit of a journey to somewhere else - I have done some in groups where the 'guide' took us into American Indian country and had us sit with the group of lovely Indians or took us on a journey through countryside, rivers and caves etc.

20. jackieww

jackieww Member

guided meditation

I felt the tone of the persons voice on the first meditation was not relaxing enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.