1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Favorite/Least favorite levels?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by tango, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Ravo

Ravo Member

:) Thanks Edwin, it amazes me where you come up with all the "right stuff" in your post replies...you are probably right I just think I am asleep, it's an eery feeling and I seem to have it only with Level 6. I must admit I feel particularly refreshed and insightful when I come out of the meditation. Pollyanna you are right, I had to really tear myself away from Level 7, I could have stayed on for months :D

Cheers all !

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

One step beyond

If you feel refreshed and wonderfull after your meditation session, try this:

When you come out of meditation, you have felt the power of Now, because you stopped identifying yourself with the ego, and what is left after thoughts and emotions are detached from your inner self is... well just your inner self !

There is a trick to hold on to that feeling for a longer period of time.

I call it " breathing first " as I like to create titles that sound catchy for myself ;)

When you have ended meditation and have done your gratitude excercise, try to focus on your breathing while you start doing your every day chores and tasks.
    No matter what happens, whatever you encounter in life, try to remember to focus on "breathing first", reacting to form comes later.

This is a trick that helpes me to remember that the only thing that is real, is the Now, and only without reacting to distractions can I stay there. This might be mis-interpreted by some, and people sometimes ask me: " So you are saying that you do absolutely nothing all day ? " but that is not what I said. I don't react to distractions means that I observe the distraction in presence, and trust my instincts to come up with a solution at the exact moment it is needed. I don't get involved with them.

These are the first steps towards enlightenment that I am sharing with you guys !

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Spot on Edwin. Act rather than Re-Act. ;)

4. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Level 5

Hey Edwin,
    I just started LF5 and I found your post during a forum search. My thoughts reflect yours yet with abit stronger edge. The aggressive nature of the wave sounds is huge. It sounds like you are caught in the breakers. It is really unsettling. In fact a few sequences sound like "an object" thrashing about in the water.....scary (how do you spell ..white shark)....anyhow I have my work cutout on this level :eek:

shine on :) :)

jim

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Good luck with this one :) You'll get there.

PS turn down the volume:rolleyes:

6. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Improved..........

Thanks Edwin. I just finished a session with the volume reduced quite abit and it helped. Perhaps this will be my level where resistance will come.

jim

7. Edwin

Edwin Member

Just like with every thing else I constantly remind myself:

K.I.S.S.

( Keep It Simple Stupid :p )

It took me 2 weeks to figure out that turning down the volume might help :D Silly....hahahaha

8. Jeff3028

Jeff3028 Member

I do the same thing.I actually built a meditation room in my basement but I always meditate in the closet in my room.It just feels better.
    (This is in response to pollyannas post of locking the door,just incase I lost anyone).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  9. Bdarly

Bdarly Member

Lf 8

I did not enjoy LF 8 but only because I found the flute to be a tad abrasive. My ears tend to be quite sensitive and while I love the Native American Flute I found the mix in this audio not to be so good. Some may argue that it triggered something in me and I had some resistance. I don't think so. I just think the flute was slightly abrasive. That simple. But I gutted my way through it and learned to relax with it, just never really enjoyed it like I did LF 10 and 9. Finally LF 7 came yesterday and I used it this morning for the first time. I loved it! I did find that about 3 times in the recording the rain died down momentarily and then there was a big thunder clap that jolted me out of my meditation but I got used to it by the last one. Is the jolting/abrasiveness of the flute and thunder intentional to help us learn to relax despite them? I doubt it, but perhaps. The creator of these could answer that I suppose. Either way, I feel compelled to continue on with LifeFlow even though I haven't had any of the profound experiences espoused. I seem to have a subtle sense of more well-being that may or may not be related to LifeFlow as their are other things I am doing to enhance my well-being besides LifeFlow. Still, as I said, I feel good about using LifeFlow and will continue. I will certainly share if anything "profound" happens. However, "profound" is not the only way to measure change and often isn't even the best measure of change. Subtle changes are often the most powerful and long lasting. I wish folks who market their services would explain this more carefully upfront because so many folks don't have profound experiences and then become discouraged because they were told, for example, that they would "quiver with pleasure as endless happy endorphins and anti-ageing hormones flow through your mind and body." Many folks like me don't quiver but do experience subtle changes that are just as legitimate. I want folks to hear that more often. But I suppose when marketing one must appeal to the masses, and the masses want huge, instant, magical change. Ah well, just my little rant this morning. I'm pleased with LifeFlow and would recommend it but I will talk about the subtle changes with them and be pleased to hear from them about any profound experiences.

10. KeithP

KeithP Member

Hi Bdarly,
    I am still using Lifeflow 8 and do not intend to move on to 7 until the end of this month. Unlike you I have found the flute (I suspect it is a shakuhachi rathert than native American) to be pleasing to the ear and in no way abrasive or distracting. I do not doubt that we all have our favourite levels but so far I have found them all to be pleasing and to have the desired effect of enhancing my meditation.

Like you I have experienced nothing that I would describe as weird or wonderful in my practice but the ease in which I enter the meditative state whilst listening to lifeflow can only be described as miraculous.

Mental fireworks and the like might prove very pleasing in my practice but at the days end I am more interested in the changes brought to my consciousness outside meditation. Already since starting to use Lifeflow in September I have noticed an increased mental quiet as I go about my day. I feel that this is the real gold that we can put into the bank. Pleasurable experiences whilst meditating are just the icing on the cake.

I wish you lots of joy and steady progress with level 7. I must admit that I am looking forward to it.

Best wishes,

Keith

11. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Been Awhile...

Hey Folks,
    It has been just under 2 months since I've been on the forum. Thanks for the birthday wishes email (PM team) back in Jan it was really appreciated!!!

I stayed with level 4 till the lowered volume soundscape was enjoyed and left me (lying down method) with the end result of a total body/mind relaxation. After the track ends the 3 minutes of silence then gratittude music segment (mp3 track supplied by Grant from PM a few months ago) allows the slow awakening from that place of awesome........
    Have been on level 4 for a few weeks with the still deeper point reached...

As mentioned before I am going to continue with the prone position use of LifeFlow till all levels are reached (2 months plus per level) then I will undertake the recommended meditation position of non prone. I just enjoy the total body muscle rest just too much not to experience all of the LF levels via current use.

Thanks LF team. Great stuff!!!!!!!!

shine on :):)

jim

P.S. Listened to Classical Magic over loudspeakers for the first time yesterday while doing chores..........superb!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi seatrend, i nearly missed you! :)
    Im glad youre making progress and enjoying LF :) :)

13. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Thanks Pan!!

Last time I was on PM in December you mentioned you had a sore neck. Since that time I've thought about how tough it must be to meditate with a sore neck (as you meditate properly as opposed to my prone position). How is your neck coming along?

jim

14. pita2389

pita2389 Member

Hello all!

I am currently on level 6. I enjoy level 7, for maybe a different reason than others. I have quite a fear of thunderstorms since back in 83 when I was caught in the middle of a severe storm that produced many tornadoes. I came out of the house after the storms to find the houses around me leveled, but my house untouched. Cars upside down, trees down, houses gone, complete chaos. To this day, I am deathly afraid when it thunders. :( Before this happened, I enjoyed listening to thunderstorms, so level 7 allows me to enjoy the sounds...without the fear.

I am looking forward to level 1, because I love whales and their "haunting" sounds.

I have a question also...I periodically see people mention "Nirvana". Is this something that only people who purchased the CD's receive? Or, will I eventually receive Nirvana after I am finished purchasing my downloads?

I am playing Classical Magic in the background as I write this message. Classical magic is my favorite level to play in the background during my day.

Good Day everyone!

15. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yup my neck and back and bones and everything lol... but im doing yoga these days, hopefully that´ll help :)

Hi!

Fears are the strongest emotion human can have, and we all have more or less of them. But as with every emotion, the fear (when its already there) just wants to be felt. It wont leave you as long as you didnt felt it and accepted it the way it is.

That may sound hard, and maybe its good to have someone professional guiding you, but you will get rid of your fears if you face them. I once was afraid of darkness, so i turned one day the lights off and stood there feeling the fear creaping up... it was a bit hard, but after that the fear was gone!

About nirvana... i hope there are others who can explain that better then i could :)

Atb,
    Pan

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Jim, glad to hear you’re still enjoying LF - I most often get into bed (or I tend to feel chilly) and lie down to meditate. I very rarely, if ever, fall asleep as I did initially

Belated birthday wishes to you for last month :)

I love Classical Magic too – it’s playing as I am writing and I never tire of it

So pleased your neck and back are no longer bothering you Pan Although I have never attempted yoga I know it has many benefits and I believe it works really well with LF also :)

Hi Pita, it’s wonderful that you can enjoy the thunderstorms once again

When you download LF1 you gain access to the 2 gamma tracks Nirvana and Awaken. Once you have gone through the levels of LifeFlow you will gain more from these two tracks, which is why Michael recommends that you wait until you have become familiar with all the LF levels first

I love Nirvana and like you, I love having Classical Magic playing in the background at various times of the day :)

I wish you all continued peace and joy on your journeys :) :) :)

17. Edwin

Edwin Member

Nirvana ( and another track I can't recall the name of right now, it has sounds of meditation bowls ) are bonus tracks that you get alongside LifeFlow 1.

They are meant for you to listen to when you have finished LifeFlow 1 and boy are you in for a ride :)

Edit: Polly beat me to it ;) haha
    Awaken, that was it ! You should do Awaken first and after 1-2 months Nirvana.

18. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Pollyanna,
    No belated birthday wish required as I had thought of yourself included in the PM team birthday email :)

Pollyanna thanks also for the rienforcement that I can use LifeFlow in the prone position for the time being if that suits me. One thought I had over the many months of using LifeFlow in this manner (I do "cool down" very much as well due to the lower metabolic rate so I use extra loose sweat pants) is that there is value to determine for myself that over time benefits will result in "lying down meditation". My thoughts are that there are people who may need to follow only this path due to health reasons so I will be able to add to your voice on this forum.

Hi Pan,
    Glad to hear that you are pursing yoga and that your neck issue is a ok. It was really excellent to read Ta-tsu-wa's recent comments on your progress over time. Encouraging stuff for all.

jim

19. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yup this old wise man, he visits me in my dreams sometimes to teach me something ;)