1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Favorite/Least favorite levels?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by tango, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tango

tango Member

I understand that each level of LF offers something unique. But I was wondering: do people have favorite levels? If so, what do they like about those particular tracks? Also, do people have least favorite levels? If so, what is that they don't particularly like about those tracks?

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

I still very much like LF7.

It makes me feel like I am sitting on the porch of a mountain lodge, overlooking a valley where a thunderstorm passes by.

LF 5 was one that I didn't really dislike, but sometimes the sound of the waves was a bit too agressive and disturbed me a bit... and then I had to practice letting go of my disturbance so in the end it tought me a valuable lesson I guess :cool:

LF 1 is both amazing and a bit spooky, the whale songs kind of have a ghost-like sound to them. Loved it tho :)

3. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

I love LF 7, and am thrilled to be done with LF 8...although I suppose I may, at some time, for some totally unforseeable reason, return to LF 8. Like if I feel I need to torture myself for something horrible I've done, and I use LF 8 as punishment. Just kidding. Sort of.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  4. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Edwin, you have made me want to rush through the levels now!!!

Just joking....I am going to take it slow 2 months per level but I really like the cool image that you placed for LF7 :):):) and LF1 sounds awesome as whale sounds have always been "unearthy" in my book too. :):)

The main thing that I love about LifeFlow is that once all of the levels are used to assist meditation one can then alternate through all levels in a manner that "cross trains" the entrainment range real nicely.

thanks again Edwin

Wee Hoo, now I am "very scared" about LF8!!! I will need some "scary protection" tools before that level.!!!

take care all

jim

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  5. sogno

sogno Member

Lf9

I've just moved to LF9. Loved the feeling of LF10, that relaxing. LF9 makes me feel quite uneasy, I don't know why and I tend to feel more tense allround. I just been on it for a few days, it may take some time to settle in. Anyone had the same experience?

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Seatrend, I am sure that you will be fine.
    Most of us here, including me, had one level that took some getting used to. Even Weehoo, who had some issues with LF8, liked it in the end ( and then got an email for LF7 that same day )

I had the same experience with LF5. It took me quite some getting used to. Like I said, in the end it tought me to accept, and it is a valuable lesson.

try to stay open minded with your LF level. You may dislike another level than us, and actually love the level that others hate. Most of us have only 1 level to get into, and one out of ten seems like a good number to me.

Sogno, I have heard more people who have your problem, when going from 10 to 9, or other levels when moving to the next. Give yourself time to adjust, don't immediately go for 40 minutes, try 20 ( maybe 20 twice a day ) and if it doesn't get better, return to LF 10, both to check if it really was LF or that you have some "old luggage" to clear up that has surfaced when entering a deeper level of meditation, at which EFT or the Sedona method can help you accept really fast, after which you can move on.
    Or just try to clear your mind during meditation and let it all surface and heal naturally. The key is to try to accept whatever comes up, even when it wants to suck you into it's story.

Now reading back all this, it might seem as if you are in for some violent times. Don't worry, it might sound graphic, but usually meditation is something that you enjoy more and more every day, with some minor discomforts every now and then. If you have some issues that you need help with, we are always here for you :)

7. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

Hold On, There!

I'm so sorry if anyone is worried about LF8 because of what I wrote. What I've found with LifeFlow (and also with diff. levels of Holosync) is that some levels teach me more about resistance than others. I guess that's the positive spin! Also, there's that great old line about "The only way out is through." I wish I could remember who said/wrote that first, but it has gotten me through some tough spots. Having the opportunity to notice resistance and let it go...on a daily basis, no less!...is one of the great things about being on a level that brings up discomfort.

8. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi Wee Hoo,
    Thanks for putting "difficult" user perceptions of LF8 or any other LF level into a better perspective. The experienced LF users have really helped us out on this thread as well in this area.

Love the proverb you just quoted...

take care

jim

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I have a preference to some of the soundscape. When I first got the C.D.'s I listened to a bit of them all :eek: just to see what different sounds there were :p I really didn't think I'd like to meditate to the thunderstorm in LF7 and LF1 sounded really scary. I thought 5 would have been my favourite because I love the sound of waves on the shore and although I like it, it isn't my favourite.

The truth of it is LF7 and LF1 are my absolute favourites now.

I wonder if LF7 is so popular because it resonates at the Schumman resonance - I certainly remember it having the wow factor for me before I even knew about that added bonus in it.

My LifeFlow time has always been a special time for me that I always look forward to whichever C.D. I have been meditating to and I am extremely grateful that I haven't experienced anything really uncomfortable whilst meditating.

Maybe this is because whenever anything has come up to be observed it always happens during my daily life except for some big things that came up in dreams which woke me up, allowing the opportunity to observe until they disappeared.

One thing that's always important to me is I always feel safe because I lock my bedroom door - it makes it more easy for me to totally let go knowing I will not be interrupted.

I really believe everyone's meditation experiences are unique. I wish you all many moments of joy and bliss :) :) :)

10. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Hi there

I'm on LF7 at the moment and it is definately my favourite so far. I am spending a lot of time of each level (have been using Lifeflow since last August!).

Although this is not a direct reply to what you are asking, just thought I'd mention that I play LF7 most evenings whilst my 11 year old son is going to sleep and then put it on again before he is due to get up for school - he seems to be more centred and motivated when he leaves for school.

Alison x

11. shesgg

shesgg Member

I didn't care for the one that sounded like funeral music. That one was scary to me. It might have been level 3.

I love 7 and 1. I knew right away that those sounds on level 1 were whales. I am still listening to level 1. I think I'm gonna start all over in a couple of weeks.

12. sogno

sogno Member

Dear Edwin,

As always, your reply feels me with joy and makes me feel acknowledged, the lack of it, I think, has created many problems in my personal life. Thanks so much. You are a star. I wish a LOT of happiness and all good things

Sogno

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's not right to get a grown man to blush that way :eek:

;):D

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

lol :)

Did i already mention that i dont get along with lvl9? ;-)

I still dont know if resistance against a lvl is related to inner
    conflicts like traumas etc, or if its just by accident (technical problems
    like already slow brainwaves that get even more slow with binaural beats).
    Or maybe both...now it gets complex :-|

Pan

15. Ravo

Ravo Member

Lol

G'day All,

LOL - I am currently on LF7 as well and love it, I really enjoy the thread and reading everyone's thoughts on their favourites. And after reading Edwin's & others comments I am looking forward to the future...6...5...4...3...2....1:D

I must confess I could stay on LF7 for the rest of 2009 LOL:p

Cheers all

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

Gamma...

Nirvana beats all other tracks in my book :cool:

17. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

I am only on LF 10, but felt distinct unease when listening to it through headphones. I find it very relaxing and never have any moments of unease when listening to it without. I did wonder if having this sort of reaction was unusual, but reading this thread has helped me understand that it is not!

Heather

18. Ravo

Ravo Member

Ooooo....this is spooky

G'day All,

Level 5 was my absolute favourite as mentioned on my earlier post however I am now Level 6.

At every meditation session so far, I have either fallen asleep within a few minutes or came out of it swearing that the CD stopped after what felt like only 5 minutes. I even checked to make sure that the CD wasn't damaged, it wasn't the CD was running for 40 minutes but I continually get the sensation of it only lasting 5-10 minutes....or falling asleep!

It's a bit like being in the "twilight zone" only in a good way......Oh and before anyone asks definitely no drugs in use:):):):):D

Anyone else had this experience?

Cheers

Ravo

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

Actually Paul Wilson who has been researching meditation for over 40 years, found some points that accompanied meditation/enlightenment that always seemed to return:

* Losing all sense of time, space and physicality
    * Detachment from all sensory experience
    * Feeling a "sense" of oneness with all things
    * Deep, intuitive insights

See the first one ?
    It might be you are not even asleep, you might just be in conciousness perfectly ! He describes that some people sometimes get the feeling while meditating that they don't feel the difference between 10 minutes and 40 minutes, and that sometimes "time flies".

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours that's relativity." -- Albert Einstein

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Absolutely brilliant Edwin and I love the Einstein quote :)

I have been meditating to LifeFlow 2 for about 7 to 10 days now. This track used to be one of my least favourites yet I feel like it has brought some really good changes into my awareness recently and I love it now :) :confused:

It could be so easy to fall into the trap of just listening to our favourites once we have completed the LifeFlow series - I've learned a really good lesson here and hope it's of use to anyone else.

Wishing you continued peace and joy on this wonderful, never ending journey of discovering the true inner being of us all :) :) :)