1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Falling asleep with LifeFLow 9?

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Keis, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Keis

Keis Member

Hello All:

I've used LifeFlow 10 for a month and really enjoyed the depth of meditiation that it affords. I started LifeFlow 9 a few days ago, and find that I am falling asleep more often. At least I think I'm sleeping -- no nodding head, just dream-like scenarios that come out of nowhere. I also find that I 'miss' LifeFlow 10! Is there a downside to going back to it periodically? Any suggestions about the sleepiness?

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Keis and welcome to the community. I'm so pleased you have been enjoying deeper meditation with LF10. You can certainly stay with LF10 longer - it's not a problem at all. Leaving it a while longer will probably help you to not fall asleep when you do move onto LF9. I wish you peace and joy :) :) :)

3. WeeHoo

WeeHoo Member

I used Holosync for just over a year and routinely fell asleep when I went up a level. The effect wore off in a week or two.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have been through the whole process of LF 10 to LF 1, and have frequently fallen asleep, and/or got lost in huge daydreams that kept me from meditating the "right" way.

I guess it is part of the process, nothing to worry about. And you can switch to any version of LF up the ladder, just not down the ladder because you won't benefit much from that. So you could go, let's say, from LF 5 back to LF 2 for a week or two without problem. You can't go from LF5 to LF 2 if you haven't allready done LF4 and LF3, because the brain needs more time to adjust to a deeper level this way, than it would have taken when you followed the fast track.Maybe you could try to do LF9 one day, and LF 10 the other ? :) hope it helps !

5. blue_soda025

blue_soda025 Member

Erm, what if you fall asleep a lot even with LF10? That's what's been happening with me. I've found that I fall asleep almost everytime. Perhaps I'm not doing things correctly, I don't know.

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Blue Soda,

When do you meditate in the day? Are you sitting or lying down when you meditate? If sitting, is your head supported or not?

Hugs

Giles

7. blue_soda025

blue_soda025 Member

I only have time to meditate fairly late at night, near bedtime -- that's probably why I fall asleep really easily. When I meditate while lying down, I will fall asleep almost every time. I have tried sitting up to meditate, without having my head supported, and while I don't fall asleep as easily, I also find that I don't relax as deeply as when I am lying down.

8. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

posture?

Hi,
    About 2 years ago, I learned a mantra method whist staying at Wat Chedi Hoy in Thailand. I was VERY proud of the fact that I had gotten it to a point where I could "tune out" the goings on around me at the busy temple until the monk who taught me, luppi Sus su (spelling phonetic - I dont know the actual spelling) startled me by walking up to and touching me. At this point he explained via gestures and a nun who could speak some English that I should remain alert yet in a state of calm in order to benefit from the meditation otherwise I was just snoozing, here are the suggestions I was given:

Sit in a position that is slightly uncomfortable (but not to the point where it is a distraction), keep the spine fully errect, imagine that my head and pelvic floor where lined up as to allow me to sink straight down from head to pelvic floor if I didnt keep my kneck extended.

Keep the kneck slightly stretched upward, forward if I must but never backward (alledgedly interferes with the bodies energy flow if backwards)

And most importantly to use the mantra as an anchor to keep me where I should be.

Following this advice as apposed to something more comfortable and seemingly nurturing (like a blanket and a soft surface) has been more effective even though less attractive than the afore mentioned comfort.

As for LF, its powerfull "medicine", but for background purposes only, I think Michael suggested turning the volume up until you can barely hear it and then fire up the mantra until its time to end your session. I had to take measures such as sitting on the edge of my bed or chair to avoid falling asleep also and have fallen asleep many times listening to Eckhart Tolle or Life Flow which would have been fine if thats what I wanted but for my meditation practice, trying to be more conscious in life as apposed to my default all day unconscious behaviour, I now take measures to remain present, alert but at peace, and yes, awake.

I hope this helps

Most Sincerely
    Coenrad

9. BS

BS Member

i did holosync too first, can i ask why you swapped over?

:):):)

and conrad; great reading :) :)