Experiences of LF 9 - LF 1?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by tango, Feb 7, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Fantastic Analogy Of Lifeflow And Meditation!

Hope you don't mind Ta-tsu-wa but I'm placing your amazing analogy here again so new people will not miss out on seeing it.

Edwin, Gus and Bhavya, your advice in this thread is so good, thank-you.

Pan, I am so pleased you are beneffiting, enjoying LifeFlow and making friends with some of the wonderful and helpful people here. I wish you an abundance of joy and happiness :) :) :)

2. jackfrost19752

jackfrost19752 Member

We all have different experiences and that is ok.

We all come from different perspective, different cultures, with different stress filters, and different experiences. I have been practicing different forms of meditation for about six years some with and some without brain entrainment. Sometimes I see lights, sometimes I feel a surge of energy, sometimes I have vivid dreams or images, other times I will have a word or thought pop in my conscious mind. My connection to this energy or spirit is what I need at that moment. Each person will perceive different input based on what is appropiate for their level of consciousness. That is the beauty of it. Just let it be. Enjoy the ride.

Dance like nobody's watching! Sing like nobody's listening! Love like you have never hurt!

3. sogno

sogno Member

Hi Ta-tsu-wa

About chanting...I know that it may sound somewhat unbelievable, I struggled with this concept for almost 2 decades. I finally embraced it and I have a much better life, it really does work. It is not, however, about chanting by holding a thought or wish in your mind, i.e. thinking about what you desire while you chant, it is about the very opposite, think about what you'd like to have or to achieve and than let go. It is about letting go and trusting the universe to think about 'how' and 'when'. If you keep thinking whilst you chant, the result are minimum if not 0. Trusting the universe means trusting your incredibly powerful nature. Chanting must be done with a clear, empty head, just like meditation. Material desires are with us to teach us stuff about our self. In some cases, when we chant, lets say for the sake of argument, about a new car or about a new fantastic love, we, in the course of doing so, realise that that particular thing we wanted disappears as, in reality we did not really wanted, it was only hiding other stuff from within. Sometimes we do get what we wish. I have achieved many new things in life by chanting, as getting the courage to study for a degree, in a foreign language, at the age of 31, and i may add, without having studied for over 20 years. I was also holding a full time job while studying. I got the courage and determination to see it through, even though so many times I felt like running away. Chanting is about becoming wise and is this wisdom that allow us to achieve all that we wish. Also, is about feeling worthy, thus chanting for material goods is a mean to understand that we deserve to have a good life, a prosperous one as many, me for starters, believe that we are no worthy, not deserving of good things in life. Chanting, (Nicheren Daishonin Buddhism) is only a part of it. It requires study and attending meetings, as chanting alone does not bring much victory in life. I love LF and I am that happy, I recon is money well spent. I am a bit lazy and I find that motivating myself to chanting when tired or stressed is very difficult. with LF, all that I have to do is pun on a pair of headphone, meditate and off you go.

I don't know where I would be today without my Buddhism. I now combine chanting with LF, and I find that my chanting experience are greatly enhance. LF is fantastic and the support that Michael provides makes is even more so. Please don't be mistaken, Buddhism is a very deep and profound way of life, it's not about wanting, wanting and wanting, it's about learning about yourself and the oneness of human life and the environment. The following is taken from the SGI UK website (Buddhism - SGI UK Website

"Central to the Buddhist teachings is the law of cause and effect, which states that every cause we make (in thought, word or deed) creates an effect in our own life and that of our environment. Through their Buddhist faith and practice, SGI-UK members transform their inner lives and develop the qualities needed to bring about personal fulfilment and contribute to the positive development of society"

I hope the above answers your questions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Wish you all the best.

Lots of love Sogno

4. askmenow

askmenow Member

my thoughts on meditation

Hello all,Have been doing lifeflow for about a year;all levels for approx 3 hours each day.[to and fro to work on the train-an excellent way to enforce the discipline of meditation to an untrained mind]............lol .For me the experience of levels 10 thru to 1 has been a joyful one,as against the gamma levels which [to me ] almost have a solom feel , my feeling is that all this meditation allows us to interpt more of everything.....nothing has changed but our ability to see the word is becoming enhanced .its like looking at pebbles on a beach that we have lived on all our life,and suddenly we think to look under to pebbles for the first time. Every-thing changes suddenly as a whole new world appears.Its the difference between knowing and understanding whats always been around us... ps l work in an high stress busy office and have all the levels playing , very softly ,all the time in the back ground on three computers. even thou i know its not the ideal enviorment to be playing them in ,we have all noticed that there is less chaos and tension and things run smoother with much less aggression to be felt, with joy as always justin

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

wow 3h/day LF... even 25min are more then enough for me atm *lol*

I wonder where those differences come from.

6. mvance

mvance New Member

Addictions

i have been using Holosync then LF for about 2 years now and have seen remarkable improvements in my emotional state and self awareness. I'm down to Level 4 which i've just taken up again after a period away from it.

There is one thing that still leaves me confused as to why I do it to myself. I frequently drink to point of oblivion/blackout and its embarrassing for me the next day and i've succeeded to alienate new/old friends.

i thought that meditation would help and it did for a bit. The obvious answer is just stop drinking. But i KNOW this is something i do to myself and can change. The question is HOW. Something to do with the triggers - i cant work out what sequence of events triggers a drunken experience.

Anyone have any ideas?:confused:

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

I think thats nearly impossible to say through the information you gave us. Being addicted to something has normaly the function, to help block unwanted emotions. So first the hidden emotions have to be released (thats the hardest part i guess), and the habit to drink has to be reprogrammed and the body weaned (is that correct in english?) by simple not giving in to the habit of the formaly addiction. When theres no trigger, theres no addiction... thats at least how i see it.

8. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Meditation causes our awareness to increase. We become more conscious not just during meditation, but outside it as well.

If we have something we desperately need to hide - a trauma, a shame, a fundamental misunderstanding - that we just cannot allow the light to shine on, then it is natural for the soul to react by desperate acts of lowering the consciousness. Alcohol and numbing drugs are near the top of the list, but also obsession with sexual things, gambling, TV, even intense video games can do the trick. By lowering (or, in the less extreme cases, binding) the awareness, we avoid exposing the "dangerous" secret.

When you are ready to get past this hurdle, keep a keen eye on the times and places and thoughts that lead up to the numbing behavior. In this you should find a clue to what you shrink away from.

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Excellent advice !!!

10. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi Mvance,

In the past I've had big memory loss from too many beers and didn't like it at all, so thought I'd try to offer a bit of advice that works more times than not for me. From a practical point of view it might be worth thinking about trying to put in a trigger point for yourself, possibly either a time based or amount based one. This limit needs to be before you'll be totally banjaxed as you'll need to be coherent enough to weigh a few things up.

Speaking from experience its not an approach that always makes you stick to that exact limit :rolleyes:, but what it does do is act as a trigger when your've reached the limit and gets you thinking about how much your drinking, that way you can consider skipping the next round or having a soft drink, either that or hit that big red abort button and getting yourself home. I know one thing that has caught me out in the past and thats feeling like your letting your mates down by going early or not having that next beer etc (which is total *&^* by the way!). When you balance it out against the feeling the next day when things haven't gone well, I think you'll agree its actually an obvious and easy choice.

Of course this is just a strategy and the word to me that sticks out from your discription is frequently, this (IMHO) could indicate some underlying issues. From that point of view I can only echo the good advice already given by the other guys of trying to be aware of your thoughts. One way to do this might be to have a few weeks off the booze and see if you get any "I feel like getting hammered" thoughts/feelings, at that point you can be a bit introspective and see if you can track down any underlying issue(s).

Cheers,
    Paul

11. olmate

olmate Member

I humbly bow to the posts before me.

The only aditional word for me in my meditation experience is the word "notice".

Again this is very, very inadequate. I believe I notice more now than early in my practice. I guess it may be something akin to waking? The implications of noticing more is profound in my life.

Olmate.

12. morandia

morandia Member

I'm a bit late to the game here, and I like the analogy, but in math, I know when I have achieved a certain level of mastery. When I am eating an elephant, I can mark my progress. I'm not sure how to "know" where I am in meditation. I sort of understand the daydream analogy, but I'm one of those people who likes concretes and I'm guessing there aren't concretes in this realm. You mention that Alpha levels feel more familiar than theta might. What does theta feel like and how do you know when you are there?

Does that make any sense?

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Morandia and welcome to the community :)

the concretes you want to see, in my opinion, are the benefits you will notice in your daily life e.g. handling stress, sleeping well, better relationships and understanding others, a deep feeling of oneness with everything, solving problems easily and enjoying the present moment instead of thoughts and worries controlling you.

These are just some of the benefits that I enjoy and they have accumulated over time. We're all individual and the experience during meditation will be perceived differently. I find it difficult to describe even though it's a special part of my day.

Here's a link to the benefits of the deeper states of consciousness:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Once I had great problems sleeping and was unwell more often than I ever am now. Now, I feel really alive, free and I control my thoughts now.

I hope this is of help and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

14. Schism

Schism Member

LifeFlow 8

Hello everyone,

First I want to say a really big thank you to the words of wisdom from members on here. We are lucky to be guided by your experiences and to be reminded to just 'do' the meditation rather than analysing and comparing our experiences.

Today I received my LifeFlow 8 level and meditated for the entire 40 minutes....it was soooooooooooo peaceful and relaxing. I'm continuing this feeling into the rest of my day :)

Considering I have battled severe depression this year, I am so grateful to have arrived where I am. Finally beginning to sort out the right medication. I've learnt unbelievable patience. I'm grateful to have Lifeflow meditation as a fantastic tool for life.

Love and light
    Schism :p:)

15. Dobkin

Dobkin Member

So y'all basically saying there's no point in buying the other CDs then?