1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Everything is for a reason?

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Volcom23, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Its not my point of view, its just an oppinion ive got from somewhere else. As you said, its the intention, and the intention is independent from the body.

But thats just theory, we┬┤ll see when its time for it :)

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

If suicide was an even vaguely rational decision to get out of a bad life circumstance, we would expect to see developing countries decimated by massive suicide rates, while it would hardly ever happen in rich, egalitarian countries like Japan or Scandinavia.

You probably already know that it is actually not like that at all. Because that is not how it works. It is not a calculated escape route. It is not something we can argue for or against, because that is not how it is decided in the end.

If I were to wake up tomorrow and find that I could not move my left arm and leg, I would not spend time wondering what was the meaning of this, and why should this happen to me. I would use whatever body parts still worked and try to dial emergency. Later I may consider the meaning of it, but not while my life was in danger. I recommend the same response toward suicidal tendencies. They are a medical emergency, not a philosophical one.

3. Midnight

Midnight Member

I'm curious as to how these reports came to be...lol. How do you get that information? :S

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Cant remember exactly where, but i had at least two or three different sources from mainly OOB books, like those from Robert Monroe and William Buhlman.

@Itlandm: Its just a matter of how much one wants to escape this life, as the fear of the unknown, the death, is in most cases stronger then the current problems. Its like the soldiers in the middle ages, before them is the enemy and behind are the guys who kill you if you dont fight.

5. Volcom23

Volcom23 Member

Wow. Wise people. :)