1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Eureka I think I found my mantra!

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Bonski, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bonski

Bonski Member

I have been using Life Flow 10 for about a week so far. And after struggling with what my mantra will be; trying "calm" and "peace" before. Which did yield nice meditation sessions. I was not sure that either were right for me. My eye would keep opening to look at how much time I had been meditating.
    And it just didn't feel right.

Today I tried "I am" because when using "calm" and "peace" I felt like I was instructing myself: "you should be calm or have peace" and than I think I got hung up on that.

I got the idea to use "I am" because on the occasions of just laying in the grass and looking at the clouds I always get the sense of I am (in the sense of I am in the state of being)to take in this sky or the fresh air or whatever the case may be.
    Using this as my mantra today seemed to take the burden away from me and just allowed me to be.
    I only looked at the clock 3 times in 40 minutes (before it seemed like I was constantly looking at the clock.) Also I think I heard things in Life Flow 10 I never heard before.
    Could this be an indication that I am getting it?
    Any advise or comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bonnie

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

What's there to get ?:confused:

There is no secret to find out, not bonus, no reward. Just meditation.

When I was a child
    trees were trees,
    People people
    And horses were horses.
    The sky was the sky
    And the sun was the sun.

Then I went searching
    And became spiritual.
    Then trees were people
    People were the sun.
    The sun was clouds
    and the clouds were water.

Now that I have found myself again
    Trees are again trees
    And the sun is the sun
    People are people again
    A cloud again a cloud.

Chinese poem.

"I am" as a mantra is excellent by the way ! :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. myriam

myriam Member

feelings of vibration in body

Hello,:)

it is day 13 with LF 10 and I meditate daily 60 min in the morning. Does anyone has had a feeling as if the back bas noise is vibrating in different parts of the bod? Had this before with Sahaja yoga 20 years ago (form of tantra shakti meditation) but this technique was supposed to trigger something. In this case I just observe and use the mantra 'soham' wich fades away because the observing prevails. This gives the weird sensation of the observer and wath is being observed, feelings or in this case the vibrating sensation in the body.

Myriam from antwerp, belgium

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

I had and have different vibrations in my body, heat in the spine, heat everywhere, and a few hundret different sensations... they´re all just a reminder that you are and that you´re here in a body :)

5. rykel

rykel Member

Vibrations in the body

I have definitely experienced vibrations in my different parts of my body during meditation. In my experience, vibrations in a certain area just means that healing energy is being channeled to an area that's energetically out of balance. It's a good thing. It means that the meditation is improving your health.

The very first time I felt these vibrations, I thought I was mad... but it turned out to actually be the healing energy.

6. myriam

myriam Member

thnx

hello,

thanx for the feedback, my husband started to meditate to and had the same vibration feeling. There is also a release of nervousness after the meditation wich is quite persistant, but I know this is possible, meditation can release suppresed stress and emotions. I try to use bach flowers to deal with it and it works. How long do you guys meditate ? the full hour or shorter? sometimes I do not have the time to meditate a full hour will it have the same effect if you cut on the time let say between 25 to 30 min? Wonder what LF 9 will generate. 2 months is the average time to meditate with one cd isn't it?

Kind regards:)

7. myriam

myriam Member

difference in head phones

I just discovered that with another headphone and playing the cd on a walkman there occured a change in the quality of the sound of LF10. The sound shifts from one ear to the other ear with te walkman. I do not have this while listening with the computer and other headphone. What is the right sound, with the bas sound equal in both ears or when it shift or fluctuates from one ear to another? How do you hear the sounds???:confused:

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Myriam,

I think your question is perhaps a little off-topic for this thread, but I'm sure the moderators can move it to a new thread if required, so I'll answer you here...

When I first listened to LF10, I was using (and still use) the recommended Sony headphones playing from my standard CD player. The sounds on LF10 does go from left to right quite noticably. Not sure why you don't notice that with the computer, unless the computer is doing some equalising of some sort?

Hugs

Giles

9. myriam

myriam Member

thnx GilesC

Hello GilesC,:)

Thank youfor this valuable information a was wondering about and srry about the wrong thread not quite familiar with these things, I am a dinausor of 50:D Well I tried to figure it out with my computer, bud I can not find why the wobling around of the sound does not work with the computer. I guess I'll continue with the walkmann. I asked support but I do not think they understood what I meant. According to them what is really important about Lifeflow is not audible, what you hear is to make it agreable. I bought the headphones, also Sony MDR V600, last year when I started experimenting with holosync, I like lifeflow better to be honest, but Holosync was also interesting. I have the 10 CD's from Lifeflow, very curious for LF9, still one month to go with LF10.

10. Grey

Grey Member

you may have a setting on your computer playback device that is set for mono output. that eliminates panning sounds. check under options or the equivalent in your program.

11. myriam

myriam Member

thanks grey

ok i'll try that, indeed that could be the problem. :)

12. myriam

myriam Member

thnx grey

ok that could be the problem indeed I look if I can find this. Working with the walkman and this is different feel more calm and relaxed!