1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

That's absolutely brilliant advice Edwin gives here ;) I totally agree and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

2. billyboberino

billyboberino Member

Enlighten Q

I made my first post ever on a forum yesterday. I hope I'm putting my posts in the proper place on the forum. I guess I'll find out if I receive a response to this one.

I purchased Enlighten Q, and have a feeling that this is going to be a life changing program. The one concern I have about my approach to it, is that while following the sound, I notice that I'm almost holding my breath towards the end, and tightening up as to make sure that I listen very intently, or I should say intensely. Does anyone have advice on this? I notice this continually, that I tense up and nearly stop breathing.

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

LOL thats the most important part of it, i guess :D

I guess its better to let the breath flow, so if you recognize holding your breath, just relax and breath again, slowly. To tense up means that you´re afraid of something, probably that you could miss the sound, which cant happen anyway. So just relax and try to focus without beeing afraid of something. Meditation itself would be a proper mean to learn to relax while you´re focusing.

4. Goodall

Goodall Member

Thanks Edwin for the straight answers - the only kind I like!!

If the sensation I am looking for is deep peace and silence, any ideas what my experience of being close and far away to a point in space was?

Thanks

Chris

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Works like magic

Just finished my own work schedule and found some great advice already given to questions in this thread :)

For one week only, after initially checking out the EnlightenQ program I have been practising the Q exercise and it really does work like magic.

Bearing in mind, I am a longtime LifeFlow meditator and I distinctly remember the first time I experienced an amazing feeling sensation - it was the first time I meditated to LF7. Others may experience this with LifeFlow 10 and maybe I did a little, I can't remember but I remember clearly with my first LF7meditation session, even though it was around 3 years ago. I have experienced the feeling sensation many many times since, however, since practicing this week with both the initial EnlightenQ exercise and the extended exercise version I am amazed at how fast the feeling comes up and how long it consistantly lasts.

I have noticed also through the day that I seem to occasionally, unconsciously take a deep breath and the feeling is immediately there.

With all the benefits each level of LifeFlow has which are in the following link:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...t-project-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html

coupled with this amazing new technique, think I might have to invest in a rocket with very strong straps hehehe

Excuse my excitement but with EnlightenQ to get you in place and LifeFlow to consistently keep you there for long periods of time ... WOW ...and I'm only on the exercise still :)

On a more serious note, the feeling sensation is your nudge to allow you to mentally and physically relax into the silent stillness. The results of spending time here has consistantly improved my emotional, physical, family, spiritual and financial life immensely and it can for anyone.

The following piece is copied from the quick reference instructions for the Q exercise - it has helped me immensely. I hope it helps you and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

Begin playing the practice track. Open speakers or headphones may be used. Listen will full attention placed on the sound of each tone. Follow the tone as it fades into silence. When the tone seems to have faded away completely, redouble listening efforts. Try to pick up the sound of the tone still faintly resonating at a very quiet level. Each time the tone seems to have disappeared entirely, repeat, and redouble the listening effort.

At some point in this intensive listening process, you will experience your own unique feeling/sensation as described in the program. While the exact nature of this feeling/sensation will vary from person to person, a distinct feeling of quiet and calm generally accompanies it. The moment this feeling presents itself, stop listening for the tone. Physically and mentally, relax into the silence and stillness. Allow the silent stillness to take over. This may last for only a moment, or it may last for several minutes. The duration of silence will gradually increase as you become more and more proficient at the exercise.

Note that while relaxing into the silent stillness, the track will continue playing tones at intervals in the background. This is by intent. While relaxing into the silence, it is important to develop the ability to casually disregard continued stimulation of the outward senses. Any practice that only functions in absolute silence will fail when it is attempted in your normal, waking life. The ability to remain in the silence despite the continued bowl tones develops the ability to practice even in environments where absolute outward silence is not available.

When thoughts break back into the mind, whether after a moment or after several minutes, return to listening for the tones and repeat the cycle. The practice track is approximately 13 minutes in length. Any practice will help develop the required skill, so listening to all 13 minutes every practice session is not mandatory. Conversely, you may loop the track and practice for longer if desired.

Remember it is unimportant how long the period of silent stillness lasts. Only the physical body and the mind are subject to the limitations imposed by our traditional view of space/time. Pure consciousness; pure awareness, exists outside these boundaries. Once complete immersion in the silent stillness has been achieved, mind no longer has total domination. Pure consciousness touches the field of timelessness and works its magic outside of the limitations of time and space. So for practical purposes, even a few moments of timelessness is, on the level of consciousness and awareness, almost unlimited.

6. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

I've tried the EnlightenQ for a week now and I also have to admit that it works very reliably to get me to a state where I hardly think and am surrounded by silence.

I'm just curious...the actual sounds...are they similar to Lifeflow (binaural beats) or what is actually responsible?
    Bernd

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Bernd, there is a brilliant explanation of how the Q technique works on
    C.D.2

You can understand how, with consistant practice it just gets better and better and part of every day life :)

Wishing you much peace and joy :) :) :)

8. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

Thanks for the reply, will listen to the explanation again then, must have missed it. Doesn't matter anyway, what it is, I was just curious how it compares to LF.
    Bernd

9. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

I'm a couple days in now, still not noticing any feeling sensations. Thinking that maybe I need to focus on the relaxation track for a few days, really nail down getting relaxed, then maybe go back to the listening.

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

For me i have to really focus 110%, even if it gets exhausting, otherwise it wont work. With time my focus feels like it has weight, it gets really intense. So the first thing to get into this sensation is the ability, to concentrate... relaxation comes afterwards, i guess.

11. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

exhaustion v relaxation

I think there may be a middle path here.
    Intense concentration which is exhausting, I think may be too driven with too much 'I' in there.
    Too much relaxation and we are in that dreamy state like sitting in warm marmalade.
    I think the awareness we are looking for is a 'not doing' rather than a doing.
    Following the instructions but not trying too hard is like walking a tightrope - relaxed but focussed - but not tight and tense.
    I think trying to get the sensation is a mistake. Following the instructions and accepting whatever happens, I think is the way forward. If we are constantly asking - is this the sensation I am looking for? - we are wanting something and this craving, desire, reaching, is ego driven and works against us.
    If it is there sometimes and not others - that is reality not a failure. If it hasn't happened yet - no worries - be aware only of what is. If it happens regularly don't try to hang on to it - let it last as long as it does.
    There isn't a race and there is no failure - just show up to meditate - that's success.
    Preaching hat off now!!

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Whatever works. For me this works 100% all the time, but everyones different and has to find his own access. The instructions from EnlightenQ should fit for everyone.

13. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

My ADD-riddled (ADDled? lol) brain is probably partially to blame then, I sometimes have a hard time keeping focused. That in combination with over-analyzing my bodymind state for the feeling-sensation is probably what's blocking me. I'll just keep practicing, I'm sure eventually it will click. :)

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hehe... i cant keep up a 110% focus too, all the time. As far as i´ve experienced it doesnt matter anyway. If i cant focus 110%, then it just takes a little longer, but the shift WILL happen, if i dont give up. I get there everytime faster... need only 3 gongs atm :D

15. IanT

IanT Member

Q Exercise Extended Practice

I am following Michael and Pollyanna's advice to use the Q Exercise Extended Practice (Singing Bowls) before I progress to the EnlightenQ Mantra.

Every practice session I listen to 2 x 12.57 minute tracks on CD4 (back to back). By half way through the second track I am starting to drift back and forth and by the end of the 2nd session than ready to 'nod off'! So far I have only practiced for a few days alterating with LifeFlow (ie. LF6 in the morning and Q Exercise Extended Practice at night).
    The technique; towards the end of the fading of the Bowl sound I tell myself to 'listen', 'listen' (thus preventing mind chatter). The practice sessions are very relaxing but I have experienced the most vivid and surreal dreams (without fail!).

Q Advice anyone:

- Should a 1 x 12.57 minute CD4 Q Exercise Extended Practice session at a time suffice? I have considered trying a practice session ie. once every say four hours (when not at work!).

- I am not necessarily concentrating on breathing at any time of the session (unlike prescribed by the Q Mantra).

Any thoughts? Thanks.

16. amoux

amoux Member

Hi IanT - I've been doing (usually) just one of the 12.57 sessions at a time, and Michael says on one of the cds that you don't have to do the whole track every time, so it sounds like your idea is a good one. Time permitting, I try to fit in four or five sessions spaced throughout the day (separate to my meditation practice) - but this week I'm dialling it down a bit to two or three sessions. This is such a powerful exercise, and so far it has definitely exceeded my expectations.

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey IanT,

Have you read Michael´s suggestion to get comfortable with the Q practice before moving on to the Q technique itself? Your Success With EnlightenQ

As far as i´ve read, you dont need to stick to the whole 13mins. I for myself just use it until the shift happens, and sometimes a little more, but thats it. At the moment thats about 5mins for me.

18. chris-da-fur

chris-da-fur Member

I can totally relate to this. Sometimes it takes a bit for my mind to wind down but if I just stay patient it will happen!

19. IanT

IanT Member

Many thanks for sharing your observations and thanks for the link Panthau. I have now re-read Michael's suggestion.

As with LifeFlow I am noticing a shift or 'gateway' to a different consciousness; sometimes increased light, flash of light. I have also noticed a small fleck (almost like a dim lightbulb) during and away from meditation. I hope this isn't a Vortex coming for me lol :eek:

Panthau, you mention reaching the 'shift' after 5 mins. Could you possibly describe the experience (stillness, light, Band of Angels . . .?). On a practical note do how you deal with the moment i.e. do you physically move to turn your player off and how long does the moment last?

I look forward to your replies. Cheers.

20. soulvids

soulvids Member

In your own words, how would you describe the feeling sensation? I inquired about what I should be looking for and support told me that I would have no doubts once I achieved it.

Also, do you experience it only during the intense listening, or can it occur once you release the tension after the sounding of the next gong?

Finally, if its the intense listening into silence that evokes the sensation, should I assume that the feeling/sensation is (partly) audible. If not, am I really actually listening for antything?