1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

EnlightenQ

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Mr Monkey, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi Siva,

I'm in the same boat as you in that my practice hasn't yet produced 'that' sensation consistantly (well for me not at all :eek:), and like you I have been a little frustrated about it. But I'm trying to go with the approach of reviewing it weekly rather than after each session. This will give the product a chance and allow my mind to start making changes.

I think it was Ta-tsu-wa who wrote in a post about everyone is at a different starting points. Perhaps me and you are just a bit further back down the starting grid then a few others who have reported 'the sensation' already.

I'm not saying that we're not doing something wrong; perhaps we are which is why we're not getting the sensation. On the same note I think there is value giving you mind and the product a few days to work before concerning ourselves too much with our own technique regarding the Q-exercise.

Saying that, hope you get the breakthrough soon ;)

Cheers, Paul :)

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yep, but i guess thats it! The mind is overwhelmed by the concentrated focus and finally seeks release, and thats the sensation we´re after. We shouldnt be worried if its at the beginning a bit hard to "achieve"... as Michael says, its practice practice practice, and finally we´ll be able to achieve that state without even listening to the gong.

The other question is, if this method suits for everyone. Couldnt that also release or trigger burried emotions?

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Distractions ??

Distractions will always be there.

The only problem that you guys have with the traffic and trains is that the sounds are a bit loud to your liking.
    But every experience, wether you think of it as positive or negative, can be used at your advantage.
    The experiment with the singing bowl might not be perfect in such an invironment, but the sounds of traffic and trains can be used in the same way.
    Don't go making the mistake thinking that there is some magic in the sound of the singing bowl in the recordings.
    ANY sound can be used. The secret is in the listening itself, you see.
    When you are listening for a sound, and the sound disappears, mind usually just goes looking for the next sound. This is the typical reaction of the mind. It seeks gratification in directing attention towards things that may be of interest for you.
    When you live near traffic, instead of the sound of the singing bowl, tell yourself to listen intently for the sound of lorry's or motorcycles passing by in between the numerous cars. When your ear picks the sound up, keep listening for it even after the sound is muffled by the cars after it has passed you by.

And try to realise this: If mind is busy looking for the sound of that truck or motorcycle or singing bowl, completely engulfed in the search, who is it that notices this ? Mind is allready busy, so that must mean that you exist outside your mind !

Siva, do you know that deep feeling of peace and tranquility from your LifeFlow meditation sessions ? When the mind slows down and becomes less dominant ? That is the feeling !
    If you have no clue what I am talking about, please tell me.

All that the singing bowl technique does is teach you how to access that feeling instantly instead of after being immersed in deep meditation for several minutes.

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

It is ! Focus on that sensation !

5. siva

siva Member

Hi Edwin,
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't been meditating long (with or without LF). So, I'm not very familiar with the deep feeling of peace and tranquility that you're talking about. Could you explain more?
    Here's what I used to feel in LF. After a while, the number of thoughts (random or connected) seem to become less and at some point, I'd start feeling some numbness on the other side of my palms (I usually rest my hand, palms facing up, on my legs) and at the same time I'd feel as if my head is resting in my body much higher (or, sometimes, lower) than usual. Not sure if this matches with the feeling of peace and harmony you're talking about.

Thanks,
    Siva

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Bodily sensations like the ones of your hands or head are usually distractions rather than pointers.
    For example, for some strange reason I get a sensation of numerous itches on my face only just before I enter the deepest state of meditation.
    Annoying, and if I scratch I have to start all over again, and when I peacefully endure them and accept them they go away I go into a state of no-thought.

As an analogy or pointer:
    The feeling should be the something like taking a really nice warm relaxing bath with scented oils, or lying on a beach with white sand and palm trees as you bask in the pleasant sunlight.

Something like that, a deep feeling of relaxation and peace. When beginning with meditation, that is where it starts, and it takes off from there.

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thats interesting. Its the same if you want to stay awake, while your body sleeps. You can trick the mind, bye imitating the rythm of your sleep breathing. At one point, your mind wants to check if you´re really asleep, and sends some signals. Those can be the urgent need to turn around, or some or one very intense itch. If you resist to react upon it, your mind sends the signal to paralyse your muscles, and then you´re ready to leave the body.

8. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi All,

Frustration with progress is a sign of grasping. All hindrances to meditation emanate from a single source. They are generated by the control freak inside of you that refuses to let go.

In the book Mindfulness, Bliss & Beyond. By Ajahn Brahm, uses the simile.

Like a person who works all day Monday and gets no pay……Geez what a day, what am I doing this for?
    Tuesday another bad day, still no pay……..sigh!
    Wednesday & Thursday all effort and no pay…..Geez 4 bad days in a row!
    Then comes Friday. He does exactly the same work as everyday before, but at the end of the day the boss gives him his wages.... WOW! Why can’t every day be payday?

Peace :)

9. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

That's really interesting, I've been having those itches quite a bit, when I'm far enough, they don't bother me. I even can withstand the urge to sneeze, which is good proof that you're in a different state.
    The thing that I don't quite get so far is, how EnlightenQ should be integrated with LF. I got a support message not to bother about how to do that and that things will fall into place. But right now I see that EnlightenQ (just the excercise I mean) acts a bit like an aircraft carrier catapult that can shoot me right into a meditative state and that somewhat diminishes my dedications to continue with LF.
    Does anyone feel the same?? Also...seeing that EnlightenQ seems to be very effective...LF takes about 4 times as long...and to my understanding they do pretty much the same thing, no?
    Bernd

10. Goodall

Goodall Member

Loads of questions

Hi

Im new to this community, although have been through the Lifeflow programme with varying amounts of success.

I decided to take the plunge with Enlightenq as the promotion promised a lot!!

I did the exercise on cd2 and immediately got a strange sensation - as though i was very close and far away from a point in space just in front of my face (hard to describe) I stayed with this feeling for a while. I have been practising with the gongs now for four days and have not got near the same feeling.

I have now listened to the other CD's and have the following questions - can anyne help me?

1. Could the feeling described above be THE feeling?
    2. At what point do i need to be before moving on to the full q technique - should i be able to access this feeling whenever i want.
    3. Some people have described experiencing their feeling randomly throughout the day and noticing it occurring - should this be hapening to me once i have enough practice.
    4. The q technique sounds a bit fishy - isnt it just contrast e.g just noticing how relaxed I am compared to starined thought?
    5. Does anyone else experience difficulty with their breathing - I find myself holding my breath to be able to hear the silence more easily and so do not feel massively relaxed - any advice on this?
    6. Where is the immediate feedback (as claimed) to know how I am doing?

Sorry if some of these questions sound negative about the product - these are not meant to be an attack, just genuine questions. At the moment I am torn between thinking I have wasted £240 and thinking that this may be the breakthrough that I have been looking for.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Chris

11. billyboberino

billyboberino Member

Enlighten Q

I recently purchased Enlighten Q, and I believe this is going to be highly praised by those who decide to go for it. I've tried several different companies products as far as mind technologies go, and for those who are sitting on the fence wondering if they want to try Enlighten Q, it is nothing like anything I've come across. It cannot be compared to holosync, or any other brain entrainment programs, because it doesn't work like those types of programs. Do yourselves a favor and give it a try. I am just beginning, and actually would like to ask someone who is working with the program a question. Before I ask any questions, I'll wait to see if there is anyone currently using the program. This is a program that I can tell I will not quit on. I'm only beginning,and I have a deep sense if certainty about. As far as marketing goes, I don't know Michael, but based on his free downloads, which are very good by themselves, he appears to be a very generous individual. I don't think most of us would take the leap and purchase a product unless we believed it would have a profound effect on us. I venture to say if his marketing was mediocre, the use of his products would be as well. I can tell by what I've read from Lifeflow users that they are very happy and have had substantial life gains. I doubt that those claims would be posted if the marketing of the product was poor, because people would not have purchased the product to begin with. :)

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

This golden little nugget from Karmoh made me laugh out loud. Noticed a number of questions in this thread and want to take the time to read them carefully tomorrow before replying because I need to go to bed now as I have a very busy work schedule tomorrow.

Until then, try to relax and enjoy. Either way, you have nothing to lose, yet everything to gain. Tomorrow I will update the difference I have experienced in one week only. I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

13. Edwin

Edwin Member

Personally I think that LifeFlow is an excellent prelude towards EnlightenQ.

What LifeFlow does is switch your meditation into a higher gear, which in the end will make enlightenment more likely to happen.
    EnlightenQ is basically a method for reaching enlightenment faster.

But even for those who allready are enlightened, LifeFlow is still very pleasant, and meditation is as well.

just my opinion tho ;)

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am amazed at how many people come with this question.
    Even those who have been meditating for quite some time don't seem to recognise the meditation state ???:confused:

The only bodily sensation that indicates that you have reached this state is a deep feeling of peace and Quiet with a capital Q.
    As I described to Siva, it should feel similar to a warm bath, or sunbathing.
    That deep relaxation, as you will undoubtedly have experienced before in your life. Start there, that is where meditation begins, wether you are sitting or walking on the street.
    Yep, when you both know when to recognise it, and enter that state whenever you try, that's when you are ready.
    Yes, but it should happen every time you try first.
    Maybe that there is all there is to it ? Keep practicing that and see just how deep the rabbit hole goes !
    Often when meditating my breathing becomes so shallow that it is almost impossible to hear. Make sure you are sitting comfortably for some time, like 30 seconds or something, so that you are not out of breath from moving and your body settles in, and then you don't need to breath as deeply anymore, and you can try shallow breath and still focus on the silence.
    Perhaps you better ask this to the PM staff.
    The EnlightenQ technique is kind of like a home-training device.
    You WILL get the abs from the advertisement if you actually do the training every day like they say.
    But in reality there are numerous devices collecting dust under people's beds.

Put in the effort, and your life will never be the same for a meager £240

I hope my answers aren't too straight forward to your liking, but basically, this is what the program is about.
    Enlightenment can be achieved by everybody. But not everybody wants to.
    If you do want to buy the program, answer yourself this question first:

Do I really really want to change my life irreversibly ?
    Even if I know that it will be for the better ?

If the answer is still yes, dive into the Q program with full trust and faith that it can and will change your life. Even if it doesn't produce enlightenment with you, you will still have some very valuable techniques that can make life a lot easyer for you. No money wasted what so ever.

15. Panthau

Panthau Member

I never (or at least cant remember) had this state in any of my meditation. Now does that indicate that i should listen to "Discover Meditation"? LOL

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hahaha you of all people should know the meditation state.

With AYP you even went deeper and have had Samadhi-like experiences from what I can remember from earlyer posts by you.

The meditation state is simply that moment where the mind becomes less dominant, it still produces thoughts but less, and you feel a deep peace and relaxation.
    That is all !

That is the feeling-sensation that Michael is talking about in the Q program.

17. Panthau

Panthau Member

Yes i guess you´re right, ive been there. The weird thing is, that i was there EVERY meditation with LF6, and with AYP it intensified multiplied itself 10 times. But then i stopped LF, as i wanted to concentrate on one thing, and then this ability slowly faded away.

I still can meditate most times much more deeper then when i begun, but the deeper LF levels are something different.

18. chris063

chris063 Member

I think that the 'feeling sensation' is something which is very personal to everyone, or at least, the perception of it is. Michael is very careful to leave the description of it as the 'feeling sensation' throughout the EQ course, leaving it open to whatever the person experiencing it feels that it is.

I think that everyone has the capability of recognising this state, even if it is split second to begin with. I believe that practice with the techniques he suggests will help to lengthen the times this is experienced, and also deepen the 'feeling sensation' of it, however it is percieved by the practitioner!

I hope it is okay to mention this, but there is a book by Jack Kornfield, called After the Ecstacy, the Laundry, which I found incredibly 'enlightening' just from reading it. It is full of examples and anecdotes of well-known 'spiritual' Masters, Teachers, Leaders, and describes how they all could be said to be 'enlightened', but that Life is never a constant, and even these great people, including the Buddha, still struggled at times, to deal with events, people, circumstances in their lives. The point was, Enlightenment can be said to allow us reach a better and more balanced place to view the world from, and so make it easier for us to deal with our problems and World problems, but, it doesn't mean that life is going to be a bed of roses from there on.

I felt that Michael described this very well on the cd's. Personally, I feel that the goal is to experience Inner Peace, Absolute Stillness, for longer, and more Deeply, in every meditation session, and then to continue to be connected to that Feeling as much as possible throughout the day. The more conscious we are of that Feeling, the easier it is to know that we have left it, and then to recapture it, as often as is possible.

I read once, that there are as many Paths to Enlightenment as there are people.. I feel that is Important that people do what feels right to them, and do not spend too much time worrying or doubting if they are doing it 'right'. I believe that the Intention is as important as the Goal. And intending is not the same as simply wishing!

But others may feel differently :)

Very Much Peace and Light to you All,

Chris :):):)

19. Edwin

Edwin Member

A very profound point you make Chris063.

Thank you for that.

20. Edwin

Edwin Member

Now with the Q method you learn to experience that feeling during your every-day life. People will think you are a Zen master :p